PDA

View Full Version : ZAZOU is missing again!!! she is BACK HOME !!!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-14-2008, 12:30 PM
I am ashamed to admit this, but Zaou is missing again. My hubby is mad because I let her out, but she was sooooo unhappy and was howling non-stop, begging me to let her go outside. I just couldn't hear it any longer, so after lunch yesterday, she went outside with her sisters; She was very excited!!!
2 hours later, she came back and was almost inside; then she noticed that my son Jo was standing behind the door, so she turned around and went back into the garden to play with the others. She is a bit scared for him, because he plays rather rough with her.

Since then, no sign from Zazou anymore again. Where did she go? Is she hiding in the same building? I wish I understood this. I put a note in that man's mailbox, telling him that Zazou is missing again, asking him to have a look for her.

A thunderstorm is coming closer now, it will start raining any minute now..
I hope she is safe, and able to hide...:eek:

My husband is mad, and says I don't care for her, that I am a bad mom for her. Did I let her out to soon? In my opinion she would have done this anyway again, it is her nature:(

I feel so helpless, I don't know what to do anymore...

Please, may I ask for your prayers again?

cassiesmom
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Zazou, sweety. Why are you wandering? PLease come home!

My silly sis Zazou ran off again, and I want to pamper my meowmie

Pawsitive Thinking
05-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Ignore whatever Bernard says! :mad: Does he have any practical ideas of how to deal with her when she is making all that racket because she wants out?

The cruellest thing would have been to keep her cooped up indoors when all the others went out. The fact that she did actually come back means that she hasn't run off.....she may well be wary of Jo and a little more jittery after last week's expedition so seeing him at the door may have spooked her.

The trouble here is that you have a clash of what you want and what Zazou wants - she wants to be outside and you want her to be where you can keep an eye on her. Both totally understandable but it will continue to be a power struggle......I did msn you about a catflap so she can come and go as she pleases - that might be a solution. At the end of the day Zazou is your baby but she is a cat, not an adolescent that you can try to reason with. If she is used to being outside you will have a battle on your hands trying to persuade her otherwise.

In the meantime you have tons of prayers and my total and utter belief that she will be trotting back through the garden at any moment :love:

MoonandBean
05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
If you have kept her inside since she was found, she may just be relishing the outdoors again and on a "romp" in the warm spring weather. But, checking out where she was previously is of course a must. Something might draw her there. My Bean goes outside and as much as I have anxiety everytime he's gone longer than I would like, I know he's just too much of an outdoors boy to make him change now. She loves her life and you let her live it but I know that anxiety...Prayers again until she is home again :)

BTW, how old is she? My cats have always tended to stick closer to home after age 6 or so.

orangemm
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Zazou, come home IMMEDIATELY! Your meowmie is worried and so are we. Please come home right now!!!

Russian Blue
05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
How about a cat flap with a wire mesh cage/tunnel so they can go out, but be safe?

If I remember your backyard, it's quite big, so you can create any size shape you want either using chicken wire type fencing or something stronger, like this:

PurrfectFence (http://www.purrfectfence.com/outdoor_cat_enclosures.asp)

TheCatsDen (http://www.thecatsden.net/)

I wouldn't trust my two outdoors at all. Even with Nakita, I always went out with a leash and harness since there are too many distractions for a cat. ;)

Hope Zazou comes back soon!

Edwina's Secretary
05-14-2008, 02:09 PM
How about a leash? It is how I taught the E's to stay in the yard (most of the time....:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:)

Hurry home Zazou!

Don Juan's mom
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
ZAZOU! REVIENS! MAINTENANT!

Karen
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I definitely think it's time to train her to a leash and harness, given her proclivity for wandering.

Emeraldgreen
05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I hope she returns soon!
I was also going to suggest either leash walks or creating an outdoor enclosure. We have one that our cats LOVE!
When she returns maybe you can have new house rules about no rough play with Jo. :) If Zazou doesn't understand that it is just play which is quite possible, she may keep wandering to seek safety.

jenluckenbach
05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh no!!! Not again! BAD Zazou! You better hurry home.

pitc9
05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Zazou you nawtee girl... come back home please and STAY home!
You make us worry!!

BC_MoM
05-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Maybe you should leash her next time, whether she likes it or not. It's for her own good and your sanity.

catmandu
05-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Our Pet Angels Are On The Job Taking Ribs From Tony Romas And Tacos From Poco Locos To See If They Can Lure Zazou Back. I Remember Years Ago When Boobo Was In A Garage Next Door And Wouldnt Come Our , So I Walked Away And There She Was Beside Me.
We Are Praying That Zazou Wont Make You Wait This Time!!!
Zazous A Headstrong Cat!!!

Laura's Babies
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I think one of those outdoor enclosures would be perfect with maybe some tunnels for her to explore. If I lived in a more permanent place, I would have one for my girls...

I don't think your husband really believes you are a bad Mommie, he is just fustrated with her vanishing and needed to vent.. THIS may help him to see she does need an enclosed place outside and get it faster than he would have under normal conditions. She is so pretty that I would be terrified someone would steal her out there on her own, especially if the see her roaming free a lot.

I think she will turn up back at home, she is just a wandering spirit and needs to wander! (I just can't believe she is doing it again so soon after that last ordeal!)

lvpets2002
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
I definitely think it's time to train her to a leash and harness, given her proclivity for wandering.
:love: I so agree.. Now I know all of my babies are indoors, but there is two that like the outdoors.. We go out on harnessess & are supervised.. I take a book to read while the babies are playing.. Please Please ZaZoU come back home.. We are all worried.. I know your favorite hiding place is back in that building.. Meow real loud & meowmom will be right there..

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2008, 05:50 PM
"rolleyes" Goofy KAT!

Her picture shows a collar and hanging heart-shaped TAG ...
Was she wearing that collar and TAG when she wandered off?

Maybe you need the Kat Flap on that neighbor's SHED. :p

ENOUGH, Zazou ~ Trott you lil butt home, NOW!

kb2yjx
05-14-2008, 06:01 PM
NO, NO Zazou!!!! You come home RIGHT NOW!!!! Prayers for a safe and quick return!!!! St. Anthony can you help again, PLEASE!!!!!!!

