PDA

View Full Version : Doonesbury May 18 - what's in that bottle/can?

Catty1
05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.uclick.com/feature/08/05/18/db080518.gif

phesina
05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh, that's funny! (And so true about the bottled water.) Thanks, Candace.

Karen
05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey, if my water bill didn't come complete with a pamphlet about lead in my drinking water, I'd not bother with the bottled stuff. But when you live in an old house in an old neighborhood, on an old street in an old city ... lead happens. I doesn't matter how pure it is when it leaves the source if it travels through lead-sealed pipes en route to your drinking glass!

Lady's Human
05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Bottled water's advantage (or lack thereof) depends on the facility the water is being bottled at.

Yup, Dasani and Aquafina are tap water.......that have been put through a Reverse osmosis system to remove any chemical impurities, ozonated to kill any critters in the water, then bottled. Saying that it is nothing more than tap water is shading the truth, at best.

Spring water? It all depends on the source and the standards that the plant uses. The plant I worked for had a certified source, and the water was filtered then ozonated prior to bottling, and bottled on a highly controlled line.

Would I trade the well water at my house for either? No, but when we were living in Massachusetts and using a municipal supply, there was a water cooler in the house.