PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr!!

davidpizzica
05-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Right now I should've been in Detroit. I had a two-day trip planned with my bowling league to go and have fun at Greektown. So a month ago I asked my boss if I could have the 18th and 19th of may off. He said I couldn't go because I had no vacation days left and there was a tournament on the 18th. Then he said "That sucks, doesn't it?" as if he didn't care how disappointed I was. This was only the first time in two years that I asked for two days of to take a trip and he acted like I asked to take off every day. End of rant.

moosmom
05-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Your boss sounds like a real jerk. 2 days???? It's not like your asking for a month off. And it's also not like your attendance record stinks. Bosses can be real a-holes. He sounds like the Emperor of A-holes.

Sorry you missed your trip honey.

davidpizzica
05-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Your boss sounds like a real jerk. 2 days???? It's not like your asking for a month off. And it's also not like your attendance record stinks. Bosses can be real a-holes. He sounds like the Emperor of A-holes.

Sorry you missed your trip honey.

Thank you, sweetheart. He is an A-hole and a lazy one at that. I called in today because my store bought left knee was aching due to him having me doing a lot of walking jobs. At least I'm getting a little rest out of this! I did have a great time at the Spaghetti Warehouse. I pigged out and had a BIG plate of their special 15 layer lasagna! They had a little comedy skit/murder mystery about "who killed Lucy!" with actors playing Fred, Ethel ,Lucy and Orson Welles! It was very funny!

jennielynn1970
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
He wouldn't even let you take them w/out pay? Wow. I would have just said "By the way, I have had the planned for a long time now, and I know I have no sick days left, but I'm taking the days off w/out pay." (and maybe tack on, "Remember I emailed you about this months ago?") I definitely would have emailed him back when you planned it to let him know of your plans then. Was there any other superior above him that you could have talked to??

Sparklecoon
05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
I could pop into D-town after work and send you some baklava if it'd make you feel better.

That sucks your boss did that. Just remember "Karmas a..." well you know the rest.

shepgirl
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Almost forces you to keep plans to yourself from now on and call in sick the day you leave. I probably would have just said you neede the break and taking these days without pay to destress before you couldn't do your job right anymore.

JenBKR
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Aw, sucks that you had to miss your trip!

Thank you, sweetheart. He is an A-hole and a lazy one at that. I called in today because my store bought left knee was aching due to him having me doing a lot of walking jobs. At least I'm getting a little rest out of this! I did have a great time at the Spaghetti Warehouse. I pigged out and had a BIG plate of their special 15 layer lasagna! They had a little comedy skit/murder mystery about "who killed Lucy!" with actors playing Fred, Ethel ,Lucy and Orson Welles! It was very funny!

The Spaghetti Warehouse in Delmont? I have been wanting to go to one of their mystery dinners but haven't made it there yet. Sounds like a good time.....I haven't been there for a while but I like it!

davidpizzica
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Aw, sucks that you had to miss your trip!

The Spaghetti Warehouse in Delmont? I have been wanting to go to one of their mystery dinners but haven't made it there yet. Sounds like a good time.....I haven't been there for a while but I like it!

I didn't know there was one in Delmont also. We had our banquet at the Spaghetti Warehouse in the Strip District on Smallman street.

JenBKR
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I didn't know there was one in Delmont also. We had our banquet at the Spaghetti Warehouse in the Strip District on Smallman street.

And I didn't know there was one in the Strip. I've only been to the one in Delmont (right on 22). I've been to the Strip quite a few times, just never noticed it.....just goes to show how observant I am :o

davidpizzica
05-19-2008, 02:14 PM
And I didn't know there was one in the Strip. I've only been to the one in Delmont (right on 22). I've been to the Strip quite a few times, just never noticed it.....just goes to show how observant I am :o

Well Jen, now we each know there's two Spaghetti Warehouses! The one in the Strip is at the corner of 26th and Smallman streets. It's kind of off the beaten path! I just had drive through beautiful downtown Lawrenceville toget there!