I like the idea of an outside enclosure and the use of harness and leash....

momcat
05-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I really wish I knew what to say about Zazou and can't believe she wandered off again. It's easy to understand Bernard being upset, especially after the events of last week but you're not a bad Meowmie. Getting her used to a leash and harness as well as looking into an enclosed outdoor run sounds like a workable solution. I pray that she comes back very soon. Please keep us updated?

Zazou, enough already :( Get your fuzzybutt home right now!!!!!!!

carole
05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Don't be beating yourself up about it, and i am sure your hubby is just worried,sometimes when we are worried we take our feelings out on our loved one, i am sure he is just really upset too that kitty is missing again.

I understand how you must have been feeling completely, i did not read the other thread when kitty went missing, but perhaps if you can build an outdoor enclosure that would indeed be the answer, imo some kitties simply cannot live indoors.

Now come back home kitty, your meowmie is missing you like crazy and worried sick.

momtomany
05-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Prayers have been said for Zazou to come home right away and stop worrying her mommie.

Medusa
05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Saying prayers that Zazou comes home and stays home.....

Catsnclay
05-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Is she possibly wandering off because:

a) she has made some new kitty friends? New boyfriend? ;)

b) she found new place(s) to explore?

c) is she unhappy at your house for some reason??? Something new that she doesn't like??

d) or, is the weather nice and she just wants to be out where it is different???

When we decided that Fluffy was going to stay inside (we moved to a new neighborhood with coyotes! :eek: ) we had one hell of a time!

I remember the nights where he howled & howled - and we got NO sleep at all, but we did not give in. It lasted about a week, thank goodness, but it was a very long week! :rolleyes:

Stick to your guns and do not give in to her, otherwise she knows the longer and louder she gets, she will get what she wants.

Show her who is really the boss!!! (I think this is what your husband means!!!)

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that Zazou is missing again.:( I also agree that you need to start putting a harness and a lease on her when she goes out so you always know where she is and so this can't happen again. Please come home Zazou.

When I first adopted Sky he wanted to go out too. He would go to my front door and paw at it and meow every day. It took a good month before he stopped but I didn't give in. He would also door dash but luckily my front door only leads into a hallway so I was able to catch him before he could go any where. Now he's very happy to be an indoor only cat. Good luck.:)

Bengalz
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Lut,

I am so sorry to hear Zazou has wandered off again. I pray she is safe and will find her way home soon.

Also, I have to agree that it may be time to harness/leash train her. Warning:eek: it may take time and a lot of patience but it will be worth the effort:)

Eve was most definitely a wanderer:( her previous guardians would sometimes not see her for weeks at a time:eek: That changed when she landed on my doorstep;) At first she was reluctant as most cats are but soon learned that if she wanted outdoor time she had to compromise and eventually it became easier and easier. She now often goes out without a leash generally when we are outdoors and can keep an eye on her. Rarely does she stray:) and if she does wander off next door will come when she's called. This did not happen quickly .... and there were days when my hair could not have gotten any grayer,:rolleyes: believe me!

The best option would be an enclosure however, training her on a leash will give you more flexibility if you travel with Zazou.

My heart breaks for you and I hope this can soon be resolved.

Hugs, Betty

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2008, 03:47 AM
There IS a fence all around our garden, 2 meter high, made of chickenwire! But..., all around the garden it is covere with ivy! We cannot just take that away, no way; none of our neighbours would agree with that, since they payed their share in it.

It is like Denise says, it is hard to say no to her, and then let the others play in the garden; we did it on monday, and it made Zazou howling even louder... . Poor girl, she didn't understand why she was punished like that:(;

Guess I will have to use a harness for her; but it won't work, we tried it when she was younger! I will try it for sure, but what with the others then??? Is it fair to only let Zazou outside on a leach, when her 3 sisters may run around freely??
I don't know, I am so devastated, down and helpless. Please Zazou come home, we all :love: you!!!

RobiLee
05-15-2008, 06:38 AM
There IS a fence all around our garden, 2 meter high, made of chickenwire! But..., all around the garden it is covere with ivy! We cannot just take that away, no way; none of our neighbours would agree with that, since they payed their share in it.

It is like Denise says, it is hard to say no to her, and then let the others play in the garden; we did it on monday, and it made Zazou howling even louder... . Poor girl, she didn't understand why she was punished like that:(;

Guess I will have to use a harness for her; but it won't work, we tried it when she was younger! I will try it for sure, but what with the others then??? Is it fair to only let Zazou outside on a leach, when her 3 sisters may run around freely??
I don't know, I am so devastated, down and helpless. Please Zazou come home, we all :love: you!!!

Uhhh, if Zazou doesn't stay put in her own yard then YEAH, it is fair to have her on a harness when she goes out. This is the second time she has wandered off and if I remember right someone mentioned that it happened one other time. I could be wrong about that. If you know she leaves your property then why do you let her out without a leash. I don't understand this. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you did ask the question. Saying that you let her out loose because she howls sounds like a lame excuse to me. Just my feelings on the subject. I do hope that she is found or comes home on her own and I hope from now on you will not let her out footloose and fancy free anymore.

Come home, Zazou!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 06:59 AM
I do get the feeling this time that Madam Zazou is just being stubborn about coming home.. she knows she can do pretty much as she likes, so she does.......the more anxious her Meowmie gets, the more in control Zazou feels.

Easy for me to say I know as I'm not the one frantic about my "missing" cat, but keeping to the regular routine and almost acting like nothing is out of place may just entice her home. She loves to be the centre of attention.......

GILL
05-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Personally I feel that if I love my cats they are kept in side. There are too many dangers outside, raccoons, skunks, bears, large dogs, and CARS.
We have three feral in the house. And yes they would love to go outside, as would the rest of the CREW. We do have howling and crying some times. They do stop after a time. I would rather have noise then go crazy if one of my babies was hurt or missing.

Fuzzybuns
05-15-2008, 07:55 AM
First and foremost, I hope she returns home safely and quickly this time, too.

