PDA

View Full Version : Update on ozzy

AllAmericanPUP
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I dont have much time before i go to bed but i wanted to give ya guys an update on Ozzy.
Took him, the x rays and the write up the a local vet today...

This vet seems to think he has something called Coon Hound Virus.
It's not fully researched but basically if a dog is bit by a raccoon it later becomes paralyzed. Steroids are the treatment so we will continue the prednisone.

he's already showing improvement. She checked his reflexes and they were good plus he's starting to feel the pain if you pinch him between his toes. so thats really good.

If he doesnt continue to show improvement in the next few days then the vet wants to take a couple more X Rays because she thinks she may see a tumor near his spine, it shows up one of the X Rays we had taken on saturday but not on the 2nd one..so she's not sure if it's a shadow or maybe even poop because it follows the poop trail.

he's still not eating though. he's lost 13 pounds since satruday according to the vets scale today.

Rachel
05-06-2008, 06:57 AM
This is indeed upsetting. All I can say is you are doing what needs to be done in getting help for Ozzy. I sure hope he will be able to take some food soon.

Freedom
05-06-2008, 06:57 AM
You must be so worried! Prayers for you and Ozzy.

Come one dear Ozzy, heal up and feel better quickly. Lots of folks are praying for you!

BC_MoM
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
If she even thinks it could be a tumor, I wouldn't wait for another x-ray. I'd get it done ASAP! Glad to hear Ozzy is feeling a bit better, though.

AllAmericanPUP
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Ozzy ate tonight!!!!

i offered him food this morning and this afternoon but he didnt want it but then that harness thing that i ordered for him arrived and i took him outside and he was able to walk around and then i bathed him and offered him another bowl of dry food and he gobbled it right up! yay!

I also shaved him because he usually pees on himself so this way it will be easier to keep him clean...i'll try and get pics tomorrow

BC_MoM
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
YAY Ozzy!!! :D