View Full Version : How big will she get?

mamad21975
05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I currently have a female pitbull/lab mix we believe who is 4 months old and is 28-30 pounds. Does anyone out there have this breed of dog? If so how big do you think she will get? Her mother was a smaller pitbull at only 33 pounds, she however will be larger than that, just would like to here from anyone else that has encountered this crossbreed. :love::)

Jessika
05-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Well that's the beauty of mutts -- they're a surprise! It will be hard to tell from guesstimating alone, but knowing both parents I would assume to just take their average weights and maybe factor in if they have more of the mom or dad's genetics... You can take 100 pit/lab mixes and I'm sure they'll be all sorts of different shapes and sizes :)

4 months and already 30 pounds, though, my 3 year old Aussie is 40 lbs! So to me she'll probably be big, hehe.

Freedom
05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello, and welcome to Pet Talk!

Let's see a photo of your dog, we LOVE photos!

Giselle
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Let's see if I remember...

At 6 months, the puppy is about 1/2 to 3/4 of her adult height.

At about 4-6 months, the puppy is about 1/2 her adult body weight.

That's not COMPLETELY reliable for every dog, but it gives you a rough draft to work with. FWIW, Ivy was about 3/4 of her adult body weight at 6 months, so it really differs from dog to dog.

Here's a general growth chart:
http://www.peteducation.com/images/articles/dog_growth_chart.gif

So what does that mean? Your pup will probably max out at about 60-ish pounds.

mamad21975
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello Here is a picture of Chili she is brown one in the middle. Beside her is my manchester terrier Rocky and our Chihuahua Coco. I am sorry I could not figure out a way to upload the pictures.

:love:

luvofallhorses
05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
She's adorable! :love: there's no telling how big she will get probably 40-60 lb. range. she looks like she has more pit bull than lab. omg I am in love. :love:

pitc9
05-17-2008, 10:46 AM
She looks like she has a lot more Pitt in her than she does lab. So I would guess that she'd max out around 50 or 60.
She's beautiful!! So are your other 2!!

Lilith Cherry
05-20-2008, 06:49 AM
What a beauty she is! The other two are lovely as well. Welcome to pet talk.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd say bigger than the other two - they are all lovely

polarpooch
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, everyone is right...you just never know with mixes. My pit/bull mastiff looks more pit...about the height of a pittie, with some more bulk due to the bull mastiff (he has a huge head, for instance). He's about 75lbs...his mom was 35lbs, his papa was 110lbs. HOWEVER, some of his littermates were much taller, and less pit like. They looked like bulky lab crosses. Yours looks like it's taking after the pit side of the equation...so I'd expect smaller than the lab...perhaps slightly larger than a normal sized pit. what a lovely little thing, though...such a beautiful coat, too!

Spicy_Bulldog
06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Hard to say. I think around 50lbs though.

Sometimes they stay little for awhile and have a growth spurt, other times they get big pretty fast and then really slow.

One of my male Pits was pretty much his full grown weight at 7 months, but he continued to grow though change and development, just not gain anymore weight.

One of my females was 20lbs exactly at 4 months and full grown is 33-34lbs. Being mixed with Lab it is hard to say, since I'm not so familiar with Lab growth rate and the sire was also bigger, so 50lbs is just a guess. Do you know what the sires weight was?

mamad21975
06-04-2008, 01:14 PM
No I never knew who the father actually was. From the rescue the guess is that she is pitbull lab, which is what I would guess just by looking at her. I just weighed her yesterday and Chili now weighs 35 pounds and will be 5 months old on the 9th of June. Thank you.:)