PDA

View Full Version : Eve's Second Gotcha Day!

Bengalz
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Mommy reminded me it is my second gotcha day. Well you know it seems like I've been here furrever. It's pretty good actually because my mommy and daddy love me very much and take good care of me. It took a while but I finally found "home":D

Hi Everyone,

After reflecting over the past 2 years, I just wanted to celebrate Eve's second gotcha day. She is such a precious little girl and I can't imagine life without her. She came to us by choice, a very lonely and scared little waif of a girl - we thought was just a kitten, she was so tiny:( Her ears were bitten and she craved attention. She was so tired of wandering the streets, every time I picked her up she would collapse in my lap and sleep, sleep, sleep:(

It was a tough month before she was officially "home" - but I look at that as a test to see if this was truly meant to be - and it was:) She has come a long way - from an pregnant, orphaned street kitten to a runaway to our little princess:love: There was a time when all she knew was to run outdoors and fend for herself but now she knows we are here to protect her and keep her healthy and away from harm. She thanks us every day with her presence and her constant affection.

Her first adoptive mommy is very happy that Eve has found her way, visits occasionally and always asks about her. It is nice to know that all is good.

This year has been a mix of good and a little scary. Good because Eve is so much more confident and comfortable with her home; she no longer feels a need to wander and much prefers the company of her humans. She has travelled with us, she has purrfected the leash walk, and stays within the boundaries of our property when outside:) She doesn't hunt anymore but instead plays with the birds and the squirrels and chipmunks. She doesn't even eat bugs; just shows her daddy where they are so he can kill them and give her a treat:D She has gained weight and looks wonderful. Eve is such a social cat and loves to entertain our friends - something she was too frightened to do in her earlier life.

Scary because she had some health problems earlier this year but I think we're through all that now and overall, have learned she is a healthy girl:) We have a great vet who adores our princess and has her best interests at heart - he looks after her well.

We are so blessed and happy to have Eve - she has blossomed into a wonderful little catpurrson with an incredible purrsonality that delights everyone who meets her:love:

Attached are a couple of photos - the first taken in 2006 and the second taken in 2008. The difference is really in her eyes even though she is a little more "plush";)

Welcome home baby girl - I'm sorry it took so long to find you.

Freedom
05-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Dear Eve --

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/gotchajpg.png

You found yourself a wonderful home, and you know it by the way you have settled in and gained trust in your humans. Way to go!

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
What a lucky, lucky girl you are, precious Eve! I am so pleased for you that you have found your perfect home, where you are happy and they love you.

I am terribly impressed that you have trained daddy to do your hunting for you, and then give you treats. :D Life is good.

BC_MoM
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Happy gotcha day you beautiful girl!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2008, 11:41 AM
HAPPY 2nd GOTCHA DAY BEAUTIFUL EVE!!! I'm so glad that you've finally found the purrfect home where you're very loved and well cared for.:)

Barbara
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Dearest Eve,:love::love::love:
my mom is away in London and does not have any pictures there to send to you which I think is bad timing.
If only I could make life even better for you- so that you forget all bad experiences you ever had- but it seems you are there already :)
I will nevertheless try to smuggle myself in my purrents bags when they travel to Canada:)
Love

Tigris

Laura's Babies
05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY EVE!

You are a lucky girl and also very pretty! May you always be as happy and healthy as you are right now.. Sometimes it is rough trying to make your way to where you are suppose to be but sounds like you found it and are loved very much! What more could you want for your GOTCHA DAY.... maybe a few treats?

Bengalz
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks so much. It sure is nice to have wonderful friends like you:)

:love: Eve

Bengalz
05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Dearest Eve,:love::love::love:
my mom is away in London and does not have any pictures there to send to you which I think is bad timing.
If only I could make life even better for you- so that you forget all bad experiences you ever had- but it seems you are there already :)
I will nevertheless try to smuggle myself in my purrents bags when they travel to Canada:)
Love

Tigris

Dear Tigris,

You have already made my life as best as it can be with all your cuddles and hugs that you send thru the miles:D

I think it's a really good idea for you to find a cozy spot in your Mom's suitcase and when you get here, just tell her my mommy will be happy to keep an eye on you while they travel;) Course I will be a BIG help;)

Can't wait!!
:love: Eve

Catty1
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Beautiful Eve - your green eyes are gorgeous in both the pictures...but in the second one, they look a little warmer. Happy second gotcha day, and may you be happy and healthy for many many years! :love:

catmandu
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY IN ANY PETS LIFE, THE DAY THAT THEY FIND THIER FURREVER HOME, THIER NIRVANA THIER PLACE IN THE SUN.
EVES SUCH A GORGEOUS TABBY LADY, AND THE FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS HOPE THAY THERE ARE PLENTY OF TREATS AND TOYS FOR HER ON HER VERY SPECIAL DAY TODAY!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012129.jpg
THREE CHEERS FOR ELEGANT EVE ON HER SPECIAL DAY!!!

momcat
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Eve!!! What a special day for you, two years with your loving and caring furever family. Wishing you all kinds of wonderful things today...lots of your favorite treats and more love than you ever imagined. Please ask your Meowmie to give you plenty of Happy Gotcha Day scritchies and lovies from me?

cassiesmom
05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Dear beautiful Eve, congratulations on your Got'cha Day!