PDA

View Full Version : Planned your Vacation Destination?

Hellow
05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok, i thought this would be a good question in the theme of summer: Have you planned where you are going to go this summer for a vacation? If so, post about it! My family is planning to go to Myrtle Beach, SC. We go there every year and my parents basically know the whole route. Its a very nice place, some of you should visit some time!

Moesha
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I went to a wedding at Hunting Island, South Carolina last weekend. It is an island just north of Hilton Head. I'd never been there before. Wish I had a few more days there to explore.

Casper
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I wish we were able to, but this will be the first summer that we do not take a family vacation. Mum had to use up her vacation days when the basement flooded around spring break. Its really a bummer, but we will survive without one. :]

I am pretty psyched about going on a mini skate trip with some friends. Somewhere in Kentucky, if I am not mistaken. Nothing major, though.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Yay! I'm very excited for this summer! My family is going to DC for my aunt's wedding in August... we've never been, so it should be fun!

joycenalex
05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
stay-cation at my house in early june...translation lotsa chores will be done:), then in december, a week in "vegas baby". price of airfare/gas has changed my plans. anyone else change due to transport costs?

prechrswife
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
We are going to visit my husband's family in Georgia in August and my family in Louisiana in December. With 2 weeks vacation and living away from family, that is the way it works out for us. We live 2 blocks from the ocean, though.:cool:

Freedom
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
No vacation here for . . . 5 or 6 years, caring for my ailing father. :(

Taz_Zoee
05-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Our vacation days are on hold for some years due to finances. So this year, like last, we will just go to the condo in Tahoe for a week. This year we will be going for the 4th of July, so that's fun! :D
Hopefully someday we will be able to go on a cruise again, or at least out of the state or even country.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Sadly my husband took most of his vacation when we bought our house, and we had a week moving in and such (I have more time off than him). But this weekend we are going to Arches NP in Utah for the long weekend for my birthday. Then, this summer when my mom visits we will probably do some fun day trips to do some hiking and camping. I also will have a week off before I start teaching and I will probably visit the family in Iowa.

Nothing too spectacular but I'm just glad I have time off!! :D

Uabassoon
05-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I just took a few days off and went to Texas to visit my family now that finals are over. The next vacation is next month, Alexa and I are going to Austin for a week to help her find an apartment. She'll be moving there in August for law school. I'm also hoping to go to Las Vegas for a weekend in August to visit my friends that live there.

caseysmom
05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I finally planned the big family vacation I promised my family and myself to treat all of us after going through the stress of dealing with my brothers estate. Two days ago I booked a week in Maui at a luxurious hotel, I am totally excited, we will go in early August.

klamjuz
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
The only vacation I have planned is end of this week. I'm going to
HO-HI-HO!!!:)

cassiesmom
05-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I like what joycenalex called it, stay-cation. No travel for me any time soon because I started a new job several weeks ago. I don't want to be taking time off yet. Also because regular unleaded is over $4 per gallon in the Chicago area. Probably will visit Navy Pier or the ARt Institute though.

Caseysmom, I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip to Hawaii!

lizbud
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
The only vacation I have planned is end of this week. I'm going to
HO-HI-HO!!!:)

Same here.:D Gas prices are outrageous.:eek:

Logan
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
We have our annual family trip planned for the 3rd week of June at the beach in NC. I'm not even sure that my husband will be able to go, but hopefully he can go for at least part of the week. My daughter and I are going for the full week. Other than that, we have no other vacation plans this summer. My husband is in the middle of trying to buy a business and the timing is uncertain so he really can't commit to anything.

carole
05-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Well i have not had a holiday in years, and it is winter down under, but as a lot of you know I am sending my children to the gold coast Australia for a week in July, see my ticker down below, my eldest son scott who is 26 is going with his partner Amber and taking his sister Melissa for her 16th birthday, on us of course, so it is rather exciting, i have been planning the trip for a year and it will soon be here July 12th to be exact, they will have a ball i hope visiting all the theme parks and shopping and beaches.:)

pitc9
05-20-2008, 03:48 PM
My hubby threw around the idea of driving out west this fall but I mapped our trip out and figured out how many miles we'd be going and that it would cost us over $1000 just in GAS!!! :eek:
So I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen!

Medusa
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping to visit my son in L.A. maybe as early as next month, not sure yet. He always takes me to some fantastic places in CA, so I'm really looking forward to it. It all depends on how quickly my house repairs get done as to when I'll leave.

kt_luvs_kitties
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
My family is planning a trip back to Indiana. My husband has to stay behind and care for the kitties and doggie. My parents usually pay for the whole trip, I just tag along:p

I will be stopping in Kentucky HOPEFULLY to stay the night with Melissa (doolittleky). I LOVE seeing her kitties and her doggie. That is the only reason I go on a long trip like that.

We plan on trying to make it when they have a Large cat show. I am dying to go to one.;)

Alysser
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I am not sure we are going one this summer. We booked Washington DC for 3 days in July, but I'm not sure if we are still going because my brother might not be there, and the trip was really to visit him. I don't mind much though, I went on a cruise last Christmas, so that was my big vacation for awhile. The summer before we went to Florida but we are getting bored of it. :p

elizabethann
05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm going to Orlando this summer and in September I'm going up North to Pittsburg, NH. I plan on spending alot of time at the beach this year. It's only a 1/2 hour away. That's it.