PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know this gets old...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-26-2002, 07:00 PM
OK Sorry, but since I am kinda new here I thought it would be cool to see what kind of pets you all have. Here goes my short list...

3 cats- Popeye, Willow, and Whiskers
1 dog- Abby- Airedale
2 fish- not really named
over 40 snails....

OK anyone who has snails know about snails or anything pleeeeeeeease help me i need some info on snails as pets. i started out with only six and now i have 40 or more.... and there is this small spot of this clear gel like stuff and inside it seem to be little baby snails.. or baby fish.. im so confused about snails lol please gimme some advice:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tatsxxx11
08-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Snails??????????:confused: :confused: :confused: I know someone here who has hermit crabs, but not snails. There must be a website somewhere with snail info. I'll try to track some down!

Rachel
08-26-2002, 07:32 PM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl, you can always check a PetTalker's profile to find out what kind of pets they have. Most have them listed there and if they don't, they should. I used your profile and learned that you are the proud Mom to Abby a former DOG OF THE DAY! I went back and found her (May, 2001). What a charmer. Would love to hear more about her now that another year has passed. My first dog as an adult was an Airedale and that breed will always have a part of my heart. My Candy loved to play catch. I could have her sit to catch a ball, stand to catch a ball, go back to catch a ball...

Now I have a Cockapoo (Hannah) and a Cocker Spaniel (Tucker). No cats but maybe one day......

Welcome to Pet Talk....

Aspen and Misty
08-26-2002, 08:16 PM
Snails! How interesting! I bet they are fun to watch! I think you got some males and femlaes LOL, alot of them to be exact. LOl 6 to 40 wow! Thats alot of snails.

Dogs-
Chewy- Aussies Mix
Teddy Bear- Pur bred Sheltie
Sadie May- Pur Bred Yellow Lab

Cats-
Hoss and Buddy-Orange tabby's
Tundra- Uno
Smokey- Grey Tabby
Misty- Barn cat

Fish-
Guy- Oscar
Kitty- Cat Fish

Reptials (sp)-
Peaches- Chamilion
Cream- Red eye tree frog

Rats-
Melony- Grey Hooded rat
Hope- Black Hooded rat

Thats it for me :D I would love to ehar abotu your snails.

AmberLee
08-27-2002, 12:00 AM
I have no snails currently, but in my pre-teen years (waaaaaay back when) I was obsessed with the search for the left-whorled* snail. There was a scientist who was trying to breed a bunch of l.w.'ers (99.99+% of snails are right-whorled) and I sooo wanted to find a l.w. one to participate, too. Nowadays I don't even remember what the point of it was...

Never even spotted one (did get a reputation for excentricity that never quite went away, though ;) ) Am I correct in assuming that all of yours are right whorlers?

Since I've become more active in gardening, I'm rather anti-snail lately. Don't mind hearing about them, but bristle when they approach my herbs and flowers.

I have two cats: Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni "Livvy" was born on 11 Apr 1999 and appears to be all brown tabby Maine Coon (she's part Siamese, but it doesn't show).
Perspicacity Purrsonality "Cassy" is my silver swirl tabby boy who was born on 11 Jul 1999.

>^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^<

* Left-whorled, if I remember correctly, spiral counterclockwise. Right-whorled are clockwise spiraled.

Former User
08-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!
I'm owned by 2 cats, Casper and Kitty. Want to know more about them, check out their website, link is on my signature :D

C.C.'s Mom
08-27-2002, 08:10 AM
One dog (Cookie-Loukie) and 2 cats (Rudie & Eddy).

Snails??? Got freaked out yesterday when I found one in the grass beside the lakes and I don't think I ever ran as fast as I did there!

Logan
08-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom
One dog (Cookie-Loukie) and 2 cats (Rudie & Eddy).

Snails??? Got freaked out yesterday when I found one in the grass beside the lakes and I don't think I ever ran as fast as I did there!

LOL!! What did you think that snail was going to do to you?? ;) Ha Ha!!!!

We have had a lot of rain lately, and for the first time, I am seeing dozens of little snails all over my front porch and steps. We have to watch where we step at night. So far, I don't think they are eating anything they aren't supposed to, but if they start chomping on my hosta, I'm going to be MAD!!

Good luck with your pet snails!

By the way, I have:
2 Golden Retrievers (Honey and Lilly), who are both 3 years old
2 cats, Mimi (13), and Butter (5??)
2 Cockatiels, Roger and Milly
1 hamster, Olivia
and one "future dog", Murphy, who is a 12-13 year old Lab - she'll be joining our family full time in December when I get married

Ann
08-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk :) It's really fun to see people who likes snails as well, most people will just go "eeeww" if I ever say I like them. I'd just do a search on Google.com for more info, I'm sorry I don't have the time to look up one right now!