When I poofed Churchy, he had been raised from kittenhood as an outside cat. His vet said one of the hardest things to do is convert him to strictly indoors. I was a bit surprised that it wasn't all that hard, he howled by the doors and windows for a few weeks, stalked us as we were leaving or coming back in, and his behavior was horrible. We stuck it out and now he's a healthy, happy and safe couch cat, lol.
Of course she's going to howl, she's wants outside, but the simple fact is, she's put herself in danger and now precautions need to be taken for her own safety because you obviously can't leave it up to her.

You ask if it's fair... yet she's the one with the infractions on her little record. You have to think of like you're trying to keep her safe. She's been trapped in an unknown location, and even though she faired well last time, this or next time she might not. Keeping her contained, whether inside or outside, is fair because it will keep her safe.
I would be worried that my others would catch on to her actions and start a little exploring on their own.

I think she does need an outside area, totally enclosed. Make it large enough to pretty it up with flowers and maybe a tiny little pond. Put a large flat rock in a sunny corner and you might find that you'll use it for all of your cats more than you thought you ever would. Trips to the store, company coming over, remodelling in the house...I can think of a bunch of times I'd love to have one.

Good luck little Zazou...please come home!

Catty1
05-15-2008, 08:11 AM
You mentioned your son plays rough with her, and she didn't come inside that one time. Is that rough play enough to keep her away, do you think?

Get her used to wearing just the harness when she is indoors. Then tie it to a leash and tie it to something outdoors. If there is something in the middle of the yard, tie it there - and if the leash is long enough, she can go wherever her sisters do.

She'll learn soon enough that going outside means using the harness - she will get used to it.

She'll be home soon.

kb2yjx
05-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Any news??? Prayers continue for Zazou's safe and prompt return!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 08:23 AM
She'll learn soon enough that going outside means using the harness - she will get used to it

Precisely! She will start to see it as a good thing and it will also tip the balance of power in Lut's favour. Do cats have pack hierarchy like dogs?

It's time to get firm with her - focus on her picture and think "okay Zazou, you've had your fun - now get yourself back home"

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 09:35 AM
In all fairness Lut has a massive garden with everything a cat could want (including catnip and a fish pond ;)) and as far as I know it is well away from any roads. When Zazou went missing last week she was only on the other side of the fence - but shut in. She wasn't found miles and miles away....... she just needs to curb her enthusiasm for exploring

gini
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Lut, I used to go through this with Rascal. He was a feral cat so he loved the outdoors. But he also just loves a good fight and he came home once too many times chewed up.

It took some doing - but he now understands that he is an indoor cat.
It is a shame because Annie and Emma were always good and stayed in the yard. But it didn't seem fair to let them go out and not Rascal.

He complained and howled and bolted towards an open door or would sneak into the basement if given the chance - and yes, it is hard to listen to all of that yowling and complaining.

If I were you, I think I would try the harness and leash idea as soon as possible. She may not like it - but you are doing it for HER GOOD.
You can't continue to go through this worry.

I know that Sara (Edwina's Secy) has been very successful with the harness and leash system with Edwina and Eddie.

It gets down to - what is the best for your kitty - and who is in charge?

It would help if Jo could tame down his playing rough too - she may be frightened by his rough play.

critters
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Does he have any practical ideas of how to deal with her when she is making all that racket because she wants out?
I do--earplugs or earmuffs. :) I'm serious, though; they work.

For a long time a bunch of these hellions were door runners, to the point that I could only come & go by way of a room that exited to the outside. To go out, I would go through the inside door, run everybody out & close it, then go out the outside door, like an airlock (I called it a kittylock. :D ). At this point nobody tries to escape, and Ari is the only one allowed to wallow amok outside. It's so very unbelievably peaceful not having to deal with all that, and nobody cares that she can go out but they can't.

Years ago I tried leash & harness with Tad, and I found that it fed into his desire for outside and led to worse door running and escaping.

Good luck!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Please, may I ask for your prayers again?

Let's have a few of these now people - we can help out with solutions when we've got Zazou home again. Thank you

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Uhhh, if Zazou doesn't stay put in her own yard then YEAH, it is fair to have her on a harness when she goes out. This is the second time she has wandered off and if I remember right someone mentioned that it happened one other time. I could be wrong about that. If you know she leaves your property then why do you let her out without a leash. I don't understand this. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you did ask the question. Saying that you let her out loose because she howls sounds like a lame excuse to me. Just my feelings on the subject. I do hope that she is found or comes home on her own and I hope from now on you will not let her out footloose and fancy free anymore.

Come home, Zazou!

I'm with Robin. I hope with all my heart she comes home but for how long? Are you going to let her out again? And before someone blasts me for not being a cat person look at my siggie - I have 2-- And BOTH are door darters. Kylie when she gets out she sticks very close to the perimeter of my house. Seriously she walks along the edge. But a sharp KYLIE or a loud truck going down the street sends her FLYING back inside. Kloe on the other hand - she got nuts. Its like she's running around like I'M FREE WOOOOHOOO! The last couple times she got out Keegan was outside as well and barked at something and scared her and she stayed right where she was and I was able to pick her up and carry her in. Cultural differences aside - I know in some countries - its poo pooed for those of us that keep our cats indoors but here where I live I have cars, semis, motorcycles, non cat friendly dogs, and neighbors that put chemicals out. My neighbors lost a dog and a cat to a nasty neighbor who was pi$$ed that they had pets and left out anti-freeze for them. That man is long dead. But the risk is still too great.
I have to wonder if it was anyone else but Lut what people would say. I have a feeling if it were me that had done this - you might as well stick an apple in my mouth and rotate me on the spit b/c most of you would have me for breakfast. I am actually more shocked at some of the responses from some of the members than I am that she got out again.
Everyone is giving really good advice. The harness for example. I'm sure if they are not sold in Belgium someone here would get you one and send it too you. As Gini said, you are the boss not Zazou. And Gini knows this very well as Rascal living up to his name has went thru a couple screen doors and she's put a lot on money in vet bills when he does get out and gets in scuffles. She has to keep a hook at the top of the door b/c he hits the door so hard wanting out. Zazou crying at the door isn't anything that several other Pet Talker's have put up with and I'm sure if you make a thread stating as such you will get good responses with advice.
That all said - you can believe me or not But I do with all my heart hope and Pray that Zazou will come home and STAY home. The other thing that would make me nervous about letting her out is She's a gorgeous kitty and anyone would love to have her! One of my friends doesn't see her dog for weeks at a time b/c he wanders off and someone takes care of him while he's gone!!! I would be ballistic. I can't imagine what you are going thru and again believe it or not - you are in my thoughts.

