PDA

View Full Version : The new Shutterfly layout

pitc9
05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Okay... I'm not stupid...(at least I like to think I'm not :o)
But why can't I right click on my pictures to get the properties now????

And for some reason the last pictures I posted in dog general (a few days ago) are all small now!
Even my siggy! But when I go to shutterfly they're normal size!

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
But why can't I right click on my pictures to get the properties now????

And for some reason the last pictures I posted in dog general (a few days ago) are all small now!
Even my siggy!
But when I go to shutterfly they're normal size!

TESTING ...
Here's a April 21 shot of the New Neighbor from a ShutterFly album:

Molly's Mug Shot >>>

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8da00b3127cceb7e924cdf4a900000026108IaOW7lwya6

Preview says it's gonna display "full size" ... we'll see.

OK ... far from being "Super Sized" - but I think it's about normal
for a ShutterFly photo.

I don't notice anything new with the layout on ShutterFly.

Husky_mom
05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
actually I see them both normal size....

your siggy is normal to me....:confused:

pitc9
05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
actually I see them both normal size....

your siggy is normal to me....:confused:

On my screen (and any computer I've used here at work today and yesterday) the picture in my siggy is 1 inch tall and 3/4 of an inch high.

Phred's picture is normal size to me.
I went back and looked at past pictures I've posted and only some are small.
Hum.. :confused:

Here's a thread I posted not too long ago. The pictures were normal size when I posted the thread, but since Shutterfly changed it's layout they're tiny now.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142043

But this thread that I posted a few weeks ago is normal.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=141935

Husky_mom
05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
your siggy shows a good 5.75 by 3.75 (to me).... the first thread DOES show tiny pics like 1 inch pics... and the second shows some normal and some tiny mixed in between....

pitc9
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
your siggy shows a good 5.75 by 3.75 (to me).... the first thread DOES show tiny pics like 1 inch pics... and the second shows some normal and some tiny mixed in between....

Yeah, those 1 inch pictures is what my siggy looks like to me.
Maybe I'll try a new picture for my siggy and see what happens.

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
On my screen (and any computer I've used here at work today and yesterday)
the picture in my siggy is 1 inch tall and 3/4 of an inch high.

... but since Shutterfly changed it's layout, they're tiny now.

Yes, your Siggy photo IS super small ~ smaller than it's ever appeared before.

Can you explain just how "Shutterfly changed its layout" ??

WHAT do you think is "different" on Shutterfly?
*I* don't see any big changes.

Even if I switch the album page / thumbnails to the smallest of the three sizes,
when I click on a thummy, I get the "normal' FULL sized blow up.

And "right click" works on every size photo.

:confused:

Husky_mom
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
hey!!. on my parents house comp your siggy IS small!!.... on the owrk comp it showed normal but now here it is just as you described...:confused:

I have no clue why??... at work we have windows98 (yeah, I know way too old, but our system requires that for who knows what reason:rolleyes:) and the house comp has windows XP... perhaps that could have soemthign to do with it??

ETA: also at work we have IE and at home I use Firefox

pitc9
05-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Phred, when I signed on to Shutterfly this morning I was greeted by a message telling me about the changes and the website offers you a "tour" of the new stuff.

The main screen appears different and how you view your albums is different as well. I don't understand why your account isn't changed.

Do you know how do I take a picture of my screen and save it to post it?
I can show you how mine looks.

pitc9
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
And "right click" works on every size photo.

When you right click are you able to get the properties?
When I right click the only options I get are: View Large, Rename, Move to, Copy, to, use for album cover and delete. AND when I double click on the thumbnail of the picture to view it larger (normal size) and I right click I don't get Anything!!! I sent them an e-mail this morning but have not gotten anything back from them yet.

Husky_mom
05-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I can show you how mine looks.

just click the prntscrn button (I think thatīs what it says in english ) it in between the letters and the second set of numbers to the rights (well in most keyboards)... itīs print screen... then you just paste it to any program and save it, upload it and post

pitc9
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
just click the prntscrn button (I think thatīs what it says in english ) it in between the letters and the second set of numbers to the rights (well in most keyboards)... itīs print screen... then you just paste it to any program and save it, upload it and post

I tried it and it didn't work.
I tried hitting it alone and with shift, alt, and control as well and don't get anything to happen.
:(

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Phred, when I signed on to Shutterfly this morning I was greeted by a message telling me about the changes and the website offers you a "tour" of the new stuff.

