PDA

View Full Version : Want to take a walk? (Not for those afraid of heights!)

Pam
05-11-2008, 09:03 AM
I hate heights so I received this today from my nasty old brother-in-law! It is amazing!

http://www.flixxy.com/el-camino-del-rey.htm

k9krazee
05-11-2008, 09:16 AM
That is really neat!!! Just some of those pathways...uuhh, no thanks :eek:

lizbud
05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
OMG, I only made it to the first set of stairs before I started to get
sick.:eek: I'll try again later.....maybe.:)

lvpets2002
05-11-2008, 09:33 AM
:eek: Oh WEOW I Made the whole video.. Loved the video as long as someone else was doing the walking.. Great Mother Nature Adventure..

Laura's Babies
05-11-2008, 09:51 AM
That was to creepy! NO WAY I would ever attempt that.. I couldn't watch it all...

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2008, 10:07 AM
O ... M ... G!

:eek:

<g-g-g-g-g-g-G-GASP>!

WATCH your step!

Wonder who goes up to "get" the hikers who freeze up and
can't continue in either direction?
I didn't notice any skeletons ... but ya gotta wonder ... :p

shepgirl
05-11-2008, 10:09 AM
My friend in Spain had sent me a postcard picture of this. Beatiful to look at but not for me to try it.

HoochsMommiee
05-11-2008, 10:39 AM
beauitful sceens but there is no way on god's green earth would i do that NO WAY

Now my question is there were parts missing where you walked how in the heck did they make it over with out falling..

Taz_Zoee
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
That was crazy!! If I was in better shape, I might try it.

Now my question is there were parts missing where you walked how in the heck did they make it over with out falling..

If you notice the one guy, the camera person passed, had on harness gear with clips (carabineers) to keep himself clipped to the cord that ran along the side of the mountain. But apparently the camera person did NOT have that going on and they were walking pretty fast. My guess on the parts where there was no path, they balanced themselves with one hand against the mountain (maybe) and walked across just the pipe. That would be the most difficult part for me.
I'd have to say the person that filmed this has walked that path many times.

wolf_Q
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Very cool video! I've been on hiking trails that are narrow like that with a big drop off on the side......but I wouldn't dare do that, there's no way I'd walk across just the bars where sections of the pathway are missing. :eek: If the trail was repaired entirely and had a rail on the side all the way I'd walk on it.

KYS
05-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Pam,
I could not watch the whole video.
I was starting to feel light headed. lol
(I am afraid of heights too.) I walked up the windy stairs of the Statue
of Liberty and almost did not make it down.)
When I was younger my X and I walked up one of the trails at
Yosemite Natl Park. and I was crawling up part of the way on my hands and knees because I was afraid to stand. lol

dukedogsmom
05-11-2008, 12:05 PM
That was too scary to watch even with someone else doing it. I stopped at about 1:35 when there was a big gap with no concrete. I can't believe they did that walk and filmed it while doing so.

Jessika
05-11-2008, 12:12 PM
That creeped me out more than I thought it would cause I normally don't react to videos the same as I would if it were in "real life". But I caught myself holding my breath a couple times and wincing!!

Medusa
05-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I could do that if I wanted to. I just don't want to. :rolleyes: Yeah. I can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm going to send this link to my son. He probably won't even be able to watch it. When we went to the the Grand Canyon, he was a real dud. He wouldn't go to the rail and look down. He may as well have stayed home. :D

gini
05-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Someone sent me this link and I thought I was going to be ill watching it.

The minute I opened this up and realized what it was I closed it..........uh uh, not twice - I am not going there!!!:D

phesina
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Better him than me!

ramanth
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
That looks like so much fun. :D

lizbud
05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
OMG, the 2nd half is worse than the first.:eek: Never, no way Jose.:)

Pam
05-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Someone sent me this link and I thought I was going to be ill watching it.

I felt the same way Gini but I forced myself to watch it all the way through. Then I wrote my BIL and told him how I was practically nauseous. He said "that's why I sent it." Ya gotta love some people! :p

Louie and me
05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I'd love to take that hike - love heights. Trouble is at my age the steps alone would kill me.

jenluckenbach
05-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I am STILL dizzy! I actually felt like I was going to fall at one point.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh my goodness! I couldn't watch the whole thing either. Less than 2 minutes into it I had to stop so I could breathe. I may try to watch more later.

Suki Wingy
05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
That was fun. :D You could see his or her line, they were probably waring a harness, so it was safe. You can tell I took high adventure for gym class!

finn's mom
05-11-2008, 11:40 PM
That is intense, so so so beautiful, though! It would take me forever to get through it. One, I would be tiptoeing and would have to pause for breathers, and two...I'd be taking photos of everything. :D I am so scared of heights, but I'd love to do it...only if I was harnessed to that cable, though.

Freedom
05-12-2008, 08:41 AM
I suspect that the camera was attached to a hard hat type thing. did you look at his shadow? His arms aren't raised to hold a camera. And I think he had the harness, and increased the speed for this video, to make it more . . . well, just MORE!

I laughed at the shadow -- IT was staying well on the inside! Just the sun angle, but it made me chuckle.

No way I could ever do that myself. I walked up one level on the Eiffel Tower (from level 1 to 2; never went to the top not even in the elevator as we ran out of time);panicked and got 'stuck' for almost 20 minutes. People actually PASSED me!

Pam
05-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Well I am really a wimp. We used to vacation in New Hampshire and would go on hikes. I remember one hike we went on where I was just afraid to go higher. It was over rocks and the walk got steeper (not like the nice trails that I had been on that wound slowly upward). I stayed at the bottom of that last part of the climb. So close, but I just couldn't do it. I said I would be happy to look at the pictures that the others took from up there. :p

Pawsitive Thinking
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
:eek: I felt ill just watching it...

BitsyNaceyDog
05-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I suspect that the camera was attached to a hard hat type thing. did you look at his shadow? His arms aren't raised to hold a camera. And I think he had the harness, and increased the speed for this video, to make it more . . . well, just MORE!
I think he is holding the camera. Right before he got on a bride you can see a good whole body shot of his shadow and both arms are raised at that point. He also doesn't seem to be wearing a hat. I really hope he (or she) isn't carrying the camera by hand though. Though it's hard to tell from a shadow, I thought the person kind of looked like a woman. Who knows?

I'm sure you're right about him speeding it up, I can't imagine he'd be able to walk it that fast. I'm not sure if he was wearing a harness or not, he passed others easily and he would have had to unclip his harness to pass them (which he may have done). There was also parts where it seemed as though the harness cable wasn't available, so even if he was harnessed for some of it I don't think he was for all of it. Just some of my observations.

CountryWolf07
05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I would do it.

Logan
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
No way!!!!!! :p I found out on an outdoor adventure course that I have a fear of heights. I love rollercoasters and I always thought I might one day jump from a plane with a parachute, but my Neurosurgeon has told me that I can never do that again. I think that is ok with me.

Pam, I had to close it, but only because my phone was ringing. LOL!!

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Heights don't really bother me so I had no problems watching the video, but I could not have walked across those bars without being roped up. My balance isn't great, and I would not have been happy doing that.

I assumed the camera was mounted on his forehead.

RICHARD
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh, so you had to get the rest of us queasy?:eek:

My thirll seeker days ended a long time ago. I have built in danger indicators that let me know when I am "Close to the Edge".

My man vegetables start to shift around and get tingly.:confused::rolleyes:

Medusa
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
My man vegetables start to shift around and get tingly.:confused::rolleyes:

Did you ever catch me off guard w/that one! I'm still laughing! My son says that about heights, too. Hilarious! :p