PDA

View Full Version : I made the local newspaper!

davidpizzica
05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I was going into the supermarket to get groceries. Before I reached the door, two ladies were there, one with a camera. The one lady asked if I drove the Parkway,(the main artery into downtown Pittsburgh), which had detours around it because of road repair. I said, "I avoid driving on there if I can help it." So now about three people have stopped me to say, " I saw your picture in the paper." Now I want to see the article and a few people will give me copies. I hope the picture is good!

Medusa
05-04-2008, 03:39 PM
How 'bout that! A good reminder to not wear fuzzy bedroom slippers into the grocery store. LOL Just kiddin' w/ya. Maybe you can post the pic on PT when you get one. I want to see a fellow Pittsburgher.

davidpizzica
05-04-2008, 04:13 PM
How 'bout that! A good reminder to not wear fuzzy bedroom slippers into the grocery store. LOL Just kiddin' w/ya. Maybe you can post the pic on PT when you get one. I want to see a fellow Pittsburgher.

Mary, I wasn't that bad, but I was still a grungy having just coming from work. BTW, they took the picture at the entrance to the Giant Eagle in Penn Hills shopping center. When I get a copy of the article maybe I can mail it to Moosmom and she can scan it for me.

Medusa
05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Mary, I wasn't that bad, but I was still a grungy having just coming from work.

Isn't that always the way? We never get caught unaware when we're looking our best. Aw well, no matter. Penn Hills. Boy, I haven't been there in ages. Oakland and Squirrel Hill were my usual places to go because, when I was in theater, several of my friends lived there and we'd go to their homes after class for dinner. Plus I loved shopping in Oakland and eating in the restaurants. I used to eat lunch at a place called The Paper Tiger. At least I think that was the name. Do you know it? Of course, it may be gone by now.

Laura's Babies
05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Can I have a autographed copy so I can say I knew you "when"?

LOL! Congrats to your 15 minutes of fame!!!!