PDA

View Full Version : If you don't support Man United

Pawsitive Thinking
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
then please get behind Chelsea for tomorrow's Champions League final. The biggest game in "our" club's history...........

I am so excited......even got permission to wear my footie shirt to work :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Go on ;) you know you want to :D

Karen
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
For Americans going :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Manchester United - big soccer (they call it football) team

Killearn Kitties
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
.....even got permission to wear my footie shirt to work :D

Oh get a grip woman.

What are you like?

Has the hair turned blue again???

RICHARD
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I'll bet they won't let you blow one of those air horns or light a flare at your desk!;)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Has the hair turned blue again???

Just the one streak this time :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 03:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_UEFA_Champions_League_Final

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-21-2008, 03:53 AM
GO GO GO CHELSEA GO GO GO !!!!

Chelsea can beat Man U!! They've done it before!!!

Killearn Kitties
05-21-2008, 04:04 AM
I baked you something to enjoy with your morning coffee, Denise.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Miscellaneous/Bluecake72px.jpg

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 04:11 AM
Yummy! will go nicely with my blue coffee :D

kittycats_delight
05-21-2008, 05:43 AM
I'll say 'GO CHELSEA' just to support you Denise. :)

I will admit thought I detest 'football' soccer, calcio(italian)!!!! There is about 30 channels on Sky Italia for bloody soccer. Each of the BIG teams has their own channel. People are so nuts for it here. I just don't like it at all. Maybe it is because of the obsession that people have with it here. I don't know. But some of my hubby's friends eat, sleep, breathe, and Sh*t (sorry) calcio. It is like a bigger part of their life than anything. They cannot have a single conversation without brings soccer into in some way, shape or form. No matter what they are talking about it always ends up back to soccer. :mad: It drives me insane!!! Ok rant over. Sorry

SO.....GO CHELSEA....:D

Just for you Denise.

Michelle

P.S. I'm a hockey junkie or atleast used to be when I was in Canada. Kinda difficult here seeing you can't even get it on satellite. :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
SO.....GO CHELSEA....

Just for you Denise.

Awww - thanks Michelle :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
big soccer (they call it football) team

:love::D:D:D or "proper" football :D:D:D:love:

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2008, 04:23 AM
we came second ;)

Fantastic game to watch, just the wrong result...............can't wait for the season to start again

kittycats_delight
05-22-2008, 04:59 AM
can't wait for the season to start again

It won't be long before it starts up again. It seems they never take a very long break. There is always this championship or that. :p

Sorry Chelsea came second...if you ask me Man United Cheated. ;) Darned Manchester crowd needs a good kick in the arse!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-22-2008, 05:05 AM
we came second ;)

Fantastic game to watch, just the wrong result...............can't wait for the season to start again

It was indeed a fantastic game!! I watched it from the beginning untill the very last penalty shot!! In my opinion Chelsea was the better team; to bad they hit 2 balls on the frame :eek:.
Hey Denise, they have every reason to be proud; being second means they beat lots of others teams :) Up to next season now!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2008, 05:11 AM
We have a grudging respect for Sir Alex so if we have to lose to anyone we'd rather it was ManUre than Arsenal or Liverpool :eek:

Killearn Kitties
05-22-2008, 05:28 AM
That was why I wanted Man U to win - the Scottish connection, you see. ;)

Sorry it was the wrong result for you though. When I logged on this morning I noticed a couple of posts from you around 2.45am!! Did we have difficulty getting to sleep after the match?

RICHARD
05-22-2008, 05:31 AM
That was an interesting game of FUTBOL.....

No "hand of god" to be seen. Just hard work and sweat.

BTW,

Why is there crying in "proper football" and none to be seen in the "Estilo Americano"?

---------------------

I rooted for the Green.....HEINEKEN!

Killearn Kitties
05-22-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm sure they are crying really - you just can't see it behind all that safety gear. ;)

Miss Z
05-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Sorry Chelsea came second...if you ask me Man United Cheated. ;) Darned Manchester crowd needs a good kick in the arse!!!

Oi! :p

Our household was the loudest on the street the second van der Sar made that awesome save. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Oi! :p

Our household was the loudest on the street the second van der Sar made that awesome save. :D

**grits teeth""

congratulations - was a great game

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
When I logged on this morning I noticed a couple of posts from you around 2.45am!! Did we have difficulty getting to sleep after the match?

Went home and watched it all over again :D

Kirsten
05-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm very sorry that Chelsea lost the match. I was keeping my fingers crossed for Michael Ballack and his team!

Kirsten

cassiesmom
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I heard on the news last night that the winner was Manchester United. I rooted for Chelsea, though! We have a game in Chicago in July between Cruz Azul (a Mexican team) and Cracovia Krakow (a Polish team) --- I'd go because it's likely to be very multi-cultural! Soccer has gotten bigger in Chicago in the past few years.

RICHARD
05-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I heard on the news last night that the winner was Manchester United. I rooted for Chelsea, though! We have a game in Chicago in July between Cruz Azul (a Mexican team) and Cracovia Krakow (a Polish team) --- I'd go because it's likely to be very multi-cultural! Soccer has gotten bigger in Chicago in the past few years.

Cemento Cruz Azul, Blue Cross Cement!

CA is a very popular team here in Lost Angeles. The Mex futbol fans are really rowdy, be prepared!

Miss Z
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
**grits teeth""

congratulations - was a great game

Yep, it certainly was. I enjoyed it, even if my heart was in my mouth for most of it. I think the fact it came down to penalties proves how both clubs are pretty much even in the quality of the team and the ability of the players.

Chelsea were more worthy opponents than Liverpool any day. :D

RICHARD
05-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I heard the Chelsea coach got sacked!:confused:

He took the team to a second place finish and is thanked that way?:rolleyes:

Miss Z
05-26-2008, 04:37 AM
I heard the Chelsea coach got sacked!:confused:

He took the team to a second place finish and is thanked that way?:rolleyes:

It is a bit unfair. He had it very tough following Mourihno. I don't think many managers could quite command the respect from the players that he did.

That and I bet old Roman wasn't too chuffed about losing on his home patch either.

Same with poor Sven at Man City and the delightful Mr 'Sinatra'. :p:rolleyes:

Football is ruthless - second doesn't win cups!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Chelsea were more worthy opponents than Liverpool any day. Absolutely!!

Avram wasn't technically sacked - he was offered the job of Director of Football (the one he had previously) for a million or so more but turned it down.

Am waiting for the call offering me the job..................:rolleyes: