PDA

View Full Version : Freaky........

slleipnir
08-26-2002, 09:32 PM
I know this has nothing to do with pets, but anyway..its freaking me out..A few weeks ago, a women was killed not to far from the Mall here (5-10mins from my house) And it's pretty small here, and there is almost no killings here at all. Not in town where I live anyway. I don't remember the last time it happened. Anyway..I just stay away from that area alone and such, but my friend e-mails me today saying a friend of her bro's girlfriends just had this freaky run-in. She was at the mall, when she came out and her tire had been slashed. Some guy noticed her trouble and offered to help change the tire. After, I guess he either wanted a drive, or she was going to offer one. She thought something creepy of him, so told him she forgot something in the mall, and got a security guard. When they returned, the guy was gone, and they found a rope and a knife under her front seat (I guess the guy was expecting a drive..) They suspect maybe it was the same guy who killed the lady....Urg, its just so freaky, I go to that mall ALL the time to go to the movies..I always have the door locked though, and have someone with me, but I so couldn't imagen that happening to me..Anyway, I guess this isn't a good type of post for a friendly chat, but I'm just freaked out..

Soledad
08-26-2002, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is of any comfort, because it could very well have happened, but I've heard that story before in emails. Kind of an urban legend. Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but just know that not everything that circulates in emails is true. I've heard the same story before. Feel any better?

gini
08-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Soledad is correct. There are many scary hoaxes going around on the internet and you might be the victim of one of the hoaxes. It may be innocent on the part of your friend, because she heard it from someone else on on and on.

Go to this site: http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org

and there is a heading for scary hoaxes. There is one on the site about women and flat tires in the mall that is very similar to your story.

Sadly, you cannot always believe everything you hear. But it never hurts to be extra cautious.

anna_66
08-27-2002, 06:57 AM
So..do you know this girl? Is it not just a internet thingie....actually someone you or your brother knows? This would freak me out too:eek: :eek:

slleipnir
08-27-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure if this is of any comfort, because it could very well have happened, but I've heard that story before in emails. Kind of an urban legend. Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but just know that not everything that circulates in emails is true. I've heard the same story before. Feel any better?

No, the women getting killed was in the news, its true, and the girl this happened to is my friend (not over internet) 's brother's girlfriend, I really don't think she made it up.

lovemymaltese
08-27-2002, 01:41 PM
oh my! You be so very carefull and don't trust starngers. I know that sounds very childish, but I think that it is one of the best bits of information that we can learn in life. That girl was very smart to do what she did, she saved her own life. Again, be careful we would like to keep you here at Pet talk.

gini
08-27-2002, 01:55 PM
I am really sorry that this has happened. I know that you will be extra cautious and it probably isn't a good idea to go to the mall alone. Can you have a "buddy" system so someone goes with you? Please take good care of yourself.

slleipnir
08-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'm still not positive its true, but you never know. My friend thinks its not because she thinks 'no one would come up to help her, so why would she trust him' or something. But, a lot of ppl are nice enough to come and help here, I guess she just doesn't know of them. Anyway, all I know is its possible, especially with a killer around. I don't go to the mall alone anyway, and I've always been super catious of ppl I don't know (Yeah, I'm a freak) lol. I haven't seen anything in the news about it though..not sure if that would be or not..

Soledad
08-27-2002, 08:01 PM
I think that since this story is so similar to the urban legend, it's probably false or has been modified. Regardless, though, it doesn't hurt to be extra cautious. I remember lots of people in my town circulating stories like this and saying that it had actually happened to their cousin/friend/etc. but had obviously been a story. I guess the police would issue a warning in the press if it was true.