PDA

View Full Version : Groucho misses Soncat

momcat
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
This weekend Soncat left for a trip of a lifetime! He'll be spending the next 14 days in Vienna, Budapest, Prague and Venice with the International Scholar Laureate Program. Since he left Saturday afternoon Groucho has been looking and waiting for him. Groucho has been sitting staring at the door, then sits in the window facing the sidewalk. He goes through every room meowing several times a day. Except for these searches, Groucho has not come out of Soncat's room. I've been making sure that Groucho gets lots of extra love and attention while Soncat is gone. Is there anything else you can think of that I can do for Groucho until his buddy returns home?

Laura's Babies
05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Awwww! It is so sad when they miss their buddies, they are so pitiful.. I can't give you any advice other than to do what you are already doing and that is to pay him some extra attention and try playing with him to occupy his time.

Catty1
05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Do you have any shirts or blankets - anything that might have Soncat's scent on them? Groucho might find that very comforting. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Aw my dear Groucho!!!

My meowmie says you are a bit sad because you miss your buddy.
I don't like to see you so sad, so I am sending you tons of cat-hugs, nose kissies, and much more! It is my duty now to make you happy, and I will do that!! I love you dearest Groucho!!!

your girl Inka

catmandu
05-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Its The Same Here When A Found Cat Passes On As You Cannot Tell Thier Friends Why You Are Coming Home With An Empty Carrier When You Put It Down And They Expect Thier Fried To Come Out And For Things To Be The Same.
However Wait Until Soncat Comes Home And That Will Be A Great Reunion!!!
The Tip About Something With Soncats Scents A Good One, As Thats What They Did For The Found Cats When I Had To Spend Time In A Hospital.

cassiesmom
05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Awww, Groucho... Soncat will be home soon. You must miss him very much!

Bengalz
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Dear Groucho,

I know how confusing it is when your cuddle buddy (ies) are missing. Things aren't the same:( When mommy or daddy is away I always pace around the house and call for whoever is missing and it's very stressful, not to mention tiring.

When my daddy's away I check his chair several times a day to make sure he didn't sneak back home without telling me;) mommy says I have the most forlorn look on my face when I discover he still not there.

When mommy's away, she calls everyday and daddy lets me "talk" to her on the telephone - he says pretty soon I'll need my own cellphone:rolleyes:

What to do? Take lots of naps and have sweet dreams about cuddling with Soncat and make sure his favourite t-shirt doesn't get thrown in the wash;) Also, remember that sad looks get lots of cuddles and treats too;)

Take it easy - he'll be home soon.

My best, Eve

Medusa
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
My Puddy liked to rub up against a shirt so maybe you can find a shirt or another article of clothing w/Soncat's scent on it, as Candace suggested.

momcat
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
What to do? Take lots of naps and have sweet dreams about cuddling with Soncat and make sure his favourite t-shirt doesn't get thrown in the wash;) Also, remember that sad looks get lots of cuddles and treats too;)Take it easy - he'll be home soon.
My best, Eve

Thank you Eve, That's very good advice you shared with me. It's just not the same when a member of your furever family has to go away. Soncat loves me a lot and he even took one of my pictures with him on his trip. Being nominated for this Program is a great honor for him. Even though I miss him, I'm very proud of my Soncat!

momcat
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Aw my dear Groucho!!!
My meowmie says you are a bit sad because you miss your buddy.
I don't like to see you so sad, so I am sending you tons of cat-hugs, nose kissies, and much more! It is my duty now to make you happy, and I will do that!! I love you dearest Groucho!!!
your girl Inka

Hello my lovely Inka, Thank you very much, I knew I could count on you! And yes, you always make me happy. Soncat and I do lots of neat things together, we do boxing (I always win), he lets me study with him and we watch sports games together. Only about 1% of college students nationwide are nominated for this program and even though I miss him I'm very proud of him!

Purrs, headbumpies, kitty hugs and kitty kisses right back at you :love:
Love,
Your devoted Groucho

cassiesmom
05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Groucho, each day Soncat is gone is one more day until he returns to you! Here is some petting from me *pet *pet *pet *pet *pet to tide you over. Hang in there, sweet kitty. Could you please instruct Momcat to give Soncat some congratulations for me when he returns from this program. What an honor for him.!

nancys
05-21-2008, 03:18 PM
The poor baby - give him extra hugs from me.

momcat
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi PT friends! Thank you for the suggestions for helping Groucho. Soncat will be home next weekend and I can't wait to see this reunion. Since Soncat left, Groucho has spent a lot of time in his room curled up on Soncat's pillow. I've also put one of Soncat's shirts on Groucho's favorite spot on the sofa.

Cassiesmom and Nancys: Groucho thanks you for your huggies and lovies. He sends you purrs and headbumpies in return. :love:

kb2yjx
05-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Groucho will be thrilled to see HIS person upon his return!!! HANG IN THERE GROUCHO!!!

Killearn Kitties
05-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Halfway there, Groucho, you are doing well sweetheart. Just think of all the great stories that Soncat will have to share with you when he comes back from his trip! It sounds absolutely wonderful!

cassiesmom
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Dear Groucho,

It's Wednesday afternoon and I am thinking of you and Soncat! When is he coming home? This weekend, correct? Just a few more days and you will be together again. I bet you will be happy to see one another.

Big hug to you from me,
Elyse

momcat
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Soncat is on the last leg of his "Fantastic Voyage" and will be home Saturday. I can't wait to see the greeting he'll get from hs buddy Groucho. Soncat had the opportunity to visit some extraordinary places and have some extraordinary experiences. I can't begin to imagine the stories he'll have!

cassiesmom
06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Dear Groucho,

Is your special Soncat home? You must have missed one another so much! I hope you purred and maybe gave him head-bumpies. And I'm willing to bet he gave you a big HUG! Please ask him to give you one from me.

So happy you are reunited with your beloved person,
Elyse

momcat
06-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Ms. Cassiesmom,
My Soncat got in late Friday night and I was so happy to see him! He had a nice time on his trip and saw some nice places. He gave me lots and lots of lovies, it felt so good to snuggle with him again. :love: :love: Soncat, Meowmie and I were up until 4:00 in the morning just talking about the places he saw, the things he did and his nice new friends. We missed each other a lot. He loved Vienna, Prague and Budapest but he said Venice was his favorite plus Venice had the best food. Soncat is still a little disoriented between the time difference (they were 6 hours ahead of us) and the jet lag so I go in his room and purr him to sleep at night. I'm so happy that my family is back together again!

Thank you very much for thinking of me and sending me extra lovies while Soncat was away. That was so nice of you and meant a lot to me. PT purrents are the best!!!!! I'm sending you lots of purrs and kitty hugs to say thanks. Would you tell Cassie I'm sending her some purrs and headbumpies please?

Your friend,
Groucho