PDA

View Full Version : Relationship advice?

CountryWolf07
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but.. I need to let out what I want to say and see what your opinion is.

Yesterday, I haven't talked to Mike at all, and I was hoping I get to last night, but never did. I texted him asking if he was going to get online, because we never really had a chance to talk much since he's been in Texas for work.. for almost 2 weeks. He comes home tomorrow. I asked his sister if she had heard from him and she said "Yes, I talked to him today. He is coming home tomorrow." AND I thought, what? Why didn't he even talk to me at all. I mentioned that I never heard from him and I wanted to talk to him, and she goes "Oh, you know he had that show he's been doing (which I knew), and it was all day" and she said he probably went out to dinner with work people around 6 and whatnot... but yeah.. I just thought, Too busy to talk to me, but to his sister or mom? Anyways, the other day, he said that on his way home from the airport, he could pick me up and we can go to his cousin's wedding that is on Saturday, which is TOMORROW and I said, sure, that'd be fun, because it's been 3 weeks since the last time we saw each other. And he said he will let me know more about it later.. I still don't know what's going on, he's last minute about everything. OR is it just a GUY thing?

Am I doing something wrong here? We've been together for almost a year and half. I don't know, maybe I'm psyching myself to make myself scared out of nothing in this. sad.gif I guess I need advice. I don't think I am doing anything wrong here if he made a plan like that.. and it's tomorrow.

Cataholic
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I would tell you to relax. If there is an issue, I would think after 1.5 years, he would tell you. I would NOT go the route of 'you talk to your mom and sister but not me' for all the tea in China.

CountryWolf07
05-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't plan on going on that route. I am just saying, isn't it inconsiderate, at least not replying back or even hopping on just to say hi.. that's all.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't have hurt him to reply to you would it?

CountryWolf07
05-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Wouldn't have hurt him to reply to you would it?

Is that a agreement? lol.. if it is, then that's what I mean from all this. Guess it's just a guy thing.

Ginger's Mom
05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I am also wondering if it could truely been time restraints. It is easier to call Mom or sis just to say I am coming home tomorrow, gotta go (and cut them off), than it is a girl friend whom you haven't seen for two weeks. Rather than get into a rushed conversation and perhaps hurting your feelings by cutting you off quickly, he sent you word that all was well, and he will have a long and meaningful conversation with you when he gets home.

jackie
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I am also wondering if it could truely been time restraints. It is easier to call Mom or sis just to say I am coming home tomorrow, gotta go (and cut them off), than it is a girl friend whom you haven't seen for two weeks. Rather than get into a rushed conversation and perhaps hurting your feelings by cutting you off quickly, he sent you word that all was well, and he will have a long and meaningful conversation with you when he gets home.

Wise words there.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Is that a agreement? lol.. if it is, then that's what I mean from all this. Guess it's just a guy thing.

Yes :) he was probably just being thoughtless - he will be really happy to see you

MoonandBean
05-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Being a country music fan :), you could play him the song "it matters to me" by Faith Hill and see what his reaction is. If he seems unaffected, maybe he's just not the right guy for you anymore. You'll be able to tell...

I wish you the best!

Logan
05-09-2008, 01:33 PM

I don't think it is "just a guy thing", for what its worth. Not a good guy thing, anyway. Do you usually go more than a day without speaking to each other? If so, then I wouldn't worry about it. But with technology the way it is (text messaging, computers, etc), it does seem like he could have at least acknowledged your message, even if it was to say he was too busy to talk. Just my humble opinion!! Hope you get it all figured out.

Rachel
05-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm the last person to offer relationship advice, but I keep picking up from you at various times what I interpret as some kind of *gut instinct* on your part that you don't want to listen to. I may be wrong on that, but if I'm not, all I can say is *trust your gut*.

k9krazee
05-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't stress about it too much. I think it might be as somebody else said, he just doesn't have the time to really talk and doesn't want to seem uninterested or rude by cutting you short. When you see him and know the whole story this whole thing will seem silly to you. Just wait it out, it'll all be okay :)

shepgirl
05-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't let this brew in my heart till you see him. By then you will have worked up some resentment and he'll feel it. Accept it for what he said it was, just short on time and worn out. You'll know if anything has changed after seeing him and having a long talk. I wouldn't corner him right now, wait for what he has to say.

Medusa
05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I think it's a matter of whatever your pattern and routine is w/each other. For ex.: my last boyfriend called me every day and expected me to do the same, even though I told him when we first met that I wasn't the type to expect a call every day and I wouldn't be calling him every day either. Once, after a day of motorcycle riding, he took me home and I thought that I'd do something nice by calling and leaving a message on his land line for him to come home to, a sweet message saying that I had a wonderful time, etc. It was a one time deal. Or so I thought. After that, he expected me to do that every time and, if I forgot or got busy w/the Fur Posse or whatever, he'd get his nose out of joint. He took a loving gesture on my part and turned it into an obligation. I'm not suggesting that this is what you're doing, just pointing out that everyone has their own expectations and routines. If you can agree on how often to call each other, etc. and stick to it, rather than one person having expectations and the other not being able or willing to live up to those expectations, then it'll all work out fine. (Have I totally confused you now?) LOL

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Rachel, I'll have to go with Joyce(Ginger's Mom) on this one. It's exactly what I was thinking. He may have had time for a quick call only. Especially if you two don't talk every day. Keep us posted. I'm going out of town until Monday so I'll check back then and see if you went to the wedding. I hope it all goes well for you. I know how crazy you are about him. I really think everything is ok. He's crazy about you too.