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM

!!

actually the fence sounds perfect for cats - where is she getting out at?

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Personally I feel that if I love my cats they are kept in side. There are too many dangers outside, raccoons, skunks, bears, large dogs, and CARS.

well said.:love:

Laura's Babies
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Someone on here posted this quite awhile back and I saved it since I plan on making one of these one day. I bet hubby could build one of these, easy! It would be a good place for all of them and they could be outside without such close supervision and spen more time out there on pretty days and BE SAFE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/My%20Babies/catenclosure.jpg

I'd let her wander on a lease or harness for awhile, then out her in here for as long as she wanted to stay.

Ginger's Mom
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I had to smile at your post Staci. You said just about everything I wanted to say. Lut, I truly do feel for you and I do pray that Zazou comes home safely. And just as importantly I hope this second incident will make you take steps to keep all of your cats safely on your own property. Harnesses for everyone sounds like a good first step.

Laura, I LOVE that outdoor cat house, or play area or whatever it is called. I don't have cats but if it did, it looks like something I would love to have for them. I think your idea of spending some time letting Zazou and the others sniff around on a leash and then play in their pen is a great idea.

Donnaj4962
05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh my.... Zazou.... COME HOME SWEETIE! You have wandered enough and your family wants you home!

Many prayers coming your way from me and the girls in Indiana!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Sorry!! I LOVE my cats very much thank you!! And this is a safe neighbourhood; no bears, raccoons, skunks, no wild animals at all. The nearest road is to far away, and besides Zazou is afraid for cars!

Please, don't tell my I use lame excuses :(; I am NOT like that.

Sorry for this, but some comments really hurt me deeply:(. I need good vibes, no reprimands.........

My sweety is still lost. It is raining VERY hard now; I hope she found a safe rescue:(

caseysmom
05-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Lut, Sorry for the hurtful comments, big hugs to you. I have the same problem with potter, I think they are related! They even look identical. I know you love your Zazou.

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I never said - anywhere in any of my posts that you did not love your cats. And I repeated myself several times that I hope she comes home. We all feel very passionate with our animals. We want what is best for them.

I just hope the next time someone ELSE has a problem like this people are as kind to them as they have been to you.

MoonandBean
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I said my prayer to St. Anthony again...

sasvermont
05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I hope you will consider a leash for Zazou. She may not like it much at the beginning, but they work.

I hope that wayward kitty finds her way home again and that your experiences with her become easier on everyone!

Juni was out for 30 hours just recently and on her way up the steps to come in, I told her that she had just had her last time outside. She just cannot be trusted. It is for her own good. Some cats just don't have good homing instincts. Juni is one of them!

Sarah gave me the web site to link to to buy the nifty vests and although I am not currently using one with my cats, I have in the past and they are quite comfortable and effective.

Good luck Lut.

Oh, I don't think anyone here wishes you ill with this problem. I do think that folks will get a bit put out worrying every time Zazou takes a powder.....when you are not in the heat of the moment, the answer seems pretty clear to us......we're on the outside looking in....but the ultimate decision is yours, not your cat's. We will all support you no matter what you decide, as long as the cat is safe and sound! Remember, we often are easier on the pets more than the owners!:confused:

Sas and her campers:love:

MoonandBean
05-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Juni was out for 30 hours just recently and on her way up the steps to come in, I told her that she had just had her last time outside. She just cannot be trusted. It is for her own good. Some cats just don't have good homing instincts.

Can't you just picture that exchange? :)

Medusa
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I think I may have posted this the last time that Zazou got lost but years ago my blackie Boo darted out the door after a feral cat and it was the coldest day of the year. I thought he'd be easy to spot against the white snow. Not. My son and I searched for him for hours and finally gave up when it got dark. He was gone all night and I left the garage door up just a crack and he came into the garage after midnight and meowed inside the garage. Of course, I bolted out there and hugged him so hard! He was filthy, all muddy, but I just brushed him and he slept w/me that night. The next day I put a sign on the wall near the door at cat level "You are a guest in this house. If you leave, I won't count on you coming back." I meant it as a joke for humans to get a chuckle out of, of course, but I swear Boo read it and he hasn't tried to bolt since. Before that time, he was always trying to make an exit. Now he's 16 and settled in and has no desire whatsoever to go out but he does still get his hackles up at outdoor cats who come around. So take heart, Zazou may come back and decide she's had enough and, if not, whip up a sign. She may get the message on a subconscious level and it just might do the trick. ;)

momcat
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Lut, Without question you're one of the most loving and caring Meowmies I know. All you want is for your kitty girls to be happy and know how much they're loved. What to do about Zazou is a tough question for you. Prayers being prayed for both of you! :love:

Catsnclay
05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry!! I LOVE my cats very much thank you!! And this is a safe neighbourhood; no bears, raccoons, skunks, no wild animals at all. The nearest road is to far away, and besides Zazou is afraid for cars!

Please, don't tell my I use lame excuses :(; I am NOT like that.

Sorry for this, but some comments really hurt me deeply:(. I need good vibes, no reprimands.........

My sweety is still lost. It is raining VERY hard now; I hope she found a safe rescue:(

Oh Lut!

I hope that you realize that we all are just giving you suggestions, NOT repremands!!

We are all worried sick over Zazou and hope she gets home quickly & safely.

Please don't take any of these posts as anyone beating up on you, we are all just trying to help!!!

I hope she will return home soon!!

Bunny

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Well said Lut! I think some opinions should have been kept to themselves until Zazou is home.

