PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a nylon travel crate?

binka_nugget
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about getting one of these for agility trials:

http://mjmcompany.com/CCamper.jpg

Does anyone have one? Is it pretty sturdy? Keeva isn't a huge fan of being crated.. especially during a trial so I need to make sure it's really sturdy. I had her in an ex-pen during practice once and she almost tipped it over.. so I'm hoping a crate will be more suitable for her.

pitc9
05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
The person I picked the transport dogs up from had two of them and the one dog, Sarge, sure put it to the test!
He was jumping around and scratching at the mesh door with all he had and it held up well! (he was a GSD, about 70 pounds but about 20 pounds underweight)

binka_nugget
05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Ah wonderful! It'll be so much easier folding up the crate and holding a handle rather than trying to lift an exercise pen that's almost bigger than me! :eek:

Suki Wingy
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Just be careful when putting it somewhere off the ground with a dog in it because at IKC (benched show) a few years ago I saw a pug in one knock himself in the crate off the bench and onto the floor.

k9krazee
05-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Jack HATES being crated (he's busted his fair share of metal crates), but I have a mesh crate for agility trials and he does GREAT.

Freedom
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I've seen them when II have Lacey at a class. One border collie in particular really puts her through the tests each and every time we see them! Still holding up.

I think you will ind it easier; everyone seems to have one where Lacey goes.

BC_MoM
05-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Well... I tried one of these at agility practice with Mickey... he is used to the hard ones... and he wound up rolling away. Unless your dog is used to them and isn't a freak, it should be fine.

lute
05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a soft side crate that stays in my car. Gracie does fine in it, but Talon rolls the dang thing. In my opinion they are easily escapable by a determined pupper.

binka_nugget
05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Well... I tried one of these at agility practice with Mickey... he is used to the hard ones... and he wound up rolling away. Unless your dog is used to them and isn't a freak, it should be fine.

LOL!! I totally see Keeva doing this. I guess I'll buy one and try it out with her.. if it doesn't work out I'll just keep it for Kai and stick with the good ol' wire crate for her.

Giselle
05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey, I made the same thread not too long ago.

I decided not to get a soft crate. While Ivy does well in crates, she's a destructo-dog when bored and unfortunately crate reactive (among other issues :rolleyes: ). I'm currently on the search for a second-hand Furrarri (sp?) crate...