The main screen appears different and how you view your albums is different as well. I don't understand why your account isn't changed.

I didn't get any "notice" when I signed in; but the Shutterfly site appears to
be the same as it's been ... no big layout or feature changes that I notice.

Screen Shot? I've NEVER pulled one of those off! :mad: :p

When you right click are you able to get the properties? YES!

When I right click the only options I get are: View Large, Rename, Move to, Copy, to, use for album cover and delete.

AND when I double click on the thumbnail of the picture to view it larger (normal size)
and then I right click --- I don't get Anything!!!

I'm wondering if your IE BROWSER stepped out for lunch and had too many beers.

Maybe try shutting your 'puter down and then re-start it ...
see if the right-click options do better after the re-start.

With the mouse centered on the normal-sized (big) picture, the RIGHT-click
should bring up a rather large Drop-Down Box with a bunch of choices
about pictures, move to, Google search, etc; and the last being "Properties".

Not sure what else to suggest.
Just keep tellin youself:
"Puters are PHUNN! ... I'm havin PHUNN yankin out my hair!"

:rolleyes:

4 Dog Mother
05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I was having trouble yesterday. I tried posting pictures of Jack and all I got was the little box with the red x in it. I also tried to post a new thread about my sister's cats and the same thing happened so I just gave up. Tonight I tried to post a picture in this thread of Taggert and on the preview it worked. Like Phred said aren't computers phunn?

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 08:00 PM

"just click" the prntscrn button (upper keyboard row - right end) ...
itīs "Print Screen" ...
then you just paste it to any program and save it, upload it and post

Well ... that's just a bit simplistic ... it leaves out a LOT of important steps!
Read On >>>

I tried it (Print Screen) and it didn't work.

It's easier to print counterfeit dollars than it is to use "Print Screen" ...
but if ya wanna know ... Here's the SCOOP!

The most important "step" is a LOTTA steps - Print Screen,
which works with ClipBook Viewer (for Windows XP),
saves its Files as ".clp" files --- which are about useless!
You have to CONVERT the saved .clp file to a more useful .jpg file that can be posted
or used as an "Attachment".

Here's a Very Well Written "How To" from a computer BBS >>>

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=15537 (http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=15537)

NOTE: You NEED "ClipBoard Viewer" or "ClipBook Viewer" - one of them is hidden
somewhere within Windows.

I'll try to rustle up a Screen Shot of my ShutterFly homey page.

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
What Phred sees when ShutterFly opens >>>

Page 1 to sign in on

After sign-in; the next two frames are the Top & Bottom of the "welcome page".

This BETTER work after all this GRIEF!

NUTZ ...

Shudda left 'em full size ... you might get the general idea.

I need a BREAK!
Not so sure 'putin is all that much Phunn!

:p

Logan
05-14-2008, 08:49 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db05b3127cce89df221906b000000016108AatXLZozcM8

Logan
05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Wow! I had to test that one. I didn't know we could link to Shutterfly. I guess they must have changed something. Nothing looks any different there to me, either. I just haven't used it in a long, long time.

kittycats_delight
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
to do a screen shot you will need to hit

Alt + print screen together
then open paint
click edit and paste (you should then have your screen shot in paint
then save it as whatever you want I use jpg.

That should work.

pitc9
05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Lets see if I can do that too Phred!

Yeahhh it worked!
See how my albums are now listed on the left??

I got a responce back from them:

Dear Angie,

Thank you for contacting Shutterfly.

I am afraid we do not have a way to post pictures outside Shutterfly in that manner. If you wish to post images to your personal blog, forum or webspace then you can share the images to your self. You will recieve an email with a link in it. Please copy and paste the link to your website or blog. Any one who clicks on the link can acess the images.