Click the banner in my signature for info and pics of my pets... Right now I only have one cat, one dog and fishes.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-27-2002, 11:47 AM
ok.. yeah my snails are right whorled--shells going counter clockwise, and yeah they are fun to watch. heres the update on abby for those who want to know about her....

her birthday is may... 25th, yeah and she is quite the ball of fluff and engery lol. she loooooves to play tug-of-war, and loves to be outside. she thinks shes a cat because she enjoys to sit on my lap.... considering im a 14 year old lolol.... she loves to play fetch and she goes down slides at the park. shes such a character. if i find some pics of her on a disk, i will be sure to post them for ya. abby loves to chase my cats and she is so afraid of the water its funny. she only goes in to her tummy and when it touches her tummy, she runs back to shore. and there must be crawfish in our lake because every once and a while she jumps straight out of the water and runs lol. so her fear of water makes it difficult to give her a bath, as the groomers have told us. LOL. now more on my cats...

POPEYE- popeye is a one eyed cat, can ya tell how she got her name.. when she was born, her one eye didn't open. we called her popeye, thinking she was a boy, and it turned out she was a girl... oops. anyway, i have another cat as u know by the name of willow. she is gray like a pussy willow... hence the name willow. willow is popeye's mom, so willow had to take care of 5 hyper kittens for six weeks. poor cat lol. any way popeye also had a litter of kittens on sept 6th 2001, and there were four little ones. they were sooooo cute i almost cried when we gave em away... popeye had 2 of her kittens under my bed... yuk.... and then when my little bro and i woke up we put her in her nesting box. she had two more that day and u can imagine when i went to school that day... lol whiskers we got when i was born so she is getting up there in age. since this is getting so long ill stop typing lol sry :p :p :p :p

wolflady
08-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Welcome to PT ILoveMyAbbyGirl! I know you'll love it here, and we'd all love to hear stories of your pets!!! Snails...now that's a new one! LOL

LOL LOL Wow Amberlee, you never cease to amaze me! ;) All I ever wanted to know about snails and then some! Thanks for brightening my day.

P.S. I hear ya about the snails in the yard. They make me go YIKES! :eek: I have sooooooooo many of them in my yard :(

Originally posted by AmberLee
I have no snails currently, but in my pre-teen years (waaaaaay back when) I was obsessed with the search for the left-whorled* snail. There was a scientist who was trying to breed a bunch of l.w.'ers (99.99+% of snails are right-whorled) and I sooo wanted to find a l.w. one to participate, too. Nowadays I don't even remember what the point of it was...

Never even spotted one (did get a reputation for excentricity that never quite went away, though ;) ) Am I correct in assuming that all of yours are right whorlers?

Since I've become more active in gardening, I'm rather anti-snail lately. Don't mind hearing about them, but bristle when they approach my herbs and flowers.

I have two cats: Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni "Livvy" was born on 11 Apr 1999 and appears to be all brown tabby Maine Coon (she's part Siamese, but it doesn't show).
Perspicacity Purrsonality "Cassy" is my silver swirl tabby boy who was born on 11 Jul 1999.

>^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^<

* Left-whorled, if I remember correctly, spiral counterclockwise. Right-whorled are clockwise spiraled.

ChrisH
08-27-2002, 12:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I have one dog called Bob and a cockatiel bird called Bonnie. As for snails, I do quite like them - I do have quite a lot in my garden - lol. Yet I don`t like slugs, they are my least favourite creature.

lovemymaltese
08-27-2002, 01:38 PM
1 dog named Tango
1 fish named Roy

*LabLoverKEB*
08-27-2002, 02:18 PM
Aspen & Misty, You have SADIE MAY, too?? Cool! And, she's a Labby! How cool is that! Iid love to see pictures!

I have a Black Labrador Retriever, named Sadie May.:) ;)

sammi
08-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Sorry but I don't know anything about "snails" please tell me. The only kind of snails that I know of are the ones in the lake by the thousands!

Cincy'sMom
08-27-2002, 04:11 PM
We have to lab mixes, Sadie and Cincy and 3 fish. I also have snails, but they are just littleones in my fish tank that eat algea. Don't know anything about them, 'cept I got a few when I set up my tank 5 years ago and there has been snails in there ever since...

The Cat Factory
08-27-2002, 08:03 PM
11 Kitties-Twinkles, Tigger, Mimi, Vader, Peppurr, Hercules, Spaz, Felix, Mischief, Xena and Majesty,
1 Dog-Buddy, a Golden Retriever
Lots and lots and lots and lots of frogs and toads!
Lots of fish, I've only named one though, his name is Thrasher...

Vermontcat
08-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Cat Factory you must have a very big house! Or do you live in a factory that keeps cranking out kitties!:D

Ok, in our house we have 1 cat named Samantha, we call her Sam
and 1 blue parakeet named T-bird

lovemymaltese
08-28-2002, 11:56 AM
wow some of you are just surrounded in animal love.