PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area??? Able to Help?? VIDEO TOO CUTE

Anikaca77
05-08-2008, 08:04 AM
There are some new kittens living near an empty house here in south Wiles-Barre. They are 1 month old. There are 2 gold/tan, 2 grey striped type, 1 grey with white, 1 solid grey and some white. There are cars and other cats in that area there and it wont be a good place for the kittens. Prefer experienced cat owners and a quiet home to live in; and you must get a litter box to begin with and be willing to clean it. They will be weaned soon, perhaps 1 week maby.

I e-mailed this gentleman about them and here's what he said so far:

Thanks for the message Melissa. They are living on the back porch of an empty house, in a "closet" space. They have boxes to live in. There are 6 one-month old cats nearly weaned from the mother cat, and 4 bran new ones. Several people are trying to take care of them, but we are unsure if people will give the cat a home to live in. I had two other interested people, so its first come, first serve to any good home.

I just got this other e-mail from him this morning:

Don't watch this video if you think you might get attached..I so am...but I'm so broke too.

Sorry to hear your not in the Craigs list Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area to take a cat. If you ever want to see what they look like then here is a short vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBG4Z4nuuYU

Anikaca77
05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I just got this e-mail from him.

The 6 kittens that are a little over 1 month have a calico mother that feeds them. There is another, mostly white and part black, cat that had about 10 kittens...only 4 appeared to have survived.. and that mother tries to feed them too. Because of the situation and time it takes to get responses that finaly take a cat I guess I started to try to handle the situation a few days/weeks early. Its possible they can be taken from the mother, if the caretaker has a baby kitten bottle from the pet store. If we could have kept them in our apt. we could wait longer I guess, but when there on a porch, trying to get out of the "closet" there it could cause some problems if they get out...we have a few stones and bricks near the door that is open wide enough to let the mother cats out. We are also afraid people might check on them and accidentally step on them. Its first come first serve, I can't promise anyone a kitten. I'll try to stay in touch with the few people interested.

Thanks

Jon

catmandu
05-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh My Goodness, Those Poor Mama Cats And All Those Babies.
When Will This End, When Will People Realize That These Are Living Creatures Of Our All Mighty Lord God Above, And Take Responsibility For Thier Pets.
I Can See Why Theres So Much Burn Out In Animal Rescue Workers Because Every Day There Are Just More And More Lost Souls Looking For That Elusive Furrever Homes.
We Are Praying That The Little Ones Will Find The Miracle That They Need So Badly.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anikaca77
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
It's possible, but we tried taking in a few cats before and we live in an apt. bldg that they dont like more than 1 cat per apt. I wish there was someone around here that could have taken them in too, at least for 1 to 2 months, but its hard.....most people dont want a pet or extra pets...even for a short amt. of time. I'm gonna try to get over there today...its raining a bit right now...and i'll try to see what cats are left and I'll send an email to you to let you know whats there. They will eventually be alright though, theres no need to rush up here for them, but it's better that they get good homes someplace rather than become stray cats around here where there are too many already.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:22 am
Subject: Re: about kittens

It's not good though if people are taking the newborns.

They should be taking the older ones that 1 month old even them should still be with their mother. I'm going to talk with a local rescue women and see if she might have room for these guys if I come and pick them up.

If I do that though, would you be able to gather them and keep the mother cats and their babies together??

I just don't want to drive that distance without knowing the cats/kittens are not going to be there.

Thanks,
Melissa

No not bothering me, I appreciate getting emails The mother cats are friendly. I live about a block from the cats that my wife, I and others are trying to take care of. I hope the newborn cats are still there and the mother cat. I noticed one gold/tan colored newborn
missing yesterday. So its first come first serve, and then if there is any cat(s) left.

-----Original Message-----
To: jon
Sent: Fri, 9 May 2008 9:48 am
Subject: Re: about kittens

Hi Jon,

I hope you don't think I'm bothering you but I was just wondering if the mom cats are friendly?

Thank you,
Melissa