PDA

View Full Version : May fund raiser that won't cost a penny...in memory of Braveheart and Tuvok $14.41

Moesha
05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
A few months ago jenluckenbach posted a thread (click here to see it) (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139100&highlight=goodsearch.com) about several ways to donate to her cat rescue charity. One of them was to use http://www.goodsearch.com as a search engine and have her charity listed to get the 1 penny from each search done. I've been trying to do that as often as I can since that post.

Originally I was going to just bump that post again so that others may see it and help get them some donations. But when I was searching for it, something I found gave me another idea.

Here's my plan:
For each penny raised by using goodsearch.com going to Jen's One by One (Kutztown, PA) charity during the month of May, I am going to match that amount in Braveheart and Tuvok's memory. So, start searching because every search now will be doubled! If anyone else would like to offer to do the same, that would be wonderful. If you can't pledge monies, then be sure to support the cause by using goodsearch.com! Make sure that you've selected the correct charity for the pennies to go to also!

For those of you that don't remember the previous thread and are sometimes lazy like I am, here's Jen's first post explaining the different ways to donate.

To all my pet loving friends....... I am running a fund raiser for One by One cat rescue. I know that not everyone can send money, but there are ways you can help to! At no cost!

#1--use www.goodsearch.com and select your charity as "One by One (Kutztown, PA)". Then search for something! 1 penny for every search can add up quickly!

#2--shop through www.igive.com and select One by One, Inc as your charity. Then when you shop online through any of their stores (and there are hundreds of choices) One by One gets a percentage! You can also download their IGive Shopping Window which allows you to never miss a donation.

#3--Donate through paypal. visit www.1by1.petfinder.org and scroll down to the paypal button.

#4--Send checks or money orders to One by One, P.O. Box 226 Kutztown, Pa 19530. Any amount, big or small, even a spare dollar found between the couch cushions. ;)

#5--SPONSOR a kitty. This is a bigger commitment. $10 a month helps tremendously with our soaring vet bills and other expenses. Visit http://1by1catrescue.org/sponsor.htm for info on sponsorship.

Thank you for reading and considering a donation. And don't forget, #1 (good search) is totally FREE, so please use this feature to help the kitties.

Freedom
05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
How nice of you!

Just remember, Tuvok was never in the One By One program, Jen has to manage that HUGE vet bill herself. :eek:

jenluckenbach
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you for this wonderful gesture!!!

Now, while it is true that I did pay Tuvok's $1,100.00 ER vet bill, I am still hopeful to get some reimbursement from One by One. And the Basket raffle being held by my vet and her associates, will also be going towards that large bill. So supporting One by One will aid them in getting my money refunded.....see??

So let's start searching. And keep bumping the thread so all can see! :D :D

catmandu
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
HOW CAN AN OLD NOT COMPUTERATE LITERATE FELLOW MAKR THAT MY GO TO SEARCH ENGINE, AS I AM OLD AND FORGET TO GO THERE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012261.jpg

Karen
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I had a search to do today, and used it!

catmandu
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
WELL, IVE APPLIED TO HAVE GOODSEARCH AS MY TOOL BAR, SO THAT SHOULD BE WORKING THE NEXT TIME, I REBOOT THE COMPUTER.
I HOPE.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012274.jpg

Freedom
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you for this wonderful gesture!!!

Now, while it is true that I did pay Tuvok's $1,100.00 ER vet bill, I am still hopeful to get some reimbursement from One by One. And the Basket raffle being held by my vet and her associates, will also be going towards that large bill. So supporting One by One will aid them in getting my money refunded.....see??

So let's start searching. And keep bumping the thread so all can see! :D :D
Jen, this is all GREAT news! I didn't know about all the other efforts going on to help as well! Thanks for clarifying . . . er . . CORRECTING me!

jenluckenbach
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Gary, another thing you could do is just bookmark the Goodsearch page or add it to favorites. Click there and then you can make sure you still have 1 by 1 as the charity. (every once in a while, when I clear out the computer, I forget to make sure 1 by 1 is my charity, and some searches get "wasted" :( )

columbine
05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I got it to function at work! I have to look up drugs and researchers' names all the time, so it's a good option for me.

Love, Columbine

jenluckenbach
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
We are up to $1.15! We can do better than that!!!

jenluckenbach
05-06-2008, 05:29 AM
$1.32

What can YOU search for today?? ;)

phesina
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I have Goodsearch as my default search engine here. I just did a search on "Braveheart and Tuvok." What came up but this thread!

jenluckenbach
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM
$2.01 KEEP searching!! :D

jazzcat
05-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Also don't forget to shop through GoodSearch. I just noticed that eBay and Amazon are both on there and will donate a percantage of what you spend to One by One. There are probably several of us who purchase from those places often.

There are many stores to shop from.
http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx

jenluckenbach
05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
$2.78! :)

jazzcat
05-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I made a purchase on eBay last night through Goodshop/GoodSearch. It said it may take a little while for the donation to show up for One by One. I'm kind of anxious to see if it works. If anyone sees the credit let me know.

jenluckenbach
05-08-2008, 06:21 AM
$3.27! We can do better! ;)

I also made a purchase last night. And did a couple searches (trying to find info on cats with heart disease)

Moesha
05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Good job guys. We've raised more in the past few days than any other month this year.

phesina
05-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Please tell me again, just how does GoodSearch work? That is, where do I tell it I want money raised by my searches to go to One By One?

I've got it as my default search engine now, and I've done a few searches with it. I've used it a while back in in the past, and there was a drop-down list of the available charities from which you select yours. I haven't seen that this time.

Thanks,
Pat

jenluckenbach
05-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Go to the home page http://www.goodsearch.com/

under the box that says "WHO DO YOU SEARCH FOR" it will say "enter your charity here".

