PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of the Collies...

Spiritwind
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I just took some new pictures of a couple of my Collies, so just thought Id' share them with everyone...

The first couple are of Amy. She just got home from a dog show early early this morning so I wanted to try to get some pictures of her all show groomed! LOL

http://i30.tinypic.com/2lly48z.jpg
Amy

http://i30.tinypic.com/2agqovc.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/mtxajb.jpg
Kinda blurry but I liked this picture of her!...

Next picture is of Aiden (Amy's litter brother) who is VERY VERY out of coat, but I thought these were cute pictures so here they are...

http://i30.tinypic.com/2eeerfo.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/1zjji1.jpg

And last is a picture of Andy (also a littermate to Amy and Aiden) picture taken a couple weeks ago shortly before he made the long trip to his new show home in Finland!!

http://i32.tinypic.com/2i0g7dg.jpg

cassiesmom
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi, Spiritwind Sweeties! Andy, much happiness in Finland!

cali
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
so cute! whereabouts in Finland did Andy go? just curious cuz my grandparents live in Finland and may be getting a Collie(a Smooth, from what appears to be a good kennel and with exellent pedigree) they are 99% sure they are gonna take her but wanted my moms opinion on the pup and kennel first :p

Spiritwind
05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
so cute! whereabouts in Finland did Andy go? just curious cuz my grandparents live in Finland and may be getting a Collie(a Smooth, from what appears to be a good kennel and with exellent pedigree) they are 99% sure they are gonna take her but wanted my moms opinion on the pup and kennel first :p

Andy went to Perttula, Finland.... flew into Helsinki though. What kennel in Finland is your grandparents getting a smooth from? I know of a Collie breeder in Canada, who has sent some smooths to some breeders in Finland... I have another breeder in Norway (had rough collie of the year in '07 over there) who is VERY intereted in Amy.. but I just don't think I could let her go... she, IMO, is one of the nicest bitches I have ever bred... I just love the crazy thing!! She is my hyper crazy dog that NEVER stops!!! lol

I have a rough and smooth litter due 2nd week of June out of Kelsey (dam of Andy, Amy and Aiden) sired by my smooth blue champion male!!!

cali
05-19-2008, 06:19 PM
the kennel is called Bell Pepper

the sire is Intl Fin S N Dk Est Lv Ch Sandcastles Oliwer Hardy and the dam is Ecstacy Krasna Louka

here is the kennel:
http://www.elisanet.fi/bellpeppers/

the pup they might be getting is Lissu :p

Spiritwind
05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
It looks like a good kennel... appear to have some nice dogs. A couple of their males appear to be pretty decent quality dogs... its really hard for me to tell, as MOST of the European Collies (roughs and smooths) are SOOO different from the Collies in the US and Canada...

The people that got Andy, got him because they perfered the American type over the European type... Also I believe in most European countries they are not allowed to interbreed roughs and smooths together, they are considered two different breeds.. where as in the US and Canada they are interbred and considered 2 varieties of the same breed.

cali
05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
thats the first thing I noticed, the Collies hardly look anything like what I am used too! I like them though, I have never been much for Smooth Collies but I really like these guys :p

lute
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Good pics! Pretty pups! How'd you do at the show? We just got back from Jackson,TN. Came back with 2pts. Only 1 more needed to finish! Anyway, You should post pics more often! Your Collies are so pretty!

It's ok Aiden. It's that time of year again. Feel free to loose your fuzz...as long as you grow it back sooner than later!;)

Spiritwind
05-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Good pics! Pretty pups! How'd you do at the show? We just got back from Jackson,TN. Came back with 2pts. Only 1 more needed to finish! Anyway, You should post pics more often! Your Collies are so pretty!

It's ok Aiden. It's that time of year again. Feel free to loose your fuzz...as long as you grow it back sooner than later!;)

I didn't go to the show.. couldn't get away from here, but I sent Amy with some handler friends of mine.... Amy got a reserve on Sunday... didn't do anything on Saturday..

This was only the 2nd show she has been shown at, and she is getting better.. not the most showy dog in the world.. according to my friends who handled her this time, she is kind of starting to show alittle better... hopefully she'll come around, because she is a beautiful bitch. They did tell me though, on Sunday when she got reserve the judge told them he really liked her better than winners bitch, but she wasnt showing and asking for it like winners bitch was..... so hopefully she'll come around... her sire wasn't the showiest dog in the world either, but he finished really quickly!!

