PDA

View Full Version : So, at the wedding.. guess who?

CountryWolf07
05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
So, guess who got the bouquet, and guess who got the garter? Yup, me and Mike. I wasn't planning to stand and catch it! When they announced it was time to do that, Mike told me to go stand there because I was single.. and I was like, okay.. and his cousin goes "LOOK AT RACHEL! SHE'S THE FIRST ONE and she's ready!" and I just laughed.

It was literally thrown at me. Then I heard Mike caught the garter, and I didn't believe it until he walked up to me and he had it in his hand. So, he and I had to go to the middle of the dance floor, and I had to sit on the chair and let him slip it on my leg, oh being the guy he is, he tried to go further with this mischievous smile on his face and I slapped his hand, and everyone in the room were laughing. I was so red. Everyone was saying I was going to marry him. I just said, "We'll see".. ;)

Is that tradition just made up or true? LOL. I don't know, but.. the reception was A LOT of fun! We danced a lot, laughed a lot, drank a lot.. well I did, but it was a good time!!

The bride & groom danced to "God Bless the Broken Road" by RF. :) The father/daughter danced to "I Loved her First" by Heartland..

It was sweet... and I got teary eyed.

Here's a picture of us:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v237/87/67/12449168/n12449168_42332917_2476.jpg

shais_mom
05-11-2008, 10:06 PM
seee Nuttin to worry about! :D

CountryWolf07
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Ha, all I have to do is to go with my gut instinct and just trust it. ;)

Medusa
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a good tradition to me! You both look so happy in the pic. All's well that ends well, right? :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear it!

gini
05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I am glad that your weekend turned out just great!

We are women - we let our imagination run wild on us - we worry.
That's why it is always good to keep your women friends close - they will help you keep a healthy balance. You can talk to them - they will understand and "go with your gut" is excellent advice!

:love::love:

MoonandBean
05-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Glad to see things worked out :)

finn's mom
05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
That's a great photo of you two! Very cool that you both caught the garter and bouquet! :)

moosmom
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
I used to LOVE diving for the flowers. Caught a few in my day and still single (and loving it). That is a great picture of you two. You make a great couple!! I'll PM you my address so my invitation doesn't get lost in the mail, LOL.:p

jackie
05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
What an awesome story!

You both look great in the picture.

Catsnclay
05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Well............. The girl & guy that caught the bouquet/garter at our wedding ..........

:love::love::love: got married!!!! :love::love::love:

........it may just work for you & Mike, too!! :D