PDA

View Full Version : Well, a guy tried to pick me up today....

Medusa
05-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I just bought a new bicycle and my friend and I decided to go riding this afternoon. We were cruising along in the neighborhood since I haven't been on a bike in, oh say, 10 years and my butt is already killing me. Anyhow.....we were talking and laughing and taking in and enjoying all the fragrances of spring when a guy rode up next to me on his bike. This was the conversation:

Where you two girls headed?
Nowhere in particular.

You live around here?
In the neighborhood.

Are you going out to lunch later?
No. Why?

If you girls ride w/me, you'll have a lot of fun.
Well, David, I think we're gonna ride by ourselves.

How'd you know my name?
It's on your license plate.

Oh. Yeah. I have a cell phone.
Ohhhhkaaay....Lots of girls numbers, I'll bet.

Yep. Lots of hot girls.
Hot girls, eh?

Yep. And he pulled the cell phone out of his pocket to show me. It wasn't a toy; it was a real cell phone.

Well, see you girls later. And he rode off when he could see we weren't interested.

He couldn't have been more than 5 years old! I was so shocked, I didn't even think to ask him how old he is. I know that it probably sounds funny when reading it but, if I was his mom, I'd be worried. That kid did not learn those lines and become that smooth and polished by himself. I'm thinkin' Dad takes him out when he's supposed to be babysitting and he hears all those pick up lines. (Ok, maybe an older brother or an uncle or a neighbor but, whomever the influence is, he isn't a good one because he isn't learning those pick up lines on his own.) My friend was laughing her head off and, admittedly, I kinda was chuckling myself but it's scary. This kid is gonna be getting into all kinds of trouble, I can feel it.

elizabethann
05-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Maybe he watches too much t.v.

I actually think the way you wrote the story is funny. I wonder if he has any notches on that cell phone of his? ;)

Laura's Babies
05-04-2008, 04:42 PM
What a cute story... I was just pictureing some big buff guy trying to pick ya'll up...:rolleyes:

Hay, that does reming me of the time my girlfriend and I had been out dancing one night and decided to stop and get something to eat at the hot spot in town for the after party crowd. A waitress came over and said "those two guys would like to pay for ya'lls meal and join you if that is ok"... We declined and went on talking and laughinmg that they thought we could be "had" for the price of a meal....

Later she came and told us the guys had indeed paid for out meals and left us a note, handing us the note. (They had left by then) The note? "Holiday Inn room XXX"! We took our full tummies home and went to bed!

Moesha
05-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought it odd that you said he had a real cell phone, not a toy. Then it made sense at the end. Sad how fast children grow up sometimes now.

Freedom
05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I thought it odd that you said he had a real cell phone, not a toy. Then it made sense at the end. Sad how fast children grow up sometimes now.

Just what I was thinking ("why's she telling us it was a real cell phone? Oh. OH!") Goodness.

RICHARD
05-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Well,

One day you'll be watching TV and David will be leading the Tour de France.

P.S. You can get coffee instead of milk with a Happy Meal.;)

Medusa
05-05-2008, 06:55 AM
I told my son about it and he got a chuckle out of it and said "Well, Mom, he wasn't really trying to pick you up." Of course, I know that. It's how he relates to females that's so disturbing.

gini
05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
It sounds as though his "training wheels" were a little too tight!!

Taz_Zoee
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I was a little confused by the fact that he had a license plate w/ his name on his bike. Then it all made sense. :p

lizbud
05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
I was a little confused by the fact that he had a license plate w/ his name on his bike. Then it all made sense. :p

It did?:confused: Well, s'plain it to me then.:)

Medusa
05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
It did?:confused: Well, s'plain it to me then.:)

He's only approx. 5 years old.

MoonandBean
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
OMG.....so funny! I too was picturing a big harley dude and the name on the license plate and the "real cell phone" made me hesitate but only for a second...I didn't ever think it was going to have been a child until you said so. It's even funnier reading the 2nd time around when you know it's a 5 year old :)

Thanks for the laugh.

shepgirl
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
That really does sound a little off the wall for a 5 yr old. I got ready to tell you we were all right about how good you looked on that picture you posted of you and your son on your 60th birthday...then I got to where you mentioned his age and I'm all wide eyed.....lol. My kids didn't even talk to strangers at hat age - our rule- I feel sad for this little boy. And my kids didn't have a cell phone at that age either.

Catty1
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
His bike has a really distinctive license plate...maybe family services would keep an eye out for it if you called in? What about the police?

I'd be uneasy too, and want someone to look into it...

jackie
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
His bike has a really distinctive license plate...maybe family services would keep an eye out for it if you called in? What about the police?

I'd be uneasy too, and want someone to look into it...

You would call family services because a little boy was chatting to you?

kitten645
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
My first thought was "What kind of guy has a license plate with his name on his bike?!:eek:" ROFL!
Claudia

shepgirl
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I agree with Catty about calling CPS. Not because he's chatting up as you say, but because roaming around alone at such a young age with his name on his license plate makes him easy prey for some degenerate.
That's what CPS is for, to protect kids and maybe educate the parents on how to keep their son safe.

CountryWolf07
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree with Catty about calling CPS. Not because he's chatting up as you say, but because roaming around alone at such a young age with his name on his license plate makes him easy prey for some degenerate.
That's what CPS is for, to protect kids and maybe educate the parents on how to keep their son safe.

True true.