PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze update

Catty1
05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Prayers for Patrick - and all those who struggle to survive such chronic illnesses.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=563932&in_page_id=1773

Patrick Swayze looks grey and gaunt as battle against cancer takes its toll
Last updated at 17:15pm on 4th May 2008

Desperately ill actor Patrick Swayze looked just a shadow of his former self as he went shopping this week.

The 55-year-old, who is battling cancer, appeared grey and gaunt and even a pair of sunglasses could not hide the ravages of the disease and months of treatment.

Swayze, the star of Ghost and Dirty Dancing has vowed to live as normal a life as possible and was pictured defiantly going to the shops near his ranch on the outskirts of Los Angeles.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/swayzeSPL0405_468x595.jpg
Patrick Swayze May 2008
A gaunt Patrick Swayze defiantly tries to live a normal life despite his frail appearance

But reports suggest he is preparing for the end, apparently transferring his property worth millions to his wife of 32 years, Lisa Niemi.

A source said: "Patrick told Lisa, 'I will always love you, and can't imagine how my life would have been without you'. It was very touching, and it's part of his final farewell to his wife as the end draws closer."

Patrick, battling pancreatic cancer, has had emergency surgery - the cancer had spread and part of his stomach was removed.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/swayzeSPL0405_468x684.jpg
Patrick Swayze May 2008
A shell of his former self, Swayze has made a will

His friend told a Sunday newspaper: "Patrick told his family he's not giving up, but he wanted to make sure everything like the will was in place in the event that his health began to fail quickly and he didn't have time to take care of things."

Patrick's Dirty Dancing co-star Jennifer Grey, 48 told The People: "I wish him all my love, and I have great faith that he is a fighter."

RICHARD
05-06-2008, 02:26 AM
I lost my GF to pancreatic cancer 6 years ago.

IT's a cruel, terrible disease,
God bless him and his family.:(

Pam
05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
I lost my GF to pancreatic cancer 6 years ago.

IT's a cruel, terrible disease,
God bless him and his family.:(

Richard I am so sorry. Please accept my sincere, although late, condolences. I am glad Patrick Swayze is trying to maintain some sort of a life rather than just sitting and waiting for the end. My SIL was ravaged with cancer throughout her entire body and passed away in 2005. She tried to do the same. The whole world will surely rejoice when there is a cure for this awful disease.

Medusa
05-06-2008, 06:23 AM
A good friend of 20 years has pancreatic cancer and he was skin over bone until he quit the chemo about a month ago. Since that time, he's gained 20 lbs., is walking his dogs again and even worked on his old convertible for a little while. He knows that his time is limited but at least now that time he has left may be quality. I'm sorry for anyone who is going through this and for the families, too. It's devastating.

Scooter's Mom
05-06-2008, 07:38 AM
We lost my brother in law on September 7, 2007 to pancreatic cancer.

Also, anyone familiar with the movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" - Marvin Zindler who was a local news celebrity for many decades in Houston and he is the one who broke that story ... he died from pancreatic cancer on July 29, 2007. I can still hear him in my head, "Marvin Zindler, Eyewitness News!" He was a legend in Houston television news.

He and my brother in law were diagnosed within days of one another.

Pancreatic cancer is terrible. Patrick and his family have been in my thoughts since the news came out a while back. I will keep them there.

K9soul
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I think it's disgusting that someone was out taking shots of him like that to splash all over the news. I seriously doubt he wanted or agreed to have pictures of himself like that taken and published. Leave the man his privacy and dignity, he deserves that much.

I would much rather remember him this way, and I am sure this is how he would wish to be remembered when his time on Earth is done.

http://www.straightegyptians.com/barn/images/patrick1.jpg

Vela
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for posting that Jess. Sure is the way I'd prefer to remember him.

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/meadows/2243/SwayziTammen_Polly_Knoll_.jpg

finn's mom
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't pretend to know what his personal feelings are on the subject of his being photographed at this time in his life, but I will say that I think it could be good to show that he is out and about, living his life. It sends out a signal to everyone who sees the photos that he is a fighter, and not just letting the cancer win. If it gives one person the strength to hold on and fight back, I think it's good. He looks thin in the images, but he looks determined as well.

Either way, I am praying for him and his family. I've never lost anyone to that particular kind of cancer, but I've lost plenty to cancers of other variaties. I hope we find the cure.

slick
05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
think it's disgusting that someone was out taking shots of him like that to splash all over the news. I couldn't agree with you more. For God's sake, leave him alone!!!! :mad:

BC_MoM
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I think it's disgusting that someone was out taking shots of him like that to splash all over the news. I seriously doubt he wanted or agreed to have pictures of himself like that taken and published. Leave the man his privacy and dignity, he deserves that much.

I would much rather remember him this way, and I am sure this is how he would wish to be remembered when his time on Earth is done.

http://www.straightegyptians.com/barn/images/patrick1.jpg

Well said, Jess. The lack of respect is revolting.

critter crazy
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Patrick is just an amzing man, and my heart goes out to him. I wish him and his family the best.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/yarshannana/434px-Patrick_swayze_7.jpg

caseysmom
05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Those pictures look caught to me, not like something he agreed to and I hate to see them reposted on the internet, it disgusts me.

Catty1
05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Patrick has been in the spotlight for decades. He knows if he goes out anywhere in public, there will be cameras - with or without his permission. I don't think he really cared one way or the other.

I hope he pulls through this somehow. Treatment - and then surgery. :-(

Chica
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Patrick is in my prayers! God Bless Him!!!!:love:

K9soul
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Patrick has been in the spotlight for decades.

I don't think that's any reason why he shouldn't be allowed respect and dignity instead of stalking and snapping pictures of him and then plastering them all over to show the world how ill and wasted he looks and what a shell of his former self he is now. This man is dying and he deserves respect and compassion. I get sick of people having the attitude that just because someone is an actor or is famous that there are a different set of rules and ethics that apply to them and that they do not deserve the same consideration as a family member or friend who is suffering. The story could have told about his will to fight and his determination without the pictures to add shock value to it.

Yes the media and paparazzi types are everywhere butting into people's personal lives because they are 'famous' and treating them with little respect. That doesn't make it right. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Patrick and have loved watching him since I was in high school. He has always seemed a very sensitive and gentle man. There is also his family and loved ones to think about too.

Vela
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Amen Jess.

shais_mom
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Patrick has been in the spotlight for decades. He knows if he goes out anywhere in public, there will be cameras - with or without his permission. I don't think he really cared one way or the other.

I don't think that's any reason why he shouldn't be allowed respect and dignity.
CATTY
where's you're compassion? You certainly have more than enough for the people here but for someone dying of a horrible disease - oh he should be used the publicity?
exactly - what Jess said...
that's like saying a girl walking across the street in short shorts deserves to be brutally raped.
I think it is Vile to exploit someone at the lowest of the low in their life and to put in on forum like its a "look at it the little birdie" post is Just as Vile. Tho as par for the OP's course - I'm not surprised.
Photographers like these people are just highly paid stalkers.

that said - he actually looks a lot like his brother so I wonder if its possible if those are actually of the brother.
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/national_treasure/don_swayze/treasurepre.jpg

you live up to your screenname that's for sure