Type "One By One " and click verify. On the drop down menu, make sure to click "One By One (Kutztown, pa)"

OR it will have the name of another charity, if you have chosen one before.

In that case, click "clear selection" and then verify One by One.

Then start searching!!

jenluckenbach
05-11-2008, 06:33 PM
BUMP!!!

We are up to $6.13. EXCELLENT!!! can we do better???

jenluckenbach
05-12-2008, 06:57 AM
$6.25!!

But the amount donated from shopping has been updated and it is another $15+ Pretty cool!!

So don't forget to search and SHOP!!!

kittycats_delight
05-12-2008, 07:08 AM
$6.25!!

But the amount donated from shopping has been updated and it is another $15+ Pretty cool!!

So don't forget to search and SHOP!!!

BIL orders books online a couple times a month as well as DVDs. So will get him to use that. I don't search for a lot of stuff online but when I do I always use it.

jenluckenbach
05-12-2008, 07:13 AM
BIL orders books online a couple times a month as well as DVDs.

That will be great! He would find a larger selection of stores at iGive.com. SO have him sign up to choose One by One cat rescue of Kutztown PA and then shop through iGive OR GoodSearch! :)

phesina
05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Go to the home page http://www.goodsearch.com/

under the box that says "WHO DO YOU SEARCH FOR" it will say "enter your charity here".

Type "One By One " and click verify. On the drop down menu, make sure to click "One By One (Kutztown, pa)"

OR it will have the name of another charity, if you have chosen one before.

In that case, click "clear selection" and then verify One by One.

Then start searching!!

Thanks, Jen. It was going straight to the search page, but I'd set that to One By One a while back when I've used it before. I take it that's the one it will use until I change it to something else? (Not that I plan to.)

jazzcat
05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
$8.25!!

*Bump*

jenluckenbach
05-14-2008, 06:11 PM
$9.53!!

jenluckenbach
05-17-2008, 06:59 AM
$10.28 keep up the good work!

Moesha
05-17-2008, 09:42 AM
I just had to purchase a dolphin chlorinator for the pool. I was getting it on ebay and at the last minute I remembered goodsearch! So I linked back through there to get more money donated to One by One.
Isn't it cute?
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/dc/fb/a55c_2.JPG

jenluckenbach
05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I just had to purchase a dolphin chlorinator for the pool. I was getting it on ebay and at the last minute I remembered goodsearch! So I linked back through there to get more money donated to One by One.
Isn't it cute?
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/dc/fb/a55c_2.JPG

ADORABLE! Glad you remembered about Good Search. ;)

jenluckenbach
05-19-2008, 06:43 PM
$10.92......DON'T forget to search!!!!

Catty1
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I used this a few times in the last two days...and it didn't seem really good at finding Canadian targets. But I started with Goodsearch, and then went to Google if I was having no luck.

Hope it's growing....:)

jenluckenbach
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Sometimes I resort to google, too.....but I ALWAYS try GoodSearch first. ;)

Catty1
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Yep, that's what I did...GS first, then GOOG. :D

Moesha
05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Looks like they added some more shopping money to the total too!

jenluckenbach
05-22-2008, 03:01 PM
$12.09!!! and a little over 1 week left in May.

Moesha
05-27-2008, 10:44 PM
$13.04 through searches.
$17.71 through shopping.
We're doing great! Just a few days left. Can you think of anymore searches to try? Maybe we could get enough searches that with the matching funds and the shopping One by One could get $50 this month. That's certainly a reachable goal.

Emeraldgreen
05-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I've done some searching tonight! Sorry to join in so late.:( But I'll keep on searchin' for stuff! I was searching for a bit using the images category but then I saw the fineprint that said that images do not count for donatable searches. So I'll stick to regular searches. :)
Geez, do you think I used the word 'search' enough times in my post?!? LOL

jenluckenbach
05-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Geez, do you think I used the word 'search' enough times in my post?!? LOL

Search me??? :p (that is a way to say "I don't know", for those who never heard it used that way ;) )

Emeraldgreen
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Search me??? :p (that is a way to say "I don't know", for those who never heard it used that way ;) )

LOL! :D

jenluckenbach
05-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Tomorrow is the last day in May!!! The GoodSearch amount is at $13.87 (&$17.71 for shopping)

Can we reach $15 until the end of tomorrow??

jenluckenbach
05-31-2008, 07:43 PM
$14.29..... we can make it $15 if we try HARD!!!

jenluckenbach
06-01-2008, 07:06 AM
One last thank you to Moesha for her matching donation! :)

Thanks to all the "searchers". Keep up the good work!

Moesha
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
You're very welcome. Thank you for all your hard work in helping critters in need. I'll put the check in the mail tomorrow. I wanted to thank everyone for all their support this month in getting the total of searches over $14. We'll have to remember to keep using this. I was so mad at myself yesterday because I purchased two things on ebay and forgot to click through the goodsearch page for donations to be added to One by One! *duh*

Moesha
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I just ordered a DSLR camera from QVC. I placed my order online. A little while later I went to goodsearch.com as I do almost every day to check the amount raised for One by One. Then I realized I should have checked to see if QVC was one of the merchants I could have used and gotten a donation added to the charity. IT WAS! I cancelled my original order and then reordered by linking through goodsearch. QVC donates 2.5% so that should be a decent sized amount that will be going to One By One. I just wanted to remind people to go there when purchasing online. I tend to forget about that wonderful provision! I need to do better with that. I helped my sister purchase a tea set on Ebay yesterday for a baby shower and totally forgot to link through! I've also noticed a great increase in the amount raised just by using searches since the May fund raiser. Thanks to everyone for remembering to search through there!

jenluckenbach
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks!!!!