This thread was to ask for prayers not recriminations :mad:

I'm pretty sure Belgium doesn't have bears, racoons, skunks and who knows what else marauding through gardens......Zazou and her sisters are very well cared for and it is up to Lut to decide whether her cats go out or stay in, the same as it is up to each and every one of you. All she was asking for was a little bit more support from us. If you want to turn this into an "in versus out" thread then please start it somewhere else. This one is to get Zazou home - nothing else

Don Juan's mom
05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
My sister's tuxie Misty (who passed away last December at 17) would go outside on a long "bungee" leash. Aside from the hilarious scene when she tried to chase a squirrel (worthy of a Looney Toon), I don't think it ever gave her any problems.

If you go to the memorial page I have for Cardamom on my website, you'll find a link to the website for Foothill Felines (Bengal breeders), where they sell little "walking jackets" for kitties.

Liz

catmandu
05-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN ENCLOSURE LIKE THAT COVERING SAY A 20 BY 30 FOOT AREA , A PROPERLY BUILT ONE THAT WOULD LET THEM OUT IN THE SUN AND ON THE GRASS WHERE THEY WOULD GET LOTS OS SUN AND EXERCISE.
THAT WILL BE OUR NEXT PROJECT, MAKING THE FOUND CAT HOTEL EVEN MORE OF A PARADISE!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012364.jpg
THEN SNOOPY AND I COULD REALLY HAVE FUN.

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Well said Lut! I think some opinions should have been kept to themselves until Zazou is home.

This thread was to ask for prayers not recriminations :mad:

I'm pretty sure Belgium doesn't have bears, racoons, skunks and who knows what else marauding through gardens......Zazou and her sisters are very well cared for and it is up to Lut to decide whether her cats go out or stay in, the same as it is up to each and every one of you. All she was asking for was a little bit more support from us. If you want to turn this into an "in versus out" thread then please start it somewhere else. This one is to get Zazou home - nothing else

I stated my opinion -
I have stated several times that I do wish Zazou home safely.
I mean no ill will to Zazou or the other kitties or Lut.
I will not apologize for me stating my opinion when I by no means was mean or harsh.

pitc9
05-15-2008, 04:05 PM
I'll be sure to lite my St. Francis of Assisi candle when I get home.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Lut, if the use of the way I used the word "SAFE" offended you, that was not any sort of accusation or name calling and by NO means a reflection of any wrong doing on your part. I would love to be able to put mine out where I would know they would be SAFE, as safe as they could possiably be, that is all I meant by that.

Boo was use to being out and so was Samantha. It is not safe around here for them to roam free and I would love to have that enclosure for them where they would be safe and could enjoy being outside.

People can be cruel to animals (happens around here a lot), people steal them and that is what I would worry about the most. I have had pets stolen and I never want to loose another one like that..

I am sorry if that is what you were referring to in your response. In re-reading it, I now see where it could have been taken in a way it is not meant to sound.

jazzcat
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh wow, she is missing again??? Not good.

Lut, I won't kick you when you're down but I think you can see that everyone is just trying to offer suggestions and concerns about Zazou's advertures. I think a lot of us are just surprised you let her go out again so quickly. There may not be dangerous predators for her to deal with but obviously from her last ordeal there are dangers. Sounds like a leash/harness is very much worth a try.

As for the crying and howling to get out, been there done that. When we first moved here Ripley got out by accident and after that he was relentless about getting out so I gave in. Within a few months of him being an indoor/outdoor cat he disappeared for two days and when he finally came home he had been shot with an arrow in the leg and was very sick. After that I never let him out again. When he cried, howled, scratched and was a total pain to live with I'd just remember how sick he was and how BIG that vet bill was. It gave me the strength to stick to it and he eventually gave up on going out.

Prayers that Zazou comes home soon safe and sound.

ChrisH
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Lut, prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for Zazou to be safe and come back home very soon.

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Zazou will be back, she's just testing out her legs.

-------------------------

The Edster is an indoor cat and he's only let out to walk to and from my mom's house. When he wants to go "out" I put him into a bird cage that I lined with an old bed sheet. He gets air, sun and gets to watch the pigeons and parakeets on the porch. He cries when he wants to come in, so he has the best of both worlds, a seat outside without the wanderlust attached to the world!

I also have a carabiner on the door to keep him from slipping out.

The cage is small enough to move around, but not big enough to be an obstruction.

Again, Good thoughts for Zazou.

orangemm
05-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Zazou darling, please come right home; we are all waiting for you with open arms!

Did you all really have luck with a harness? I tried collars and a harness on our RB Puddy and she managed to wriggle out of all of them, no matter how tightly I cinched them. Have they improved the design?

My guys have absolutely no interest in the outdoors (other than sitting in the window and observing), but I understand the wander-lust.:rolleyes:

I had one orangie who would line himself up at the bottom of the basement stairs, make a run up the steps, through the pantry and into the kitchen where he would hurl himself against the screen door (the old wooden variety) until it popped open. Very ingenious.:eek: His little plan was foiled when we finally replaced that door with an aluminum storm door!:p

Zazou, I'm talking to YOU!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I stated my opinion -
I have states several times that I do wish Zazou home safely.
I will not apologize for me stating my opinion when I by no means was mean or harsh.

Fair enough :) - I was just sticking up for a friend going through a hard time. Let's hope that puss is home soon so we can all put our heads together to keep her safe where she belongs

lizbud
05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll not say anything about letting Zazou out again. I know you feel bad
enough already.:( Try not to be mad at Bernard either as I know he hates
to see you upset & knows how worried you are for Zazou.

There is something called "tough love" & that might be what you have
to do with little Zazou. I hope she doesn't stay away to long & comes
home soon safe & sound.:)

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Here is a photo (albeit not very clear!) of Eddie and Edwina in the walking harnesses and leashes.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00030.jpg?t=1210892117

And yes, I bought them from an on-line site associated with bengal cats.....
http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

It has worked for us.

jenluckenbach
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I am sure Zazou is safe. She has been in the past. But she may be stuck somewhere again, so I hope you can find out where.....SOON.

