PDA

View Full Version : New Cat Playhouse

jazzcat
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Richard got a new grill for his birthday and we turned the large box into a cat playhouse. We cut out a door at each end and a little window on each side. They love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/2008/IMG_0251.jpg

aki
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
isn't it funny how you can buy them all these toys and beds and stuff, and they just like either common everyday things to play with? LOL!

sig's new fav toy is my white laundry basket. he tips it on the side and then gets it rolling with him in it, sticking his paws thru the holes

Aki :D

catmandu
05-12-2008, 06:04 PM
AND THE GREAT THING IS THAT ONE BOX THATS NOT GOING TO END UP IN THE LANDFILL, AND FOR A FREE ITEM, YOUR CATS ARE GOING TO HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF FUN!!!
THATS CERTAINLY LIKE THE STORY OF THE KIDS AT CHRISTMAS WHERE THEY PLAY WITH THE BOXES INSTEAD OF THE TOYS.
:love::cool::love::cool::love::cool::love::cool:

momcat
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
What a wonderful idea! Your sweet kitties are having a blast playing and hiding in their big new playhouse. Pure genius, Meowmie!

moosmom
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
For the life of me, I have no idea what it is with cats and boxes!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
What a great idea. My cats love boxes too.:)

Killearn Kitties
05-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Look how popular it is! Are you going to decorate your cat mansion? Perhaps a bit of re-inforcement around the roof area?

What a palace it could be! :D

jenluckenbach
05-13-2008, 06:22 AM
:love: :D :love: :D

Great idea!

Medusa
05-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Honestly, cats and kids. They both prefer the box over the toy that it came in. What a great playhouse for your furkids!

Laura's Babies
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I busted out laughing! There they all are enjoying their new house, inside, on the top and waiting to get in. GREAT Picture!

Hay! I got a big box here that was headed to the dumpster!

GILL
05-13-2008, 10:10 AM
COME ON. Every body nos that all boxs MUST go through cat inspection frist

jazzcat
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Look how popular it is! Are you going to decorate your cat mansion? Perhaps a bit of re-inforcement around the roof area?

What a palace it could be! :D
LOL, what a good idea! Actually it's too large to keep for long. I will be having company in a month so it can't stay longer than that. I don't think it will last that long anyway because of the roof falling in and I can't figure out how to reinforce it. Tape doesn't hold more than one hefty cat at a time.

aki
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
someone on here did have quite the box cat house, with shutters and shingles and a front porch. i can't remember who tho. it was quite the place and there were several cute pics of her cats enjoying it. looking out the windows and stuff.

aki :D

Killearn Kitties
05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
someone on here did have quite the box cat house, with shutters and shingles and a front porch. i can't remember who tho. it was quite the place and there were several cute pics of her cats enjoying it. looking out the windows and stuff.

That would be our darling Peanut, may she rest in peace. :)

aki
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwww! peanut is with my chuck :love:

that house was better than any my papi ever made for us kids. LOL!

aki :D

Jessika
05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
And that's why I love cats -- they love the cheap toys! Cardboard boxes, balls of lint, empty walmart bags...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm still catching up on PT after being away for a few months (too many months!), but I just had to comment on this one because my first reaction when I saw the pic was to think of Peanut and her house too. I was thinking I should ask Lori if she wanted me to send her the .jpg I used for the Peanut's brick siding. Alas, Peanut only sat IN her house, not ON it, so I have no recommendations for shoring up the roof, and seeing as how this post is a little old, I fear the box has already made its way to the dumpster.

Thanks Aki, for remembering seeing Peanut's little mansion, and thanks Karen letting her know it was Peanut. One more thanks - thanks Lori, for bringing a smile to my face as I remember my little sweetie girl who I miss so very much. :(:)

Oh, by the way, when we sold the house almost 2 years ago now (!), I donated her house to a local shelter. They were thrilled to have it and thought it was the cutest thing in the world. It's probably in the dumpster by now too since I'm sure it got quite a workout from all the cats at the shelter, but at least I'm sure it provided plenty of pleasure for plenty of kitties before it met its demise.

lvpets2002
07-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Cute & the babies are so Adorable.. Yes its always amazing to go pay $20.00 for a cat toy & throw the box down it came in & there is where the cats will be is with the box.. :D

jennielynn1970
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
That playhouse is great!

Gotta say, I'm just in love with the grill that went inside of it!! That sucker is loaded!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
ROTFL!!

I did the same thing for my cats last week
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/house3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/house2.jpg

aki
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks Aki, for remembering seeing Peanut's little mansion, and thanks Karen letting her know it was Peanut. One more thanks - thanks Lori, for bringing a smile to my face as I remember my little sweetie girl who I miss so very much. :(:)

np! i miss seeing those pics. they were fun.

wow you guys are creative! maya and inca's house is pretty nice too :D

Freedom
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I best not show this thread to my crew; they will be demanding a BOX!:D

I really do love that first pic with the 2 on the roof, one in and one in front. Great shot!

jazzcat
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately the playhouse is no longer here. After a month of hard wear and tear from seven cats (plus a couple doses of Rumor's famous hairballs - ick!) we had to retire it to the cardboard recycling center.

Glad it gave you smile Debbie. I always loved seeing pictures of Peanut and her house.:)