PDA

View Full Version : vacation spots?

angelbow20
05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on good or fun places to go on vacations? We want to go somewhere for a few days this summer and cant think of a fun place to go. It has to be child friendly since my 4 year old son will be going.

Karen
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
What part of the US are you in, so we can recommend things close-ish?

angelbow20
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I live in Pa....
We didnt want to travel too far but if they ideas are really neat we might just go somewhere farther.. We went to disney world last year..

Medusa
05-13-2008, 06:39 AM
If, as you say, you're willing to travel, I highly recommend Sedona, AZ. You can hike, walk trails, mountain climb free hand, see Native American culture and entertainment and eat at some wonderful 5 star restaurants. There are some magnificent shops there, too. I lived there for two years and the mountains took my breath away every single day. If you do go, be sure to visit the Chapel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright that sits inside the mountainside. Bell Rock is another attraction; people get married there all the time; they even prefer it to the Chapel. If you're interested in staying in a resort, there are several to choose from, although I'm hardpressed to remember the names of them at the moment. Let us know where you decide to go.

Scooter's Mom
05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
If, as you say, you're willing to travel, I highly recommend Sedona, AZ. You can hike, walk trails, mountain climb free hand, see Native American culture and entertainment and eat at some wonderful 5 star restaurants. There are some magnificent shops there, too. I lived there for two years and the mountains took my breath away every single day. If you do go, be sure to visit the Chapel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright that sits inside the mountainside. Bell Rock is another attraction; people get married there all the time; they even prefer it to the Chapel. If you're interested in staying in a resort, there are several to choose from, although I'm hardpressed to remember the names of them at the moment. Let us know where you decide to go.

While I love Sedona, I don't think a 4 year old would. It's got a beautiful positive energy to it though! I go there when I just need to "recharge". It'd be great for you. Slide Rock State Park is nearby so you could take your son there, maybe.

Cataholic
05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Michigan, somewhere on the lake. Relatively close by, nice, clean beaches, fresh water, cooler temps (some places can get super hot in the summer).