PDA

View Full Version : Cat food

nancys
05-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I usually feed my cat Purina Cat Chow, but sometimes switch to Purina Indoor Cat Formula. Last week though, I noticed Purina Kit & Kaboodle was a few dollars cheaper, so I bought it. I think it was a mistake - it doesn't seem like my kitty cats can digest it very well. I've had to clean up a few messes of undigested cat food. Has anyone else gave their cats Kit & Kaboodle and had the same problem? I think from now on I'm going to stick with their regular Purina cat food.

Medusa
05-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I've had my cats on Purina Cat Chow from day one and have never switched except to Purina Indoor Formula and that's when Creamsicle's itching and scabbing started. Someone on PT told me that the indoor formula has more dyes in it and that could possibly be the cause of her allergies. So I decided that I wasn't going to switch or play w/their food any more. If they like it, eat it and keep it down, why switch? They do get wet food occasionally but their staple has been Purina Cat Chow.

catmandu
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
I AM ON NUTRO COMPLETE CARE INDOOR DRY , AND OCCASIONALLY FANCY FEAST AND MEOW MIX TUBS AS TREATS.
AND IF I HAVE COUPONS THE IAMS HEALTHY CHOICE DRY ALONG WITH THE FOOD THAT OUR AUNT JANICE BRINGS, PURRED AND SOFT MINCED MEATS FOR THE OLDER CATS AND OUCHIE LITTLE MOUTHS.
THAT HELPS A LOT AS SHES AN EXCELLENT COOK, AND THE PORCH CATS ALSO GET THIER SHARE!!!
NOONE GOES HUNGRY HERE.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

snowshoe2
05-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Everything you need to know about feline nutrition...Feeding Your Cat (http://www.catinfo.org/)

This knowledge saved my cats life :)