PDA

View Full Version : Hey Laura's Babies-One, one, one, one....

RICHARD
05-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I laughed when I saw this story....

--------------

Man poked shark in eye

An Australian man saved himself from being pulled under by a great white shark by poking it in the eye.

Jason Cull was swimming off Middleton Beach, Western Australia, when he saw a four-metre long grey shape in the water, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"Initially I thought it was a dolphin but when it came up and banged straight into me, I realised what it was," he said.

Mr Cull, a 37-year-old teacher, punched the shark but it grabbed him by the left leg and pulled him under the water.

"I remember being dragged backwards underwater," he said. "I felt along it, found its eye and I poked it in the eye. That's when it let go.?

When he reached the surface, he shouted a warning to other swimmers and began swimming backstroke towards the shore as the shark circled him.

"Eventually it took more of an interest in two other swimmers and swam towards them," he said.

Mr Cull was helped to shore by 50-year-old Joanne Lucas, a volunteer at the local surf club, who risked her life by entering the water to save him.

"Thankfully she took me into shore," he said. "I don't think I would have made it the rest of the way by myself."

He had a serious bite injury and was given first aid and oxygen on the beach, before being airlifted to hospital where he underwent surgery.

Laura's Babies
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
I love stories like this! There are not any sharks in the Mississippi River, at least I don't think there is, we see a alligator now and then but not sharks!

To think to poke it in the eye as it is dragging you off shows what a clear headed thinker he is in a emergency! WOW!

finn's mom
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow, that's incredible. I don't know if I'd be coherent enough to do anything like that.

lvpets2002
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
:eek: WOW quick thinking & such a very lucky man.. great story..

RICHARD
05-13-2008, 01:02 PM
There I was, minding my own business when I saw this guy swimming on the surface of the water.

I decided to get a better look at him. I swam closer and noticed that he was a pretty tasty morsel, so i tried to make him a quick snack.

Everything was going well until he poked me in the eye. I let go and I could hear him saying "One, one, one, one..." as I swam away!...

;)

Laura's Babies
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
OMG!!! NOW I get it!! I am rolling on the floor laughing!!!!

lvpets2002
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
:p Oh I get it now.. The story of Laura looking in the fence.. DaDa