PDA

View Full Version : My girls are back from Petsmart.

jenluckenbach
05-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Cameo and frazzle came home from the adoption center today. Cameo is happy to be home (Frazzl is growling......as usual :rolleyes: )

Boris and Natasha went in their place. I am certain they will find a great home right away!

But does no one see the beauty in these tuxie girls??

Here are 2 closeups of Cameo and a shot of Cameo getting re-acquainted with Simba and DaVinci. (Frazzle requested no photos, today :rolleyes: )

jennielynn1970
05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
So many people want purebreds and specialty cats.... I think that's half the battle these days. Trying to get homes for a regular housecat, be it a tabby, or a tuxie, or a pure black kitty.

I, myself, love the regular kitties, and am a big fan of tuxies. :) It's unfortunate that not everyone can appreciate them for who they are, and not just want a pedigree.

I do have a possible adopter for Zach and Calloway together, so it will be interesting to see how that may work out! They are two typical housecats, no pedigree... I just hope the adopter checks out and things will go smoothly.

Emeraldgreen
05-18-2008, 08:03 PM
I think Cameo is very handsome! I love tuxies and have one named Stinky. I really hope that he finds a wonderful home soon. Are you able to post is picture on the internet somehow (like on Petfinder)? Are rescue orgs like One by One allowed to post on there as well?
I'll be praying for him and for Frazzle. Cameo looks so sad in the first picture.:(
p.s. What is Cameo's story? (how old is he, where did he come from)

Freedom
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Just LOOK at those whiskers on cameo!

Is she the one who wasn't eating when first arrived at PetsMart?

I think she is happy to be back in her foster home.

Come on, Frazzl, let us see your furry puss!

jenluckenbach
05-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Cameo has been with me since last spring. She was a young mom. Her former people had too many UNneutered animals. So they relinquished them and I took Cameo and her 2 baby girls. the girls were adopted together as soon as they were old enough and Cameo has been with me since. She is only about 2 years old.

One by One has a petfinder site, and the cats are all posted there.

Frazzle, who looks very much like Cameo, is just a few years older. She came from another county shelter when her time was becoming scarce. She is a nice cat but she makes it difficult for me to bring in new fosters because she really does not like other cats. She tolerates the ones she lives with, begrudgingly, but torments new ones so badly I end up needing to seperate them. :( That is why she truly NEEDS a home of her own. 1) so she can be stable and happier and 2) so I can get back to taking more cats in.

PS....yes, Cameo was the one who wasn't eating. She DID start eating when they allowed frazzle to be in the cage with her. The two girls are not best buddies, but I guess it was comforting to see a familiar face.

Emeraldgreen
05-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Cameo has been with me since last spring. She was a young mom.

PS....yes, Cameo was the one who wasn't eating. She DID start eating when they allowed frazzle to be in the cage with her. The two girls are not best buddies, but I guess it was comforting to see a familiar face.

Oops! I'm sorry, I thought Cameo was a male, of coures the name is very feminine, I don't know what I was thinking! Cameo is very beautiful. I'd love to see a pic of Frazzle when you are able to take one.

Even though Frazzle doesn't much like other cats, I'm so glad they had each other at Petsmart and were able to see each other on occasion to calm each other. I'm sure they are both relieved to be back in familiar surroundings now that they are back at your place though it would be the very best if they could each find their forever homes. Thanks for taking care of them until that happens for them.

Laura's Babies
05-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Jen, it is not that there is anything wrong with them.. It is probably a lot of people who stop to see them, they are cat lovers and already have their limit.. Rie and I can not go into PetSmart without going to see the cats and we would LOVE to bring them all home and get them out of there... We are just at our limit already! Some of them are so starved for attebntion that you would give anything to bring them home... you just can't... :(

Medusa
05-19-2008, 06:58 AM
I have yet to see a cat that I didn't think was beautiful. When I go into Pet Supplies Plus, I purposely avoid the cats for adoption because I know I'll fall in love and it just isn't in the budget to take in any more cats. So that could be why they aren't being adopted. :(

Freedom
05-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Ditto here, with 10 cats, 4 dogs and Dad failing, I am definitely at my limit.

Their time will come for the perfect home for them.

Vermontcat
05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Jen, I just adore tuxedo cats and I think you have some beautiful ones in your house right now.:D
Right now I have my sweet Samantha, but who knows, someday in the future I may just come by your house shopping for tuxedo cats.;)
You have to admit, DaVinci and Cameo do look cute together don't they.:)
Please give hugs, kisses and scritchies to Cameo, Frazzle and DaVinci too.
I hope DaVinci is feeling better now and eating again.
I hope Cameo and Frazzle have settled in at home again and are happier now.

catmandu
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
THE BGGEST PROBLEM IS TAHT MOST PEOPLE SEEM TO WANT KITTENS, TEY CANNOT SEE THE DAVANTAGES OF A MORE MATURE CAT AT ALL.
I THINK THAT THEY AHVE THE OPINON THAT AN OLDER CAT WILL JUST LIE ABOUT AND EAT AND SLEEP WHILE A KITTEN WILL PALY ALL DAY.
THOSE ARE SUCH GORGEOUS CAT AND IF I COULD I WOULD TAKE THEM IN. BUT I PROMISED ANIMAL CONTROL THAT I WOULDNT ALTHOUGH THE TUBSTER PANTHER SORT OF SNUCK IN UNDER THE WIRE.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012398.jpg
THANKFULLY EBONY TUBSTER HAS A HOME, HES JUST LOOKING FOR MORE GOOD FOOD AND TO VISIT HIS PAL SCRAPPITO THE PORCH CAT.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FOSTERS, JEN.

catfamily
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
can you keep them and let frazzle just get use to new cats coming and going?

i have a cat here that i accually just adopted..named TURTLE :rolleyes: of course i switched her name to MYRTLE..:)

but long story short...i was told she gets along w/other cats.
She hates other cats.GREAT!

but...i find that as time goes by...she kind of goes off to her own little area(lots of different areas)and she seems pretty happy.
she swipes and growls(accually clucks at my cats like when they look at birds out the window).
i keep thinking she wants to eat my cats because of her clucking sounds.
but all in all...Mike talked me into keeping her...and so far no injurys and noone seems scared of her...they just know to not go to near her.

i'm not happy about the whole thing but...everyone seems happy.including mike.
she sleeps on his chest...:rolleyes: