PDA

View Full Version : Undocked Rotties...

Husky_mom
05-15-2008, 05:51 PM
just a few days ago I saw on a magazine but just forgot to post here (I remembered by seeing the undocked Aussie pup)

that... in someplace I think Germany too and several other countries of Europe they are now leaving Rotties with full tails... and even the conformation standard has now a "standard" (sorry to repeat that again) for the tail carriage... and they even have some pics of gorgeous Rotties..

I thin the magazine is either Todo Perros or Mascotas or something... anyway itīs a spanish (Spain) publication that we get here...

Freedom
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
That is nice! I wish they would change ALL the standards here, to no tail or ear docking.

lute
05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
The Rotties with tails are very pretty. Although I don't totally disagree with tail docking. I don't agree with the people that do it them selves and not at the vet. The people that decide they bought a Rottie mix that looks like a Rot so they do it with a rubber band. I help with tail docks at work all the time. The pups fuss for a minute and then they are fine. They don't loose a lot of blood.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 06:38 AM
I've seen a couple of Rotties with tails recently :D One full grown and one a pup - both looked great

pitc9
05-16-2008, 08:09 AM
I think there is nothing better than seeing a dog that would normaly have been docked or cropped in it's natural state.

Personally... I am VERY against mutilating a dogs body simply for appearance.
I hope one day cropping and docking will be banned here in the US.

I've cried many, many times at the site of a baby puppy that has it's ears taped (after just being cropped)

Catlady711
05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Tail docking in large breed dogs is not always simply a cosmetic decision. I've seen a fair number of large breed dogs with tails (in breeds that are traditionally docked) at our hospital with nasty tail injuries from knocking that huge heavy tail into objects, and a couple times small children have gotten injured with the tails as well.

I think that if a tail is going to be docked it should be decided in before the puppy is born and done by a qualified vet at 3 days old. I've seen what happens when breeders try to do it themselves when things go wrong, and it's also a much bigger surgery with far longer recovery time to have a tail docked when the dog is much older.

I simply do not understand ear docking at all, it seems to be completely cosmetic with no health benefits that I've ever seen, in fact I've seen plenty of complications from ear docking.

luvofallhorses
05-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Our Jenny is a rottweiler mix her mom was a purebred rottweiler and they didn't dock Jenny's or her siblings' tails. :) I love the natural look, God gave them tails and ears for a reason not for people to chop them off. :mad: same goes for cats claws! Kirsten's parents rottweiler Emma has a natural tail. :)