PDA

View Full Version : Beneath the cover of darkness

ChrisH
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
At around 4:15am this morning, while passing though the living room on the way to the bathroom, I sleepily noted a shape where one shouldn't be. Before I came back through I had already figured out what made it so I went straight to where my camera was, swiftly turned on the light and this is what I snapped.
Ebby napping in her doggy brothers crate. ;D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202008/IMG_1423.jpg

She then turned the alien evil eye me as much to say 'that stupid dog didn't even notice I was in here and you just had to let him know didn't you?!'
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202008/IMG_1424.jpg

She was still in a mood with me at breakfast.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202008/IMG_1425.jpg

:D

Laura's Babies
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
LOL! Show a feline a empty bed and what else can they do? I keep telling myself I have got to get in 1-24 hour period pictures of how many beds Amy will sleep in.. There are so many beds and so little sleeping time... They like sleeping in the cage I bought too... or boxes... or baskets.... or a comfy blanket... bed or....... (you get the picture?)

Can't wait to see what happens when the dog wants to get in there and Ebby is already in there..

Vio&Juni
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
That's funny.

But try to get her in a crate... when you need to :)

catmandu
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
OH HOW TRUE IS THAT!
JOSEPH WILL OFTEN SLEEP IN A CARRIER, BUT AT 230 MONDAY AFTERNOON, HE WILL BE NOW WHERE TO BE FOUND!!!
NOT THAT I BLAME HIM THAT MUCH, HE HAD A ROUGH TIME AT THE VETS LAST TIME.
I GUESS EBBYS MAD THAT YOU SPOILED HER SURPRISE FOR HER DOGGY FRIEND, WHO KNOWS THEY MAY HAVE HAD A SNOOZE TOGETHER!!!
A CAT OWNS EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE, DONT YOU KNOW TAHT MEEOWMIE, SHES SAYING!!!
:cool: :rolleyes: :) :cool: :p :cool: ;) :cool: :D :cool:

Medusa
05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
That'll "learn" ya. :p

jazzcat
05-03-2008, 11:46 AM
LOL. Gotta love those "kitty moods". Looks like Ebby has it mastered.;)

ChrisH
05-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Can't wait to see what happens when the dog wants to get in there and Ebby is already in there..
That's a worry actually. She doesn't like Bob and has been known to swat at now and then, but not made contact to my knowledge, she mostly just moves away when he comes to close. Bob isn't at all frightened of her just keeps his distance when I request it. My fear is that Ebby being in the crate and having nowhere to run the only option for her is to fight and I know Bob will retaliate.

Vermontcat
05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Ebby, aren't you cute sneaking into Bob's bed when he's not looking.:)
So where was Bob at the time?
Was he trying to sleep in Ebby's bed or maybe your bed instead?

BC_MoM
05-04-2008, 01:03 PM
LOL! Caught in the act, eh?

krazyaboutkatz
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
LOL Ebby sure is a sneaky kitty.:) That would be funny if you also got a picture of Bob sleeping in one of Ebby's beds.;)

gini
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, Bob, being the gentleman that he is - probably just turned around and found another place to sleep rather than disturbing Her Highness!

Those alien evil eyes will do it every time!!:D

Freedom
05-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi Ebby! Found a new blankie somewhere which had NO cat hair on it yet, I see. Glad you took care of THAT promptly, te hee.

ChrisH
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
So where was Bob at the time?
A few feet away on the rug.

Beside being a safe haven for Ebby my bedroom really is too small for Bob to be in, in fact I have a pet gate up in the doorway. (He has never slept on my bed, just will not get up on there.) There is just enough room for my bed with a set of drawers fitting snugly on each side, a wardrobe, and an old wicker blanket chest against the wall at the end of the bed. Ebby's commode, smallish scratch pole and a cat tree type thing is stationed under the window and in front of one of the wardrobe doors, her food & water dish being on a small table next to the wicker basket.

The bedroom leads on to the living room and I never fully close the door but rely on the pet gate. It has a cat flap in it which Ebby will not use, she can jump out but can't get back in so I have had to tape it open in case she gets stuck on the wrong side with Bob at her heels.:rolleyes:

At bedtime Bob will start out in his crate then wander over to look through and see if I've got in bed yet, if I haven't he gets a goodnight pet. He will then either lie down in front of the door or go back to his crate, rotating through the night as he feels like.

Ebby will either be in the bedroom with me, (but never on my bed) sleeping on the wicker chest, the cat tree thingy, her bed just by the door or will spend some of the night somewhere in the living room. On the bigger cat tree, behind the sofa, on the sofa, or behind the other l/room door. She also likes to spend some time during the night/early morning behind the blinds looking at what is going on outside.

catfamily
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
oh that cracked me up so bad laughing because ebby really did look upset at you at breakfast time for giving away her secret;):D