PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Greed!!!

moosmom
08-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Talk about greed! A NYC landlord is suing the estate of a 9/11 victim for $27,000!. That's sinking to a new low. And shame on the lawyer who's representing her.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/08/27/national/main519931.shtml

Aspen and Misty
08-27-2002, 07:37 PM
How Horrible! That man should be suied aftwer his daughter dies! That is just so horrible! What is wrong with people today!?!?!? O they make me so mad! And if a Lawer is helping the man sue he has no heart!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-28-2002, 06:34 AM
"I think it's outrageous from a legal standpoint, and it's even worse from a moral and humane standpoint," Lester said. "It's shocking that she would have no regard for the survivors of the people that perished in the worst attack on American soil."

Sadly, in today world, people seem to think they can sue eachother left and right for anything. We have run out of compassion and understanding. Don't get me wrong, I do think that certain matter are worth of trying to sue someone. I think the fact that the tenant was killed in 9/11 should be irrrelevant. The landlord is a selfish piece of trash who will prey on the misfortunes of others. Just makes me sick :mad:

moosmom
08-28-2002, 11:11 AM
Souraya,

Makes me sick too! It's too easy to sue for anything these days. I think the laws should be changed. I'm sure then the courts won't be so bogged down by bogus cases such as this. And SHAME, SHAME, SHAME :mad: :mad: on the lawyer who is representing him. Greedy, scum sucking pig!! (Apologies to pigs and all the hard working, HONEST attorneys).

Former User
08-28-2002, 11:18 AM
"The New York Daily News reported that one of the complaints against the dead woman was that she failed to give three-months notice that she was leaving."

Oh my godness... can someone really be THIS stupid? How could this woman have known that those planes were about to hit the towers? Of course she failed to give a notice. I am just so stunned by the stupidity of this woman who's suing a dead woman, that I can't comment more. Except that I feel sorry for the relatives of the dead woman, as if they need this anymore

gini
08-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Incredible story! And people wonder why we love our pets so much! They are much better friends than many humans.

lovemymaltese
08-28-2002, 11:45 AM
People never seem to stop disgusting me. Like will turn around and bite them in the butt. People are sue happy these days.

mugsy
08-28-2002, 01:51 PM
Just another example of why I hate humans sometimes.

That woman deserves to be blackballed for being so stupid as to insist that the family pay her for back rent. My question is...if the woman is dead, how can she give 3 months notice that she is leaving. What an idiotic moron she is. I hope to God that people inundate her with mail giving her their opinion.

She deserves whatever nastiness that she gets.

wolflady
08-28-2002, 04:29 PM
I agree! :mad: It's really rediculous that people sue for anything and everything these days. It is extremely sad that the world has come down to this. What makes it worse, is the people who win these rediculous cases!! :mad: Example: the coffee is too hot (duh...isn't it supposed to be?), and smoking caused cancer (hello!!!!)...and people like this WIN!! :mad:
This is probably the worst example of humankind right here though, trying to take advantage of people who have suffered so much after losing a family member. Sorry, like she(the tennant) could give 3 months notice!! I sure hope this argument doesn't hold up in court! :mad:
I hope this greedy poor excuse for a human being gets a lot of nastiness, because that's what she deserves for such tasteless greed...:(

moosmom
08-28-2002, 07:02 PM
I hope the judge that hears this case throws it out of court. That woman is just too stupid to live!! :mad:

kohala
08-28-2002, 09:09 PM
So Denise has moved into the apartment - is she keeping and using the deceased's property? Since she seems to love the "letter of the law" over "the intent of the law" as so many do, maybe the family of the decedant has a countersuit?!? Let's face it, sometimes it takes counter-stupidity to give these creeps reality checks!!!

Karen
08-29-2002, 09:02 AM
I think this is just an example of the predatory tactics of some big-city landlords. We were discussing this just yesterday, and how unlikely people were to fight back. I hope this woman's family not only wins the case, I hope that NYC somehow financially punishes the landlords in a significant enough way to make an impact.

Do not despair about humanity, the good people living ordinary and good lives never make the news ... unless they get hit by a meteorite (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14289) ! :)