PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* Everything is OK! Monte My Brother's Cat Fell from a Balcony PRAYS NEEDED

Anikaca77
05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I just got a call from my sister and she said that Shawn (my brother) couldn't find Monte at all last night and here he got locked outside the balcony.

My brother I guess (I don't have the whole story yet) couldn't find him this morning before leaving for work and then when he came home he still couldn't find Mr. Monte so he started to yell for Monte and finally he heard some meowing and he walked outside and saw Monte on the balcony below.

From what my sister said his paws or 2 paws are swollen and she was on her way to my brothers house about 30 minutes ago to take Monte and my brother to the local 24-hour emergency vets.

I'll probably post something in the morning if I don't hear anything before I get off of here.

Please pray that Monte will be alright, he's older now and overweight which won't help and who knows if anything internal was damaged.

Oh Poor Monte please big strong.

Melissa

kitten645
05-15-2008, 08:45 PM
OH no poor Monte! :eek:Here are kitty prayers he's alright. My RB kitty Jersey took a flying leap thru a screened THIRD FLOOR WINDOW! He scared the bejesus out of me but he was fine. I understand shorter falls are more dangerous as a longer drop gives them time to adjust to the impact of the fall.
I hope Monte is none the worst for his skydiving tricks! All fingers and paws crossed. :love:
Claudia, Calvin & Hobbes

jennielynn1970
05-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh gosh... I hope Monte is ok! Poor kitty!! That would be a hard fall for a cat to sustain (landing on concrete and not grass...).

Thoughts and prayers going out for Monte and your brother's family.

Medusa
05-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Prayers being said tonight for Monte's good health and no serious injuries. My goodness, what are these kitties up to lately? :)

slick
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Prayers on the way for Monte.

Goodness, he looks exactly like my RB Speckles.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Hoping Monte is doing better and not seriously hurt. Is there no end to them worrying their humans? Monte, get well and behave yourself pretty boy!

Catty1
05-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Get well prayers for handsome Monte!

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please update us as soon as you know anything.

orangemm
05-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Prayers for Monte going up right now. Please let us know how this dear kitty is doing................

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 05:10 AM
Poor puss - let us know how he is doing :love:

Anikaca77
05-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Thank you guys so much for the prays, we still need them for his healing.

My sister called last night and said that they took x-rays of Monte because he's lowering his back end and there was no sign of any fracture thanks GOD.

They did run several blood tests because he had a slight fever and they gave him some pain meds and that seemed to bring down his fever so now he's resting comfortably inside.

Thanks,
Melissa

jennielynn1970
05-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I hope that Monte will recuperate quickly! Hopefully resting this weekend will do the trick for the fever and such.

More prayers on the way!!

Moesha
05-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Glad to hear it wasn't more serious. Hope that he heals well and quickly.

Medusa
05-16-2008, 08:27 AM
We'll keep the prayers going for Monte's speedy recovery and healing. I'm sure he's going to get lots of lovin' which will definitely help. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 08:32 AM
That's good news. Be a bit more careful next time Monte

lvpets2002
05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
:( Oh My Dearest Monte.. So glad you will be ok.. Stay on the meds & just rest.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Bigg Whisker Kissess..

nancys
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Defintely sending prayers your way - hope Monte is OK

catmandu
05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
WE ARE PRAYING FOR MONTE TO BE ALL RIGHT NAD NOT HAVE ANY PERMANANT INJURIES FROM HIS FALL.
MY VET TOLD ME THAT A CAT IS HURT MORE BY A SHORT FALL THAN A LONG ONE, AS THEY CAN SPREAD THEMSELVES IN A LONG FALL AND INCREASE THIER WIND RESISTANCE NOT UNLIKE A FLYING SQUIRREL.
HES WAS CONCERNED AS MIQUELITO AND POUNCIERGE JUMP AND RUN SO MUCH.
AGAIN PRAYS FOR DEAR MONTE, AND THE PET ANGELS WILL VISIT HIM AND HELP COMFORT HIM DURING THE NIGHT.
:cool::love::cool:

moosmom
05-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey Monte,

Mollie Rose here. Listen, I fell outta my mom's living room window a while back and I gotta tell ya, that was one heck of a ride down!!! Scared my mama silly, causing her to run down 3 flights of stairs in her pajamas. I just sauntered back in the door with the old "I meant to do that" look on my face.

Hope everything is okay with you. I proved the old saying, "Cats always land on all fours" is NOT an old wive's tale.

Take care!!

MR

Randi
05-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, I do hope Monte will be OK! Sending lots of healing thoughts to him. :)

How far down was it?