How to share images:

1) Sign into your account, and click the 'Share online' link on the navigation bar
2) Click an album to select photos from , or if you wish to share an entire album select the album and click "share this album" link
3) Otherwise, select specific images in an album or use the select 'all' link on the right-hand side
4) Click 'Next' to add to shared album
5)Choose a single album, or collection share. To review the difference visit the following URL
http://crmweb.shutterfly.com/cgi-bin/helpfly.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=357
6) Enter recipient(s), subject line,and the message (there is an option to send a copy of the are to your email address too)
6) When you have entered your message, click the 'Share Now' button. A page confirming your share should appear.

To manage or review past shares see the following answer:
http://www.shutterfly.com/help/main.jsp?a=362

Please let us know if we can offer any additional assistance.

Louis
Shutterfly Customer Service
[email protected]
Soooo.... since their layout change I can no longer repost my pictures??!?!
What the H$LL????
I'm lost.... actually.. I'm just moving all my pictures to photobucket or something....

pitc9
05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
After I sign in it looks the same till I click on "my albums"
and when I dbl click on a picture to view it full size

Logan
05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Angie, that is so strange. When I tested it, everything looked exactly the same as it always has, and I hadn't been to Shutterfly in ages! :confused:

I selected a picture, right clicked, clicked on Properties, copied the information and posted as I would from Photobucket.

Did you right click on the image itself, not the image in the album? I opened the picture I wanted, then right clicked.

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2008, 10:54 AM
:eek:

Sumbuddie *broke* ShutterFly! :(

Something seems to be afoot ... I can't get past the Sign-In page ...
after clicking "My Albums" ... a strange page only partially loads then stalls out ...
about half the click-links jump to an error page "temporarily not available".

Never did get a notice about any "changes" being made ...

Angie musta been the *First*!

I guess it's tyme for a deep breath and to spend some tyme elsewhere.

Stay tuned, Folks!

Husky_mom
05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Well ... that's just a bit simplistic ... it leaves out a LOT of important steps!

thatīs weird..... I mean I just click print screen then paste it on either pain, pain shop pro, photoshop, or corel photopaint.... and then just save as .jpg.... so not many steps at all....

the good thing, (well bad also as I DO have a few pics on shutterfly...) is most of mine are in Photobucket...

why is shutterfly so weird and not letting us link the pics, I read the response Angie got, and let me tell ya.... what a hassle if one wants to share!!...

oh and btw, here at work all pics seem normal... as I said before not sure if it has also something to do with the windows version or the IE / Firefox usage...

pitc9
05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Angie, that is so strange. When I tested it, everything looked exactly the same as it always has, and I hadn't been to Shutterfly in ages! :confused:

I selected a picture, right clicked, clicked on Properties, copied the information and posted as I would from Photobucket.

Did you right click on the image itself, not the image in the album? I opened the picture I wanted, then right clicked.

I've tried right clicking on the thumbnail photo and also I've dbl clicked it to view it in "normal" size and I right click and get nothing!!!

Husky_mom
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
for the love of me I canīt seem to recall my password... AND... I searches in all my email accounts and canīt seem to find anything..... is there a possibility that I donīt have one... now Iīm confused...

can anyone of you search for another memberīs name... if so can you look for husky_mom or huskymom.... and let me know?... thanks...

pitc9
05-14-2008, 11:42 AM
I looked and I don't see any way to look up other members.
Give this a try:
If you no longer have access to the email address you used with Shutterfly, please contact Customer Service
http://www.shutterfly.com/help/index.jsp

Logan
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
How strange! Here's another oldie. Can you see it? All I have to do is delete the first http:// and it posts.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d730b3127cce93a816befc2500000016108AatXLZozcM8

Logan
05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Angie, I just sent you a PM. Let me know what happens!

pitc9
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b7ce34b3127cce98548a2e090e00000028108AaMWTJi1cNT

would you look at this!!!!!

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8db20b3127cce985486bcb86100000017108AaMWTJi1cNT

I've found out that I can only re-post pictures here that have been added to an online album. So instead of just uploading them to the site ... the all have to be added to my online album.

Logan
05-14-2008, 12:04 PM
LOL! What I discovered is that if you share them, you can then post them. Wonders never cease!

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8db26b3127cce98549a30eb5b00000019108AaMWTJi1cNT

kittycats_delight
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
glad you guys got it figured out. Sorry I couldn't help with the shutterfly thing as I don't use it. I still use good ol' photobucket. I haven't had any issues with it so I stuck with it.

pitc9
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8db26b3127cce98549a3ceb5700000017108AaMWTJi1cNT

Now I have to fix my siggy....