Lut, if you wish to keep allowing her access to the garden I think you have to accept her independent nature. Obviously HER idea of boundaries is not the same as YOUR idea of boundaries. I believe she will continue to wander so you might just have to learn not to worry so much. I know it is common place to allow cats out of doors where you live. (here in America, it is not as easily accepted. Many of us have a hard time understanding a point of view different from our own.....forgive us :o )

Prayers that she is safe and comes home SOON>

kt_luvs_kitties
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I have a harness and leash set Lut, and I will ship it to you for free. It has never been used. Please let me know.

Praying for Zazous safe return! *hugs* to meowmie and Daddykat

momcat
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Zazou,
Please hear my concerned meows and come straight home right now! You know how much your Meowmie loves you and misses you terribly! I've been an indoor kitty all of my life and it really isn't so bad. There's a lot you can do in the house like find great hidey places, find all kinds of neat stuff to play with and help Meowmie around the house. I love to do that except when that silly vacuum cleaner comes out to play. Not only that, it's always warm & dry, food is always right there plus you can get lovies all the time.

I'm worried about you and hope you're okay, just playing hide & seek. Many kitty prayers are being prayed for you to come back to your purrents safe and sound.

Ms. Lut,
I know you miss your Zazou very much and feel very sad now. I'm sending you lots of purrs, headbumpies and kitty kisses to maybe help you feel a little bit better. Meowmie and I are saying lots of prayers for you and Zazou!

Your friend,
Groucho

Catty1
05-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Lut - still praying for Zazou to come home soon!

I guess you would have checked that car shed already to see if she is there.

There are lots of options for you an Bernard to talk about here AFTER little Zazou comes home.

HUGS! :love:

Medusa
05-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Another special prayer being said tonight for Zazou's safe return. :)

slick
05-15-2008, 09:11 PM
It saddens me to no end to see this thread and the "heavy overtones" to it. Lut, I'm so sorry you were hurt. Reading some of the words written here, I would have felt the same way. There is absolutely no need for it.

Praying for Z's safe return.:(

carole
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I have to say i agree with you slick., I think Lut is upset enough,just sending positive vibes and good thoughts for ZaZou to return home safely and unharmed.:love:

shais_mom
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I stated my opinion -
I have stated several times that I do wish Zazou home safely.

I said it once and I'm saying it again.

shais_mom
05-16-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure Belgium doesn't have bears, racoons, skunks and who knows what else marauding through gardens
this comment has been 'bothering' me all nite long.
There might not be any of those things in the garden BUT she isn't IN the garden.
And animals aren't the only 'danger'. Someone mentioned their cat getting shot with an arrow. I know that people here think that most psycho people live in the USA but the fact of the matter is there are EVERYWHERE.
If a cat can get OUT of the fenced in yard then a small dog or another cat can get IN- and cat fights are just as expensive as any other kind of animal fight or injury.
I am sending up prayers to GOD tonight that Zazou will come home asap.

Catty1
05-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Denise - would it be too much to ask to have you put out your 'kitty senses' again? Or maybe you are already doing that. :)

If you can, tell that silly girl to Stay In The Yard! :rolleyes::D

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Lut, I was really hoping to read that Zazou was back home with you again. I'm so sorry to hear that she's stilll missing.:( She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please try not to worry about her too much. (((HUGS)))

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 02:45 AM
this comment has been 'bothering' me all nite long.
There might not be any of those things in the garden BUT she isn't IN the garden.
And animals aren't the only 'danger'. Someone mentioned their cat getting shot with an arrow. I know that people here think that most psycho people live in the USA but the fact of the matter is there are EVERYWHERE.
If a cat can get OUT of the fenced in yard then a small dog or another cat can get IN- and cat fights are just as expensive as any other kind of animal fight or injury.
I am sending up prayers to GOD tonight that Zazou will come home asap.

Sorry if I offended you in any way - was just angry about my friend being hurt by a few of the posts. I know you want Zazou home just as much as the rest of us :) Truce?

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Denise - would it be too much to ask to have you put out your 'kitty senses' again? Or maybe you are already doing that. :)

If you can, tell that silly girl to Stay In The Yard! :rolleyes::D

Have been trying since Lut contacted me about it. All I get is that she is being particularly stubborn about coming home. I am pretty sure she is okay but she is very single minded and will only do what Zazou wants.........

I will be keeping her picture on my screen all day in the hope that she will come to understand the chaos she is causing

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Friday morning : no Zazou yet..........

orangemm
05-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Think positive!!! The day isn't over yet; Miss "Wander-lust" apparently isn't ready to come home yet, but we sure are ready for her to get her butt back inside!

Are you listening, Zazou?

More prayers going up for Lut & Zazou................:love:

Randi
05-16-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that Zazou will come home soon.

Have you looked for her everywhere in the neighborhood? She must be hungry by now. :(

kittycats_delight
05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Oh Lut....I am sorry Zazou has decided it would be fun to wander off again and worry you out of your mind. I wish she would understand how upsetting it is to you when she does that and she doesn't have to prove she is her own boss.

I know the howling is terrible when they want out. The only one we have had any trouble with for this is Bella. But of course she was feral as well. The complaining about going out lasted a couple of month but not on a daily basis. The daily basis howling stopped after about a week and a half or 2 weeks. She would howl for about 30 minutes or 1 hour and then when she realized she wasn't getting out she would go find something else to do. She would do that 2 or 3 times a day. Now she doesn't bother at all. It takes time and patiences and remembering you are doing it for her protection and your peace of mind. But it can work.

We can all work together to see if we can find a solution for Miss 'Flighty Pants' when she comes back. For now let's concentrate on sending out all the good vibes and thoughts and prayers we can for Zazou's safe return and your sanity.

Know we are with you 100% ok. We all want Zazou back where she belongs.....HOME!!!!!

((((((HUGS))))))
Michelle

Zazou honey...you know you don't need to stay away to prove you are independent. We all know that kitties all have their own minds and fiercely independent. But honey you staying away is worrying your meowmie sick. She just wants you tp be safe and be where you have lots of food and water, a warm, dry place to sleep and all the love you can stand. That's not so bad. Come home Zazou before your poor meowmie looses her mind and all of us too.

