PDA

View Full Version : Fister being brushed - video

Randi
05-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Well, I finally got some pics and video’s transferred to my computer and uploaded. These are from 2-3 weeks ago, but it’s the same procedure every day. :) Fister is waiting for me to finish my breakfast - and then it’s time for a good brushing.

Since I came back from England, he has a new brush, whish really get some hairs off, but I’m still using using the old one too, although he also enjoys the new one. I think it’s a bit rough though.

As you can see, I brush him along the gums to prevent tartar build-up, and my vet thinks that’s a brilliant idea.

Here are two video clips - enjoy!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Video%20clips/?action=view&current=P4090016.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Video%20clips/?action=view&current=P4090017.flv

The quality loss is quite big on Photobucket, unfortunately, but the mp4 I have, PT won't accept. Sorry!

smokey the elder
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I can tell he just LOVES being brushed!

Cinder & Smoke
05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
That was / is AMAZING! :cool:

Ole Boots da Kat would "put up with" a brushing for about 30 seconds ...
IF I was holding onto him with at least one handpaw!

The idea of him just laying there for a whole session?? Never happened!
He would *PURR* on occasion; but he was just as often likely to *reach out and TOUCH someone* with his claws fully extended! :eek:

I usally quit when the *Purrr* was replaced by the **Grrrrrrr**!
That was also about the time the Mutts quit *watching* and moved out of the room.

Fuzzybuns
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
That second one was cracking me up! He's got a look of extreme pleasure...almost like he could start drooling but he never blinked (except for when your were getting the top of his head)...maybe he was afraid it'd all go away.
He sure is a handsome marmalade boy!

My Toby will stay for a good brushing too. He'll roll from side to side and top to bottom, directing where the next stroke should be. He has a very dense coat and he's always willing for a good going over...I've managed to keep brushing for up to 30 minutes.

Edwina's Secretary
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Wait until I get home tonight and show this to Eddie! He will not believe that his good buddy Fister LOVES to be brushed.

Here's hoping it inspires him! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I cannot get over how much Fister loves being brushed! You can brush a whole cat in one sitting! That is an impossibility here. Jessica would be Grrrrrr-ing just like Phred's Boots. Samantha and Daisy would just wriggle till you let them go.

What a sweetheart Fister is.

momcat
05-12-2008, 06:40 PM
It would be great if Fister could talk to Groucho about how good it feels to be brushed. Groucho will tolerate brushing for a very short time then takes off even though I keep telling him his lovely Inka would find him even more handsome after he's brushed and groomed.

catmandu
05-12-2008, 07:40 PM
THE ONLY CAT WHO TOLERATES BEING BRUSHED IS MICHAEL.
IT MUST BE SOMETHING ABOUT THE OWESOME ORANGE SENIORS THAT MAKES THEM SO AGREEABLE, AS THE OTHER FOUND CATS WOULD HARDLY SIT STILL FOR ALL THAT GROOMING.
:cool::cool::cool::love::cool::love::cool::love::l ove:

Pam
05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I loved the videos! What a neat angle to view from and the close-ups of Fister were terrific. He sure was soaking up every minute of it and I could hear the happy purring in the second one. :) Trevor always loved to be brushed but couldn't sit still. He would get up and walk back and forth in front of me, rubbing himself all over me during a groom. He would allow me to groom him for however long I wanted to. Andy tolerates it for about one minute. :p

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Great videos.:) Fister sure is a very good boy and loves being brushed.:) Storm and Sunny are my best most tolerant cats and the rest try to run after a few seconds.

Laura's Babies
05-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I laughed and laughed! That last one I asked him if that was him purring that I heard and somebody moved the camera up to get it better. I laughed and laughed.... He loves it as much as mine do. Amy would lay there and let you brush her until she was completely bald, she will turn over for me and go tummy up.. and purrs the whole time. In the meantime, Giz is right there! Waiting her turn but she likes to be brushed on the move as she walks back and forth so you can get one side, then the other. Boo has learned to get a front row seat and get her place in line to be brushed too now that she knows what it feels like. Samantha is the only one who don't get in line at my house...

To me, it is individual, one on one time and ever so special to me to share those times with them even if I am the one doing the work.

gini
05-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh Mom, I LOVE YOU!!!!

Medusa
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Wow! My Fur Posse could sure take a lesson from Fister. I lose count at how many times they bat the brush out of my hand. Fister sure does love it!

Sonia59
05-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Great videos! I watched them several times :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Good boy, Fister!!!
Non of my cats love to be brushed; trying to brush Inka is "life-treatening" !!!!

jazzcat
05-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh I love the videos! I just wanted to reach out and scratch under his chin in that second one.

Jazz could hear him purring and showed up to rub against the monitor, LOL.

Randi
05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your nice comments. :) I can tell you one thing... Fister certainly didn't like to be brushed when I first tried. It took a long time and a lot of patience, but then he got addicted to it. :D

I'm in the habit of laying the brush on his scratching post and it's next to it I brush him, and he definately knows where that brush is, and shows me the way, should I forget. LOL!

The bottom line is... with patience, you can do things you never dreamed of. ;)

ChrisH
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
What a good boy! Lovely vids, Randi, thanks for sharing.

koxka
05-13-2008, 04:39 PM
... and he definately knows where that brush is, and shows me the way, should I forget. LOL!

LOL.:D

On the second video, hi is all : Oh, yeah, yeah, please don't stop!:D