PDA

View Full Version : Teacherīs Day gift...

Husky_mom
05-09-2008, 12:30 PM
planning ahead for Teacherīs Day... (May 15th)... I ordered some of these candles which I think are cute (they are the size of a big apple) and a nice gesture gift...

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=17719406_4657.jpg&v=O

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=17719406_3157.jpg&v=O

soooo... I told hubby and he asked me to get one for him for one of his former teachers, which has been a great motivator for him....

and the "issue" here was: we went to his parents house and he told them very excited what I had bought

he said: "mom, Isabel just got some very nice apples for Teacherīs day, they are just a lil something for the teachers on their day and I got another one for my teacher "X"... they are candles inside"...."what do you think?"

and she just stayed MUTE.... I knew what she was thinking..... so he asked her again what she thought of them... and she replied after a few mute seconds...

"I wouldnīt have bought them" and hubby asked why, and she said "because itīs so cheap and small" (and making a face of being disgusted or if she was smelling a rotting thing)... and I was like WHAT?!!... what do you want me to get them? A HOUSE? A CAR? or maybe a 24K 1,000 jewelry?!!

I donīt undertand her.... what is her problem??!!... oh wait... I know... ME!!... LOL...

well I donīt care, anyway itīs not her whoīs buying them or giving them, so back off!!.. you do your thing I do mine!!

sorry for the sharing turning into vent....

lvpets2002
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
:) hEY such a very neat idea.. Those are so cute..

Karen
05-09-2008, 02:13 PM
They are cute, and a nice token of appreciation. Which is more than most teachers will likely get!

MoonandBean
05-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I think they're awesome...especially for a teacher (the whole apple thing :) ). Very thoughtful of you and they WILL be appreciated by those they were intended for.

Husky_mom
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
thank you!!... I KNEW I wasnīt wrong in this....:rolleyes: MILīs...:mad: (at least mine :p)

all I care is if the teachers like them... which Iīņm sure they will :D

Freedom
05-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Um, you DO know the one on the left is a pear, right? LOL.

I think those are quite nice for the teachers! Better than giving them perfume or soap, which they get a lot. So this is different!

Husky_mom
05-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Um, you DO know the one on the left is a pear, right? LOL.

LOL yeah!!... that is the pic I got from the seller... I just got apples :D

shepgirl
05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Husky mom your MIL is totally wrong and saying what she did is rude.
I thought they were priceless because of the old standby "apple for the teacher" thing. I would give them to the teachers and ignore what was said. They were meant for the teachers and I think they will love them. It really isn't what you give, it's the thought that counts. My mom was a teacher and until the day she died she treasured and kept all those little gifts from her students.

MoonandBean
05-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I have to wonder if your husband is the kind of person who always doubts himself, can't make decisions easily, etc...what with growing up with a mother like that. You weren't raised by her so you will be much less likely to take her cr** and that is a good thing!

Husky_mom
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Husky mom your MIL is totally wrong and saying what she did is rude.
I thought they were priceless because of the old standby "apple for the teacher" thing. I would give them to the teachers and ignore what was said. They were meant for the teachers and I think they will love them. It really isn't what you give, it's the thought that counts. My mom was a teacher and until the day she died she treasured and kept all those little gifts from her students.

I completely ignored her comment....well it did bother me but Iīm used to her acting like that... so I took it as it came and let it pass... LOL I too agree the thought is what counts

I have to wonder if your husband is the kind of person who always doubts himself, can't make decisions easily, etc...what with growing up with a mother like that. You weren't raised by her so you will be much less likely to take her cr** and that is a good thing!

do you know him?.. LOL.... that is why he always changes plans on me last minute :rolleyes:...
and you bet... Iīm glad sheīs not my mom LOL... and I bet THAT flips her out of her mind, as I donīt do as she likes ... too bad for her...:D :D