Medusa
05-16-2008, 06:49 AM
The same thing occcurred this time around: I woke up during the night and Zazou was on my mind so I said another prayer to bring her home safely. Hopefully, the next time I check this thread there will be good news.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 06:53 AM
The same thing occcurred this time around: I woke up during the night and Zazou was on my mind so I said another prayer to bring her home safely. Hopefully, the next time I check this thread there will be good news.

Team work will get her home again!

AbbyMom
05-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Zazou's safe and QUICK return.

Come home!

Lut, is Zazou a playful cat normally?

shais_mom
05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Sorry if I offended you in any way - was just angry about my friend being hurt by a few of the posts. I know you want Zazou home just as much as the rest of us :) Truce?

Maybe "bothering" wasn't the right term, for that I apologize. It didn't offend me. It was just on my mind all night long.
Truce!
:)
still praying.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Maybe "bothering" wasn't the right term, for that I apologize. It didn't offend me. It was just on my mind all night long.
Truce!
:)
still praying.

Cool ;)

Bengalz
05-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts are yours Lut - I hope Zazou comes home and soon.

Keep your chin up. Hugs, Betty

gini
05-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Zazou, do you realize how many people are worrying about you around the world?

Please come home - your Mom will be so relieved!

:love::love: to you Lut!

MoonandBean
05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Zazouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....please come home now.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I have done a reading with Zazou which I will pm to Lut but it might help if we change our mantra to

"Zazou, come home when you are ready"

pitc9
05-16-2008, 09:29 AM
I was hoping to see a post saying she was home...

Still praying for her safe return!

kb2yjx
05-16-2008, 09:50 AM
The Clan is continuing to pray that Zazou comes home " when she is ready!"

Donnaj4962
05-16-2008, 09:54 AM
More prayers from me and the girls from Indiana!

Zazou.... please decide to come home soon little girl! We know that you know that home is a much better place than the big, scary outdoors! Fresh water, food, and all the luvvins from your fursibs and meowmom! Come on sweetie.... walk back into the garden and up to the door! Meowmom will be so glad to see you.

RobiLee
05-16-2008, 10:04 AM
If people are referring to me and my statment I would just like to say that I only answered Lut's question and answered it honestly. I was only looking out for Zazou's safety and not trying to hurt Lut's feelings. Nowhere in my statement did I imply that Lut doesn't love her cats. I know that we all love our animals here at Pet Talk. I have had my dogs get loose and know the incredible fear and worry that comes with that. There is no way I would let my dogs out the door or gate on purpose when I know that they will not be returning home anytime soon. That is where my opinion came from and I stand by my opinion!

I have been checking this thread hoping and praying that Zazou has made it home safely and will continue to do so.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-16-2008, 10:05 AM
HURRAY !!! She is back home!!!
She was on the same property! She must have discovered that they have several shets there, and one of those has a loft, where she can hide all she wants! The owner says she was there since 3 days; and he let the door open to let her go . I don't get it why he didn't call us to tell this!! And WHY didn't she come home when we called her?? Maybe she found some food or water??
I went in that shed an hour ago, calling her name; but NO answer!!!
When I got back home, I asked Indra to call Zazou's name; and hey she answered and came back! It was amazing how she got over the fence: she climbed in a high tree, then jumped from there all over the fence:eek:

One thing is for sure: she will never ever get the chance anymore to go outside without a leash!! I wish I had one like the E's! I will order one asap!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2008, 10:07 AM
That is good news - she obviously wanted a bit of space.... I guess she sensed the anxiety in your voice but not in Indra's.

Good girl Zazou

Killearn Kitties
05-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Excellent news, Lut. I am so glad she is home.

MoonandBean
05-16-2008, 10:16 AM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bengalz
05-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Thank God she's home and safe:D

Lut - is Zazou a hunter? Is it possible there are some interesting prey in the areas of that shed, garage, etc.? That may be one reason she keeps going back there and won't answer when called.

I wish you and Zazou good luck with the harness training. It will be trying however, worth the effort and certainly your sanity and Zazou's well-being.

I'm so glad she's home and that you're feeling better today:love:

Medusa
05-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Yay, good news! There's no explaining a cat and why cats do what they do. At least, that's been my experience. The Fur Posse are doing the Happy Dance and so am I! :p

cassiesmom
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Dear sweet Zazou ... please, please don't go wandering by yourself again. We love you and don't want anything to happen to you. Big *HUG* to you for coming back home again.

kimlovescats
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Laura, I was thinking the exact thing about an outdoor enclosure! As talented as Bernard is in the garden, I bet he could make something lovely for Miss Zazou. Actually that picture is pretty much the same as the one Jerry built in our garage for our kitties!

EDIT: I just saw that she is home safe! That's wonderful news.

ChrisH
05-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Wonderful news!!:D:D

shais_mom
05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
One thing is for sure: she will never ever get the chance anymore to go outside without a leash!! I wish I had one like the E's! I will order one asap!!

Katie offered to send you a brand new one - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=2012515&postcount=67
you might want to check her post and pm her to let her know. :)
I'm so glad she is home and safe!!
Zazou I'm so glad you decided it was time to come home! :D

gini
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
At last - some good news this Friday!

Zazou I hope you enjoyed your LAST little adventure!

Arrgghhh - we love them so much and worry about them just as much!

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that she's back home where she belongs.:) Now hopefully you'll be able to keep her at home.;)

pitc9
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
SO glad she's back home!!

Emeraldgreen
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Yippee! http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/smileyguyblue.gif

Here is a PT thread all about Outdoor Enclosures with lots of pics of PT'rs enclosures to give you some ideas if you decide to go that route.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=138731

Taz_Zoee
05-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Whew! I haven't posted on this thread, because I was waiting for her to come home first. I was thinking maybe there are rodents or something at the neighbors that is drawing her interest.
Well, I am very happy to hear she is home and will now go out on a leash/harness. :D

lvpets2002
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
:love: Welcome Home SweetHeart ZaZou.. Now here is what my babies wear when they want out.. Mewomom attaches extra long leashes to the harness.. You will get used to the harness in no time & just love it.. You can get these just about anywhere.. Pics please & Bigg Whisker Kisses being sent as well..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/pPETS-3765758_alternate1_t400.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a harness and leash set Lut, and I will ship it to you for free. It has never been used. Please let me know.

