PDA

View Full Version : handicapper (CH?), SC

critters
05-08-2008, 07:48 AM
http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11358

Anikaca77
05-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh my this poor baby. I wish I lived closer but I'm afraid I don't think I could afford the vets bills.

I do hope someone will be able to save this little one.

Catty1
05-08-2008, 09:06 AM
If it IS a handicap, try www.hexfoundation.org

CultureJunky
05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh my lord, I really hope somebody can help this cat :( This kind of thing makes me feel so depressed and angry.

Anikaca77
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I e-mailed this lady some different websites hoping they might be able to find funds for this kitten and here's what she had to say:

Re: White Kitten
Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 2:51 pm
by carocats

If anyone wants to donate, they can send donations to Carolina Cats, P. O. Box 210705, Columbia, SC 29221 or online: carocats.petfinder.org - we have a Paypal donation button - designate donation as being for "Jar Kitten" and we will help Christian get kitten checked out at our vet's.

Re: White Kitten
Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 2:48 pm
by Anikaca77

http://www.bestfriends.org/nomorehomele ... about2.cfm

I wish I had more funds to be able to help out. I don't know if I got some donations together if this women who has the kitten could take it to the vets or not?

What do you think?

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you,
Melissa

Quote carocats Re: White Kitten
Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 2:41 pm
by carocats

Melissa, I forgot to say I'm not sure how old it is but I heard it crying in the background when the girl was on the phone and it sounded fairly young.
Quote carocats Re: White Kitten
Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 2:40 pm
by carocats

Melissa, thank you for your concern. I run one "local rescue," but we don't have a shelter, I already am caring for 86 cats myself (by myself) and have been diagnosed w/ endometrial cancer, for which I urgently need a hysterectomy, and there's a fairly long recovery period (assuming even that nothing goes wrong) so I absolutely can't take on anything else (I also am about broke and have no health insurance and $5K in med bills so far as I also have a severe thyroid problem and they had to work on that or I would have died if they'd tried to put me under anesthesia for my surgery before this).

The other two main local rescues are useless for kitties w/ problems like this - one take ONLY from the pound, refuses anything from the public and is interested only in adoptable animals. They get all the money because they have big-money/political connections. The other group I once volunteered w/ - they do volume adoption but, like the other group, don't pay hardly any attention to screening, etc. - no home visits, almost anyone who wants to adopt gets the animals. They would euthanize a kitty with problems like this rather than pay vets to see if it can be helped.

There are a few other smaller local rescues, mostly specializing in dogs, one for feral cats but she's a friend of mine and is maxed out, too and can't take more or hubby will divorce her! Besides the 86 I have, my four volunteers have another 130 cats between them, all in their own homes.

I'm sending out more e-mails today locally and asking that they be cross-posted, just in case there is anyone out there who can help this kitty locally.

Once I get thru my own health problems (hopefully I will . . . ) I want to start a capital campaign for a sanctuary, something we've been talking about for a while and since my diagnosis realizes we really need.

White Kitten
Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 10:01 am
by Anikaca77

Hi,

I really wish I could help out but I already have 7 and plus I live in PA.

I just feel so bad for this kitten. Is there any local rescue organization that she could take it to like Paws?

It's so sad that it's head was stuck. How old approximately is this kitten?

Thank you,
Melissa

catmandu
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
That Poor Dear Little Cat, And All We Can Offer Is Our Prayers And Good Wishes.
Thats So Sad But We Can Pray, Maybe Someone Can Do More.

critters
05-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Sad/mad update: http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11358#unread

Anikaca77
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
So sad, may God be with this sweet little kitten, I wished I could of done more.

Melissa