PDA

View Full Version : Those tax rebates -

Grace
05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs,

if we purchase a computer, it will go to India,

if we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala,

if we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan,

if we purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes, beer, and Jack Daniels since these are the only products still produced in the US.

Thank you for your help, cooperation, and patriotism in these trying times.

Jessika
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
LOL this is so true!!!

Bring on the booze, I say ;)

Laura's Babies
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I am GLAD I saw that! Thanks!!! (So, true too...)

RICHARD
05-05-2008, 10:43 PM
LOLOLOL.

Does this mean they have to be American prostitutes?:confused::o

And what kind of paperwork do they need?

AmberLee
05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
* snirk! *

pitc9
05-06-2008, 09:34 AM
That's great!
I had to send it to all my e-mail contacts!!

moosmom
05-06-2008, 10:18 AM
ROFLMAO!!! I got mine direct deposited into my checking account. I IMMEDIATELY transferred the funds into my savings, where it'll stay for "rainy day" cat emergencies.

Thanks George Dubbya!!

finn's mom
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I put most of mine into my savings, and used a small part of it to go to the Renaissance Festival. :) I even dressed up, thanks Mr. President!

Grace
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Ours arrived in our bank account this morning. It's going into savings for the time being.

RICHARD
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I found the beer and JD, how do I fill out the list?:confused::rolleyes:

lvpets2002
05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
:o Well reading this = mm just made my day.. All so very true.. Let me think which way I will go..

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Mine was supposed to come yesterday according to my last 2 SS numbers and the chart Yahoo put out. Mine was only to be $300 because I'm single! Talk about discrimination!!!
It was a no show. I checked my account again today. NOPE!!! I guess I won't get excited about it until (and unless) I get it. :(

Chica
05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I didn't get mine yet either!I will leave it in the bank for emergencies.Thanks for nothing Mr. Bush!!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I was supposed to get mine May 2nd, but alas, I have nothing!

:rolleyes: I'm not surprised.

DrKym
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
ROFLMAO!!! I got mine direct deposited into my checking account. I IMMEDIATELY transferred the funds into my savings, where it'll stay for "rainy day" cat emergencies.

Thanks George Dubbya!!

After buying yarn to make LJ new clothes....................put mine into things necessary....Whiskey and the Chippendales!:p

Karen
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I just wanted to quietly remind people that we do still produce food and manufacture cars and other products in the USA. If ya pay attention, you can find 'em.

Lady's Human
05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Just remember....the dates listed in various areas are the dates that the IRS is going to START depositing the money for that group. NOT the date that they said it WILL be deposited.

I'm not even going to touch the defeatist, jingoistic nature of the original post beyond saying that it is in large part false.

RICHARD
05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
The company that I worked for would give out bonuses in round dollar amounts.

You'd get a promise of 400 dollars - it was lumped up into your regular paycheck and people screamed bloody murder because of the taxes taken out of the total.

After the third person bitched about the amount, the taxes and how it didn't help, I told them to give it back to the company, donate it to charity or give it to me.

It looks like the only people satisfied with the money are the hookers and the people who rented them.:confused:

lvpets2002
05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
:) Woo Hoo just checked my bank account && my US Treasures Money has been direct deposited..

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
:) Woo Hoo just checked my bank account && my US Treasures Money has been direct deposited..

Well, I am happy for you.:D
(moff checks empty back account and sighs):(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Ah, yes, I still have an empty bank account too. :p Maybe Friday! That'd be nice! Some lucky little kitty is getting spayed on Friday, and with her bloodwork and everything, it should be a little over a hundred dollars... Extra cash would be lovely!

DJFyrewolf36
05-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I just wanted to quietly remind people that we do still produce food and manufacture cars and other products in the USA. If ya pay attention, you can find 'em.
I work for an ice cream company right here in Eugene. Good organic ice cream too ;-)
I could go buy some with my tax money, then Id be in effect paying myself lol.
I hope mine comes when it says it will although if they are doing it in order of ss number Im pretty high on the list for my group.

finn's mom
05-08-2008, 07:21 AM

Absolutely, I was going to say the same thing. We even found a treadmill that was Made in the USA. :)

pitc9
05-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Mine should be deposited by tomorrow.....
The pups already have an appointment with the white coats for Friday the 16th for shots and HW testing!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
:D Mine is here!!!!! It snuck in over night! That's ok! I'll take it!!! :D

lvpets2002
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
:D Mine is here!!!!! It snuck in over night! That's ok! I'll take it!!! :D
:) Congrats Congrats