PDA

View Full Version : I am SOOOOO PO'd right now!!

moosmom
05-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I received some of my stuff from Michigan. Most of it destroyed. My cat figurines from Germany and Italy destroyed. My ex-SIL basically took the boxes I so gingerly packed and threw them in bigger boxes with no packing peanuts to protect the boxes.

There are still a few things in her garage that she wants out by the end of the summer. Can I do without them?? Yes. Do I want to??? No. They are momentos of my trip to Italy when I was 15 and a whole bunch of other stuff that means alot to me. She said that if I wanted it, I'd have to drive out to MI and get it. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than ever set foot in MI again.

I can't afford the drive cuz gas is so high. My car is small so I can't fit much in it. I can't afford a rental truck and a trailer hitch won't go on my car.

UGH!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: She is such a 6itch!!!! Any suggestions??

lizbud
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry that your special stuff was ruined. :(

If you could afford it, I'd offer to pay to have her take the stuff to UPS
to pack & ship them to you.

Laura's Babies
05-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Hummm. What a delima.... Thoughtless and hateful of her to treat your stuff with such disregard. Is there any way you can bite the bullet and go get it yourself? In my last move I lost some of my stuff too... things that meant a lot to me. I had moved in with a friend that talked me into getting my stuff out of storage and stashing it at her house. She assigned me a area in her house to put it so as not to get it mixed up with some of hers.. We had a falling out and I moved out. When I went back to get it, I realized once unpacking that some of my prized momento's were not there. She had moved all my stuff to a different location in her house to store it and obviously didn't kept it all together. Did I go back and ask her where it was? No.. she was so tiwsted by the time I left that I knew she would say I was accusing her of stealing and it would have been a no win situation for me so I just wrote it off as gone...

Karen
05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Is she in proximity to any of our Michigan Pet Talkers?

moosmom
05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Karen,

I'm not sure. She lives in Wyandotte which is right outside of Detroit. I called my friend Kathy, who lives a few blocks away from her. She's going over there to go through the boxes left to see what's in them. I'm missing a picture of Italy that was taken when I was 15 (it's large and framed) plus framed sketches of my daughter from the time she was a year old till she turned 21. Other than that, I don't remember. My ex-SIL is very vindictive and would put all my stuff out by the curb in a heartbeat. She has no respect for other people's "things".

I emailed my brother for advice. He basically was right. It's just stuff and gave me options, all of which won't happen. So, I'll have to wait and see exactly what's left and go from there. I am NEVER setting foot in MI again. PERIOD.

I'll let you know what Kathy finds. I told her if there was anything SHE could use, to please help herself.

D%$# these gas prices!!!:mad::mad::mad: This just plain sucks.

Karen,

I never thought of that. However, I'd feel a little awkward asking them to go over there. I'm just glad I took with me when I left, what I did.

Chica
05-03-2008, 03:26 PM
WOW, BAD KARMA!!Maybe you should just forget about it. Start a whole new collection to represent your new life.:)
My ex through out my stuff because I wouldn't go back to him.So, I started all over , including my life.;)

Medusa
05-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I can only imagine how she would react if the situation were reversed. On the one hand, your brother is right; they're only things and the memories are w/you forever. When you move, you take the memories w/you. But it's nice to see a daily reminder of the places you've visited and the special events that occurred in your life. Do you think she'd be open to letting your friend pack up the rest of your stuff if you pay for the shipping? Obviously, you can't trust her to pack up the rest of the stuff and to treat it w/respect.

Medusa
05-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I can only imagine how she would react if the situation were reversed. On the one hand, your brother is right; they're only things and the memories are w/you forever. When you move, you take the memories w/you. But it's nice to see a daily reminder of the places you've visited and the special events that occurred in your life. Do you think she'd be open to letting your friend pack up the rest of your stuff if you pay for the shipping? Obviously, you can't trust her to pack it up and to treat it w/respect.

catnapper
05-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh good gravy -- this woman just keeps getting lovelier every time you mention her. I had no idea your brother got divorced though. did this just happen?

just keep reminding yourself that at some point in life she'll pay her dues for her behavior. Of course, we always want to see their dues paid sooner than later.

joycenalex
05-03-2008, 07:21 PM
i'm headed up to visit my mom not too far away from wyandott next weekend. PM me, maybe i can pick up and hold on to it till the bark park bash over the memorial day holiday.

moosmom
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Joyce,

Thank you so much for your offer. I'll PM you.