Thanks though! I'm sure soon as the puppies are born I'll be posting pics of them on a regular basis! This is a LONG awaited litter!!....

Here is a picture of the mother of my upcoming litter:

Kelsey - Spiritwind Ain't No Angel - pictured at 18 months old. She is going on 4yrs old.

http://i27.tinypic.com/xc6gdt.jpg

Just and extra FYI... Robilee's boy Zack (CH HawkEire Flyin Without Wings) is Kelsey's sire... and obviously the grandsire of Amy and her brothers..

lute
05-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I didn't go to the show.. couldn't get away from here, but I sent Amy with some handler friends of mine.... Amy got a reserve on Sunday... didn't do anything on Saturday..

This was only the 2nd show she has been shown at, and she is getting better.. not the most showy dog in the world.. according to my friends who handled her this time, she is kind of starting to show alittle better... hopefully she'll come around, because she is a beautiful bitch. They did tell me though, on Sunday when she got reserve the judge told them he really liked her better than winners bitch, but she wasnt showing and asking for it like winners bitch was..... so hopefully she'll come around... her sire wasn't the showiest dog in the world either, but he finished really quickly!!

Thanks though! I'm sure soon as the puppies are born I'll be posting pics of them on a regular basis! This is a LONG awaited litter!!....

Here is a picture of the mother of my upcoming litter:

Kelsey - Spiritwind Ain't No Angel - pictured at 18 months old. She is going on 4yrs old.

http://i27.tinypic.com/xc6gdt.jpg

Just and extra FYI... Robilee's boy Zack (CH HawkEire Flyin Without Wings) is Kelsey's sire... and obviously the grandsire of Amy and her brothers..

Kelsey is gorgeous! Very cute face! I've got a client's dog right now I'm having trouble getting ears on. Trying everything I can from hot dogs, cheese, venison treats and old grilled chicken. Nothin sparks this guys interest yet. To make your gal show a little better, while training her act like this is the most fun time you've ever had. The bitch I'm training now came out of her shell real quick when I did this for a few days.

I can't wait to see this up comming litter!

Do you show in the midwest at all? IN, IL, TN, KY? I normally stick in these states. I'd love to meet you and your dogs some time.

shais_mom
05-19-2008, 08:42 PM
great pix! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
OMG your dogs are stunning!!!:eek:

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
They're beautiful!

Spiritwind
05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Kelsey is gorgeous! Very cute face! I've got a client's dog right now I'm having trouble getting ears on. Trying everything I can from hot dogs, cheese, venison treats and old grilled chicken. Nothin sparks this guys interest yet. To make your gal show a little better, while training her act like this is the most fun time you've ever had. The bitch I'm training now came out of her shell real quick when I did this for a few days.

I can't wait to see this up comming litter!

Do you show in the midwest at all? IN, IL, TN, KY? I normally stick in these states. I'd love to meet you and your dogs some time.

Thanks! Kelsey is my baby! She (and her litter sister Paris) share the bed with me every night!! Dont know if you have ever seen a picture of Paris?? Just in case...lol here is Paris.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2wdo6kg.jpg
CH Spiritwind Barely An Angel

As far as Amy showing better.... the problem is, I can get her to show really well for me at home... so I'm just gonna have to take her out more places to get her used to "showing" somewhere else - I live out in the middle of no where and in the almost 2 1/2 yrs I've lived here have not been able to find any conformation classes in the general area.... but I think she will also be starting to go to shows with the handlers I know, a bit more often, just to hang out - not show - and get used to the dog show environment... just let her hang out in the expen at the shows and get used to everything.... she isn't nervous at shows, she just isn't in to it.... they said they were playing with her at the show, and tossing some bait to her which started to get her more interested in showing, and she started to pull her ears up on occassion... so just have to keep working on it.

Currently I don't get to go to shows all that often, unless they are within 3 or so hrs from here so that I can drive up and back.. as I don't have anyone else to help take care of dogs while I'm gone.... so the last couple years I've had to send my dogs out with handlers most of the time... but TN and KY I've shown at on occassion, while down here. I used to live in Ohio before I moved down here.. and I used to go to shows much more often to show my dogs myself... then I would show in OH, IN, KY, MI, PA.... TN and Ill... every once in a while...

