PDA

View Full Version : An update:

DrKym
05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Well we are settled in Minnesota, although the terrain is different, and the people are new, we have fit in pretty well.

Due to certain issues with my ex, I had rehomed several of our rescues with breed specific orgs, and am luckily kept up to date on their progress. A few of our rescues were put down as they were totally unadoptable(not my choice but done by the orgs that took them in).

With me still are Goofy, Murdoch, Splash, and of course my Lexie, all of whom are settling in, Murd is having anxiety issues, but that is his wont anyway as he hates any routine change. Lex (aka the Goblin) is doing fantastic and has won over her new vet and all the neighbors and the nurses at HCMC while I recovered from double bypass.

Goofy is doing well although the severe cold was hard on her asthma but she soldiered thru it.

Splash (adrians conure) is now a full grown brat and is talking up a storm! (of course not everything she says is what I want to hear.....but I will chalk it up and say must have been the neighbors kid that taught her that?)

I just had a visit from bluefrog here on PT last week(alison for those that remember her) and she will be vacationing soon here in the U.S. for a week.

Adrian won a scholarship for next year to the Minneapolis Preparatory Academy, a college prep school (very proud mom here)

Brandon is still in Illinois in Juvenile Detention till he is 18, he writes often, and can use our prayers.

Daltons aunt stepped up and took him into her home which pleases me mightily, as he needs the support of his family and she is a wonderful lady with 5 kids of her own, he calls every week and is thriving out of the city and in his new school.

That brings us up to date, thank you all for your support and prayers, and I am so glad to be back in the loop, missed everyone and especially missed Thursdays!

Love and bright blessings

Kym

lvpets2002
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
:love: Well I am glad to read all is going well & your resettling in is doing good.. Keep us updated ok..

cassiesmom
05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Well I am glad to read all is going well & your resettling in is doing good.. Keep us updated ok..
Same here! Congratulations, Adrian, on the scholarship! I'll be praying for you and for Brandon and Dalton.