PDA

View Full Version : What would you buy?...

Husky_mom
05-12-2008, 12:12 PM
last time my brother went overseas.. he went to France and Italy... and several... and he bought me perfume.... perfume=France, pizza= Italy (yummy)

now the lucky duck is going to China (school thing)....soooo.... what can I ak him to get me from there??

I have no clue and I really want him to get me something from there but i have no clue what??... I wa thinking perhaps clothes (maybe for me and some baby/toddler/kid) or maybe a lense for my camera.... I´m not sure... maybe some decor thingy....

what would you get??

binka_nugget
05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
You can get anything in China! Our family always goes nuts when one of us travels there. I'd ask for lenses, maybe even a new digital camera and a phone LOL. My dad picked up a new phone there before it was even released here and got my brother a Canon G9 before it was released in Canada (for even cheaper than it's going for now! :D)

Karen
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Pearls or jade - much, much less expensive there, especially if you haggle.

lvpets2002
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Pearls or jade - much, much less expensive there, especially if you haggle.
;) Oh yes have him bring you some Jade.. Its Awesome..

Husky_mom
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I was seriously thinking of a new camera maybe a Rebel... or a NikonD something..... but how much would they be??.... he goes the 19th.... so I need to crash the piggy bank LOL....

I wanted to get a telephoto and a wide angle.... but the idea of a newer one is way better... then i can seriously tink going pro hehe.....

and a phone!! what a nice idea!!... since I lost my last one and it might have gone that way LOL....

tha only thing with phones is can I have it unblocked or to even function in this side of the world?... I ask because if I buy a phone in U.S. I need it to get decoded or something and soem functions would not be functional.... weird...

binka_nugget
05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry.. can't help you with the price. :p

Yeah, I believe you'd have to get it unlocked to work with your service provider. I got one from China and while it works to call and receive, not all of the functions (like MSN and internet) work. :\ It is pretty though! LOL

Husky_mom
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
as long as it takes calls, text msgs, and pics.... thats all I need... :)
any add ons are a plus... like ringtones and stuff....

I´ll check prices over the net but thank you for bringing the subject on... I need to reconsider it :D

and precious stones....I´m not too fond of them (I don´t like expensive lil thing I would loose the very first day LOL)... but they sound great and I mihgt now have a use for them... thanks for the suggestion :D

Karen
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
as long as it takes calls, text msgs, and pics.... thats all I need... :)
any add ons are a plus... like ringtones and stuff....

I´ll check prices over the net but thank you for bringing the subject on... I need to reconsider it :D

and precious stones....I´m not too fond of them (I don´t like expensive lil thing I would loose the very first day LOL)... but they sound great and I mihgt now have a use for them... thanks for the suggestion :D

He can get you a jade carving that you can keep around, it doesn't have to be jewelry, though that is nice, too. We have a lovely little stack of turtles in a pretty light-green jade that sits on our kitchen table. We got it in China, at a factory where you could see pieces being carved.

Medusa
05-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm w/Karen on this one; jade is wonderful. If you get a figurine, you can see it every day. And it comes in so many beautiful colors. Jewelry, though, would be my choice, so jade jewelry or pearls.