Thank you all for your help!!

I don't understand why I'm the only one that is seeing Shutterfly's layout change. :confused: By the sound of if, maybe Phred's is in the process!!;)

Well if that's the case, never fear Phred... it's figured out now!!
In order to post any pictures you have to add them all to an online album!!

Logan, when you logged on as me, did you see the new layout?

pitc9
05-14-2008, 12:16 PM
oops... a little too big... :o give me a second to figure out how to make it a little smaller!

There... that's MUCH better!!

Thank you all for your help!!

Husky_mom
05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
before you did any siggy change, I saw it normal... now itīs a tad smaller.... nice size but smaller than before... will check it again on the house comp...(there it showed the mini 1 inch sig, letīs see if itīs fixed there)

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't understand why I'm the only one that is seeing Shutterfly's layout change. :confused:

In order to post any pictures,
you have to add them all to an online album!!

HOW'z come?? :confused:

I didn't have a Dawg in this fight ... and now I'm the one with a busted ShutterFly! :(

As for the "you have to add (photos) to an online album ..."
Uhhhh --- where else can you put them??? :confused:

When you upload photos, one of the steps is to pick either a New Album
-OR- name an existing Album ...
I never saw a thrid choice of "put 'em in my Pockit" or "stick 'em in the Klozit" as
an acceptable place to park a new photo.

Well ... I guess I'm happy all YOU GUYS are happie ...
wonder when *I'll* be able to use ShutterFly again?

pitc9
05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
When I upload my picture to Shutterfly, I upload them and put them in an album and from there I can right click on them and copy the properites and paste them between the & here on PT for all to see. And when I want to share an entire album I have to click on "SHARE" and add them to an online album and it gives me a direct link to use to pass to my friends or family that I want to share the album with.

But NOW..... in order to share pictures here on PT I have to add them to my online album.
I know that doesn't make any sence at all... after all, how are the pictures not already online once I upload them to their site???:confused:
So Phred... you still can't sign on at all??

Yikes.. what did I start?
:o

Logan
05-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Angie, yes, I did see a different layout when I signed in as you. That's why I started searching around to figure out how to choose one of your pictures to post. And I chose your lovely kitchen!!! :)

pitc9
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
And I chose your lovely kitchen!!! :)

Oh why thank you! :o
Our house is on the market and I took those to send to my agent!

Cinder & Smoke
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
So Phred ... you still can't sign on at all??

< deep sigh >
:mad:

Yup, I wuz *busted* till I got their "quick response" e-mail - 24 hours after I
sent the original question. Their "answer" arrived at 3:30 AM this morning. :rolleyes:

They said >>>

We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties while working on your pictures.
It seems that you were experiencing a temporary error.
To overcome this, please follow these instructions:

Go to your start button, settings, control panel, and click on Internet options.
When this opens do the following.

Under the general tab, click on the “delete cookies” and ...
and click okay.
Click on security tab make sure it is set to medium or lower.
(For IE6 click on the privacy tab and click on default.)
Lastly ... Click on apply and then okay.

Then connect to the Internet and try again to log onto Shutterfly.
Hopefully with all these adjustments you will be able to work without any difficulty.
If you continue to have difficulties you might try
using another browser like Firefox to log onto Shutterfly. :eek:
(Won't THAT suggestion go over well with Mr. I. Explorer!)

"They" were correct - I must have had a "scrambled cookie" in the 'puter
to match the "scrambled cookies" in my headbone! :p

NOTE: As with most other "troubleshooters" on a Help Desk, "They" suggested
several "other steps" that involved erasing cookie files and "restoring defaults" ...
steps that often aren't required to FIX the Problem and can un-do some of
your favorite features. Follow their suggestions ONE step at a time.

After (finally) signing into ShutterFly, I **STILL** don't notice any format or layout changes.

Now ... wasn't that PHUNN? ... NOT!

:p

pitc9
05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh goodness!! :eek:
Maybe that's what I have to do, because now I can't sign on!
Oh this is great!!
I'm glad we can both share in the Phunn!!