*hugs* to meowmie and Daddykat

Oh yes, what an awfully nice thing to do!! I hope it is for "large" cats, lol, Zazou has a "well-rounded" young lady ;):D
Thank you so much Katie!!

orangemm
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Welcome home, Zazou!!! So happy you are safe and sound!!

note to Lut....LOCK HER UP!;););)

Laura's Babies
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
If she likes the sheds, maybe she could have her own with all kinds of cubby holes and places attached to the enclosure attached to give Mommie some peace of mind that she is safe and secure, a place to go to be alone, have some quiet alone time and be in her own little world?

Silly Girl... you are worrying your Mommie to death with your wandering spirit and disappearing acts. You are not a tiger in the woods out hunting for food to survive.... Can't you just "hunt" in your own yard and save your Mommies nerves?

WELCOME HOME ZAZOU!

Catty1
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh Zazou, you silly girl! :p You got to be Queen of your very own Loft, did you?

Did the nice man feed you too, and you thought you would just have two homes? Your meowmie and all of us were very worried. I hope you get to have a wee loft all your own, and a nice stylish harness so you can stay with your sisters! :)

Welcome home, sweetheart!:love:

Don Juan's mom
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh yes, what an awfully nice thing to do!! I hope it is for "large" cats, lol, Zazou has a "well-rounded" young lady ;):D

The "walking jackets" sold by Foothill Felines (the Bengal breeders) come in "regular" and "large." I noticed someone else posted the link to the website on this thread.

Liz

jenluckenbach
05-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Welcome home!! (I knew you'd be back ;) )

Randi
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm so glad she is home! :) Now Zazou, be careful your mom don't put glue under your paws! ;)

Stay safe!

catmandu
05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
BOY MY DEAR SISTER IN LAW YOU SURE HAD YOUR MEOWMIE WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!
YOU SHOULDNT BE WHERE SHE CANT SEE YOU, OUR HUMANS LOVE US AND WORRY WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHERE WE ARE.
MY CAT DAD REALLY WORRIE ABOUT ME IF HE CANT SEE ME, AND I WAIT UNTIL THE WORDS TREATS ARE MENTIONED THEN I COME OUT!!!
JUST LET HER KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ONCE IN A WHILE!!
ARE YOU GROUNDED OR WILL WE SEE YOU, AND MY BELOVED SNOOPY AT THE ROYAL CONNAUGHT QUEEN VICTORIA ENGLISH BREAKFAST BUFFET.
SERVED BY FAT GUYS IN FANCY COSTUMES!!!ITS A HOOOT!!!
MY LOVE, YOU CANT MISS THIS.
YOUR ORANGE LOVE ,MIQUELITO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012362.jpg

sasvermont
05-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey girl, the party is over. You need to stay in your own yard.

Lut, I am very glad your girl was found. Aren't they something?

:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you so much Katie!!

Edwina weighs 12 pounds (5.44 kilo) and wears a medium very comfortably. These are expandable but please do not tell Edwina that!

kb2yjx
05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Thank you Saint Anthony!!! You came through again!!!!

catlady1945
05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear she is back.

She will get used to not being able to roam free. Our youngest used to be let out by a family member. It was too stressful, though, and we made a huge fuss and she has been inside for about 5 years. She doesn't even seem to care any more about going out (although I'm sure if we let her go, she would be a very happy kitty).

ramanth
05-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Glad to hear she is home safe. :) :love:

Freedom
05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Thank goodness!

jennielynn1970
05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
What a stinker she is! She must have wanted some "alone time" away from the other girls.

I wonder why the guy didn't tell you she was there, if he knew you were looking for her and were worried. That's just not nice behavior. Maybe he liked having her there??

Hope the harness works out well for you! I think one of those enclosures with lofts and cubby holes would be really cool for cats to be able to enjoy the outdoors and be safe.

Welcome home Zazou, now keep your butt there!

carole
05-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh lut i am so happy for you , you must be so relieved now,kitties are just like nawtee children aren't they, no matter what they do you still love them.

Thank goodness all the PT prayers and thoughts worked in your favour as they ususally do, wonderful news, thrilled to bits for you, welcome home nawtee Zazou.:love:

shais_mom
05-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I wonder why the guy didn't tell you she was there, if he knew you were looking for her and were worried. That's just not nice behavior. Maybe he liked having her there??

!

well he can get his OWN kitty!:p

kittycats_delight
05-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Maybe he liked having her there??

And just maybe the reason she stayed away so long was that he was leaving her food and water too???

Lut...I am so glad your 'monster' is home!!! I guess she can wave goodbye now to those solo adventures. Live and learn Zazou. hehehehehe

(((((HUGS))))) for you. Breathe easy once again and enjoy having your girls all back together. :)

Michelle

P.S. A little time and persistence with the harness will pay off.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties
I have a harness and leash set Lut, and I will ship it to you for free. It has never been used. Please let me know

*hugs* to meowmie and Daddykat

This just sums up the spirit of PT! :D

phesina
05-17-2008, 07:31 PM
So glad to know you are back home safe, Zazou!

Now say to yourself over and over: "East, west, home is best!"

Felicia's Mom
05-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Glad that Zazou is home!

Catty1
05-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Saw this on ICHC - the colouring is the same as Zazou, and you can't tell at first if kitty is short or long - haired! :)
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/17/butmaaaaaaaaam128555106557257665.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Did the nice man feed you too, and you thought you would just have two homes? :

I was wondering why she was not really hungry or thirsty when she was back:confused:
But I think I have the answer: there must have been lots of mice in that shed....... . Miss Private Zazou had all she wanted and came back home with a full tummy :D .

We took her with us again to our appartmend in Ostend. She was a very happy girl and appreciated all the attention; I am sure she was in big need of private time with her humans. At first she was a nervous kitty, but later she relaxed and enjoyed her little vacation with mommy & daddy!!

Thanks for all the good advize!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Sounds like your little breaks did you good Zazou - lucky girl ;)

momcat
05-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi Lut! I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your wonderful news. Groucho and I are so relieved to hear that Zazou has come home!