PDA

View Full Version : Whooooooo hoooo! I'm doin the happy dance. :)

luckies4me
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Sooo, I have great news!!! My upstairs neighbors got evicted! I cannot explain how happy I am. For the past few days I have actually been able to sleep without hearing tons of thumping, pounding, and hammering or whatever else they did up there. It was sort of funny, as Brad came down about two weeks ago to ask to use my phone. He had flip flops on, but his feet were seriously covered in dirt. They were almost black. He told me he was being evicted and had to use the phone to call his dad. Anyway, so we are finally free of the druggies! I really hope he goes back home with his parents and gets his life together. I don't know how anyone could live like that.

I attached a photo of the inside of the apartment. It was taken from outside, as they finally put a lock on the place this morning, so it's hard to see, but in front of the couch (which we gave him about a year ago) the carpet is completely black! It is so gross. I have no idea how anyone could live that way.

I am just so thankful to have them gone! Here's to nice new neighbors! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Medusa
05-09-2008, 07:17 AM
It's tough having bad neighbors but now you've gotten a break, so I can't blame you for doing the happy dance. YAY! :)

jackie
05-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I thought this was the neighbor that was involved in a murder investigation?

MoonandBean
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Ahhh, your home can feel like a home again. There's nothing worse than bad neighbors. I'm happy for you :)

Freedom
05-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Very nice news!

Landlords have to worry about having druggies as tenants as well, as the law does impose some responsibility on the landlord. So with luck and screening, the next tenant will be a great fit. (Believe me, there is a lot of luck involved when screening prospects; it is not easy to do!)

moosmom
05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Cass,

That's great news!! I totally understand the ability to get a good nights sleep. Hopefully the landlord will do a little better screening when it comes to new tenants.

Sweet dreams!:love:;)

shepgirl
05-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks like they deserved to be evicted. Hope you get some great neighbours in exchange - wouldn't be too hard to find anything better than what they were. Couldn't believe how dirty the carpet was...ugh...

luckies4me
05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I thought this was the neighbor that was involved in a murder investigation?

It's the same person,yes, however it turned out just to be an overdose. Everyone was looking for him, but he was actually in the hospital. I updated the old thread, but you must not have read it.

I cannot explain how happy I am to be rid of these people. I didn't mind him so much, but his lifestyle. I really do not understand how someone could live that way. I should have taken pictures when the house was wide open for days, as they couldn't shut the door. Someone eventually ripped the weather strip off the bottom of the door to get it to shut. They are going to do lots of clean up on this place. It reeks (sp?) so bad. The bathroom window was open a crack and the smell was eye stinging. Everything will have to be replaced. New paint, carpets, new door, god knows what else.

But, at least I can sleep peacefully now. :)