PDA

View Full Version : How sick can people be?! My friend was critically injured..

CountryWolf07
05-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Here's the article.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/05/17/rose.html?sid=101

Please pray for all of these people who have been injured by this SICK man. My friend's name is Rachel and she was in my painting class this quarter. I just can only pray and hope she will be able to get through this.

She is currently in critical condition, possibly paralyzed from the waist down. :(

Karen
05-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Haiku for Rachel

Prayers and wishes of
Comfort and healing spring forth
For you this sad night

krazyaboutkatz
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
How horrible.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being Rachels way and for all of the other hurt people too.

chocolatepuppy
05-20-2008, 05:02 AM
How awful. :( I will keep your friend in my prayers.

Medusa
05-20-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm so sorry this has happened. Thank goodness he's at least off the streets. I will light a special candle for Rachel and my prayers will go up immediately. Prayers for you, too.....

Freedom
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Prayers for Rachel, her family and friends, from RI.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Beggars belief :(

Prayers going out to your friend and her family

CountryWolf07
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
A bartender at a Short North restaurant is paralyzed and an owner suffered broken ribs when a patron ran over them Thursday night, a Columbus police officer testified yesterday.

Police Officer Irma Holmes described the injuries during a bail hearing for Michael Rose, who is charged with four counts of felonious assault in the incident outside Haiku, 800 N. High St.

Municipal Court Judge Carrie E. Glaeden set Rose's bail at $500,000.

Rose, 43, of 2348 Graydon Blvd., is accused of intentionally backing his sport-utility vehicle over Haiku bartender Rachel Widomski and co-owner Julie Liu as they tried to stop him after he ran out on his bill. Police say he also hit a patron, Todd Sandler, and tried to hit a fourth person, who was not injured.

Widomski, 28, was in serious condition yesterday at Grant Medical Center. Liu, 48, was in fair condition at Ohio State University Medical Center. Sandler, 30, was treated at the scene by Columbus Fire Division paramedics.

Holmes said that Widomski has crushed vertebrae, a lacerated liver and lung damage and won't walk again. The officer said Liu has lung damage in addition to broken ribs.

Attempts to reach their family members have been unsuccessful.

Defense attorney Gregg Slemmer said of Rose: "As soon as my client became aware of the pending charges, he turned himself in."

Rose, who has two children, has a bachelor's degree from Ohio State University, Slemmer said.

luvofallhorses
05-20-2008, 01:04 PM
how sad! :( I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

ramanth
05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
How aweful. :( :( Prayers for Rachel and her family and the other victims.

Jessika
05-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Were they chasing after him to pay the tab? I don't understand quite... it kind of makes it seem like he waited for them and then ran them over? But if they were chasing after him that makes more sense, though the article didn't specify.

Though that is awful, I can't believe how anyone could do that over a matter of a bar tab... it's just money... now he will go to jail for, what? Attempted manslaughter? Shame people feel the need to resort to violence like this over just petty issues...

Catty1
05-20-2008, 07:58 PM
OMG - I pray that Rachel can have a miracle and be able to regain more movement than ever. Doctors have been surprised before!

This is a link to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Paralysis Resource Center (PRC)
http://www.paralysis.org/site/c.erJMJUOxFmH/b.1169107/k.BE3A/Home.htm

Before Dana died (their poor son!), she was on Oprah and some of the people that had been treated at the centre were on the show. A young woman, told she wouldn't walk again, WAS walking - in braces, but doing it herself.

I bet the bar and town could raise a lot of money for Rachel if this was an option. I know her parents and all are overwhelmed...is there anyone that could look into this for her?

Prayers that everyone recovers, and that the person arrested does something to help...I hope that time at the bar is the last drink he ever takes. :(

CountryWolf07
05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
All I know is, from her mom what she said to the professor in class, was that Rachel and two other people ran out to catch him because he was trying to escape before they found out he did not pay the bar tab. Something like that, but he just intentionally ran them over just to get away. I don't understand people these days.

elizabethann
05-21-2008, 08:49 AM
OMG. That is awful! Your poor friend. I will send good thoughts her way.

lvpets2002
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
:( oH My I am so sorry for your friend.. Prayers being sent.. As for that sorry excuse of a human - I hope they lock him up for good this time..:mad:

moosmom
05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Because of a bill????? Whoa! That dude's gene pool definitely needs filtering. I hope they throw the book at him!!

Catty1
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Well, his gene pool already exists in his daughters, and his wife helped...I feel for them. Who knows, maybe they had been begging him to stop drinking for a long time...horrifying for Rachel and her friends and family, and also for the driver's family....

Prayers for all the victims on both sides.

shepgirl
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Very sad for Rachel who is paralyzed. Hoping that with proper therapy she will regain the use of her legs.
Some people surely don't realize the way they change lives by acting out of frustration and anger.