What all breeds do you show???

lute
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks! Kelsey is my baby! She (and her litter sister Paris) share the bed with me every night!! Dont know if you have ever seen a picture of Paris?? Just in case...lol here is Paris.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2wdo6kg.jpg
CH Spiritwind Barely An Angel

As far as Amy showing better.... the problem is, I can get her to show really well for me at home... so I'm just gonna have to take her out more places to get her used to "showing" somewhere else - I live out in the middle of no where and in the almost 2 1/2 yrs I've lived here have not been able to find any conformation classes in the general area.... but I think she will also be starting to go to shows with the handlers I know, a bit more often, just to hang out - not show - and get used to the dog show environment... just let her hang out in the expen at the shows and get used to everything.... she isn't nervous at shows, she just isn't in to it.... they said they were playing with her at the show, and tossing some bait to her which started to get her more interested in showing, and she started to pull her ears up on occassion... so just have to keep working on it.

Currently I don't get to go to shows all that often, unless they are within 3 or so hrs from here so that I can drive up and back.. as I don't have anyone else to help take care of dogs while I'm gone.... so the last couple years I've had to send my dogs out with handlers most of the time... but TN and KY I've shown at on occassion, while down here. I used to live in Ohio before I moved down here.. and I used to go to shows much more often to show my dogs myself... then I would show in OH, IN, KY, MI, PA.... TN and Ill... every once in a while...

What all breeds do you show???

Paris is stunning!!! I understand about not having handling classes close by. We don't have any either. I take the dogs to Rural King, pet stores, and Lowes a lot. Gets them use to showing other places. I'm sure that will work with your gal.

I'm currently showing Australian Shepherds. The client dog is an Aussie as well. I've shown other breeds as well.

Spiritwind
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Paris is stunning!!! I understand about not having handling classes close by. We don't have any either. I take the dogs to Rural King, pet stores, and Lowes a lot. Gets them use to showing other places. I'm sure that will work with your gal.

I'm currently showing Australian Shepherds. The client dog is an Aussie as well. I've shown other breeds as well.

Thanks! I may be bred Paris later this year as well... she is almost 4 and never had a litter yet as I wanted to get her finished before she was bred... There is a CH rough tri male in NJ I'm hoping to breed her to, if I can get her up there....

Oh yeah.. I've been taking Amy in town with me... to petsmart types or just to take a ride in the car. I am actually currently doing Flyball classes with Paris, and I take Amy to them just to hang out on occassion... this place is about 35 minutes from my house... they have flyball, agility and obedience... no conf. classes... but its a good place to take the dogs to... years ago I did Agility with my first Collie, he loved it and was awesome!.... have thought about doing agility again...

Oh ok.. yeah, I knew you showed the Aussies, but didn't know if you showed any other breeds... I've had Collies for about 13 1/2 yrs now I think.. been showing them pretty much the whole time... in Conformation probalby the last 9yrs or so... but I've also done herding, obedience, agility... and now flyball.... the male that Kelsey was bred to (CH Apple Valley Shades of Blue, CGC) is a smooth blue merle...he is 7yrs old now, and lives with my mom in Ohio.. but when he was younger and I lived in Ohio, I did some herding with him, he was an AWESOME herding dog!! He loved it and was so good at it... and it came 100% natural to him... the first time he set foot in the field with the sheep it clicked and he was off... he was the most intense Collie herding I'd ever seen....

lute
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh ok.. yeah, I knew you showed the Aussies, but didn't know if you showed any other breeds...

I primarily show Aussies right now, but I started out with Siberian Huskies 5 yrs ago. I've shown a lot of breeds though. From pugs to gordon setters. I pretty much show whatever is handed to me.

RobiLee
05-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Ohh, I'm so glad I didnt miss this thread! Look at those pretty collie babies. You know I love them! I wish I could have brought them all home with me ;). Paris is a beauty and looks so much like her daddy ;). I hope Kelsey is doing well and I can't wait to see pictures of Zack's Grandpups!

Give all the Collies great big hugs from me!

P.S...If I knew anything about showing and had the money to do it I would be snatching Aiden from you in a heartbeat. He is so handsome!

Elf Shadow
05-23-2008, 02:36 AM
your dogs always look like they're smiling!