PDA

View Full Version : books

critters
05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I got catmandu hooked on John Lamb's Teddy Bear Mysteries, and he, in turn, got me hooked on Nero Wolfe. :D I also like Harry Potter, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum ("14" is coming out June 17, BTW), and a load of others. :love: What're you reading??

catmandu
05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I Like The Classic Mysteries From The Thirties As They Take You To A Different World, A Different Time.
And I Would Try The Early Perry Masons By Erle Stanley Gardner And Calamity Town By Ellery Queen.
And Walter Mosleys Easy Rawlins Are Great Too.
Gary, My Lucky Found Paradiise Hotel Cats, Porch Cats, Rescued Cats And Our Daer Rainbow Bridge Angels , The Blessed Companions Of Our All Mighty Lord God Above.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I am currently reading the sequels to Pride and Prejudice (naughty Mr Darcy ;))

kittycats_delight
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I just finished Vittorio The Vampire and am half way through Pandora. Both are novels by Anne Rice. I am addicted to the vampire chronicles. These 2 are for the New Tales of The Vampires series. I am waiting for 3 more from The Vampire Chronicles to arrive. My mom got them in Canada and is shipping them. They 3 that will be arriving are the last 3 from the series then I would have read them all.

I am also reading 2 other books. One is The Aeneid by Virgil and the other is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

jackie
05-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I just read "Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood, and it was fantastic.

Hellow
05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Im reading Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini (You can tell that I :love: fantasy stuff if you google one of the books).

Grace
05-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I just finished Never Give Up, by Senator Arlen Spector. Next on my list is Wiser in Battle by Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez.

catmandu
05-09-2008, 06:28 PM
A BIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, TRULY ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING MEN IN US HISTORY. A GREAT SCIENTIST CONSIDERING THE RAW MATERIALS HE HAD TO WORK WITH.
AND SOME MOVIE ART FROM RAY HARRYHAUSEN THE CLASSIC MONSTER MOVIE ANIMATOR.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012327.jpg

RobiLee
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm reading a Dean Koontz book right now and next in line is a book by James Patterson.

Alysser
05-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm reading Women's Best Friend right now and an issue of Weird New Jersey. I plan on reading My Guy, Barbaro by Edgar Prado when it comes out in paperback or maybe I'll just by the hard cover version but I don't feel it's worth $25.:p

Medusa
05-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Keep Going: The Art of Perseverance by Joseph Marshall III. Easy read but packed w/Lakota wisdom. I like it so much that I bought the book on CD to listen to in my car and I'm giving a copy to a few people as gifts.

kittycats_delight
05-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Just finished Pandora by Anne Rice. I enjoyed it but I think out of all The Vampire Chronicles I still liked The Vampire Lestat best of all. With Pandora finished that makes 10 Anne Rice novels. :eek: I didn't realize I had read that many. hehehe

critters
05-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Im reading Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini (You can tell that I :love: fantasy stuff if you google one of the books). Ah, yes!! Been there, done both of them. Are you ready for Brisingr?

critters
05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
OH, I forgot to mention I'm also hooked on Miriam Grace Monfredo's Glynis Tryon mysteries. I'm NOT usually a fan of historical fiction, but she makes a serious effort to be as real as possible in her stuff. In the back of each book she does an encyclopedia-type listing of the real info in compare/contrast to her book. I found her in one minor mistake in her second book, only because I live where the action was taking place. :o

jazzcat
05-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I just started Michael Crichton's Prey but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I usually love his stuff but I'm sure it's just me.

I used to read all the time because my mom got me into it and she'd give me her latest books but since she died 4 years ago I haven't been able to read.:( I think I've finished 1 or 2 books at best. I don't really understand why - some kind of mental block I guess.

I have dozens of paperbacks waiting on me but I just can't seem to read.

Grace
05-10-2008, 01:17 PM
And speaking of books, I just received an email from Barnes & Noble. My son has given me an online gift certificate for Mother's Day.

He sure knows how to make me smile!! http://bestsmileys.com/reading/5.gif

Medusa
05-10-2008, 01:20 PM
And speaking of books, I just received an email from Barnes & Noble. My son has given me an online gift certificate for Mother's Day.

He sure knows how to make me smile!! http://bestsmileys.com/reading/5.gif

What a great gift! And a thoughtful son, too. Happy MD. :)