PDA

View Full Version : Good vibes please! Kai's at the whitecoat's

binka_nugget
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
My boy is at the vet's right now for a tooth extraction, sutures for an owie, and microchipping. I always worry sick when one of them goes under anesthesia. Good vibes for a safe procedure for my boy please! :)

Karen
05-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Aww, it'll be okay, mom! Prayers on the way!

MoonandBean
05-12-2008, 12:39 PM
God, please bless and protect Kai while he's at the vet today.

cassiesmom
05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
God, please bless and protect Kai while he's at the vet today.

Kai's Mommy too please, God.

MoonandBean
05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh Yes! My bad :)

pitc9
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
{{HUGS}}} thinking of you and your boy!!!

Logan
05-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Best wishes for Kai!!!! Don't worry too much, Mom. :)

Freedom
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Thinking of Kai and mom; should be all over by now. Let us know once home, ok?

lizbud
05-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Best of luck at the Vets Kai & hope you feel better soon.

binka_nugget
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
He's still not home :( I called after work to let them know I was coming to get him. He was still under anesthesia at that point. They noticed the other side was fractured so they removed it as well. I'm furious they did it without telling me! The only reason I got the tooth removed was because they said he'd have his other side. Now he has neither.. I would have opted for a root canal for the other side had I known. :mad::mad: I have to call in half an hour to find out if I can pick him up today or not. He may be staying overnight :( I really wish they would have told me because I'm dipping into my visa to pay for this now.. my estimate didn't include overnight supervision or the extra tooth. I don't mind paying but eesh! It would have been nice to know before hand! Ugh!

chocolatepuppy
05-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Geez Ashley, sorry to hear about Kai's teeth.:( I hope he's home soon and it doesn't hurt your pocketbook too much.

Ginger's Mom
05-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh, I expected to hear he was home by now. Sorry to hear things didn't go as expected. Hope Kai is home soon and recovering with his family.

Karen
05-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Poor Kai! (And poor visa card! Yeah, unexpected is the worst part.) I hope he feels much better after the extraction, anyway, and that he will be more comfortable in the days to come.

binka_nugget
05-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the good vibes guys!

My boy is back home :D Kai has spent most of the evening sleeping. Kaedyn and Keeva seem to sense that their brother isn't feeling well because they've been unusually quiet and well behaved.

I tried feeding Kai earlier. His first small meal was a rice congee w/meat.. he hadn't eaten in over 28 hours so I wantee to start with something bland and small. I eventually offered him some kibble soaked in warm water but he didn't want it. He tried to go after Kaedyn's food, which is exactly the same thing minus the water. He can't have it, of course. I can't cook for him every day since I work two jobs and have long days, and there's no way he can eat his regular kibble right now.. so I think the lucky boy is going to be eating ground meat during his recovery. Easier to hide all his meds too (and boy, there are LOTS!)

Here's my poor boy :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/IMG_4002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/IMG_4004.jpg

bckrazy
05-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Oh, Kai! Poor little boy... look at that face. :(

I'm glad he's home and he's recovering. Kaibaby deserves some ground meat! And lots of hugs, of course.

That BLOWS, about your Vet extracting the other molar without even consulting you. Ugh... I hate that. We were just talking about how annoying that is in the other thread, and look what happens! I'm sorry, Ashley, that really isn't cool.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh poor Kai - hope you perk up soon buddy

Sparklecoon
05-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Sending get well soon vibes for beautiful little Kai.

Freedom
05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Just catching up on the developments.

Sweet Kai, sleep and rest, you WILL feel better after all is healed.

Sorry for the unexpected extraction.

MoonandBean
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
So nice of you to let him rest on your slippers :)

Feel better soon Kai!!!!!!!:love: