PDA

View Full Version : Bowmanville Maple Fest

fritz03
05-02-2008, 08:45 AM
The Maple Fest is tomorrow,weather not good,on and off showers.Mom is going with a friend of hers.I might go,depends if Larry comes and to take some junk to the dump then I would have to help with that.There will be crafts, street performers,high school students doing a skit every 30 minutes,carnival ,special events for kids including a pet show,Pancakes will be served and other Maple flavored food sold.People come as far as Kingston,Ontario,about 120 miles east of here,so it is a pretty well known festival.

Logan
05-02-2008, 12:37 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun, Barry! I'd love to experience maple syrup season some day!

Daisy and Delilah
05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I would also love to be there. I hope the weather turns out to be good. This is just great that the festival will go on, Barry. I think the town of Bowmanville needs to come together right now after the devastating fires. I hope it is the greatest festival ever. :D

I love maple but it just doesn't taste right here.

pitc9
05-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Wow Barry, my home town of Chardon, Ohio has a Maple Festivle every year also!
It's always the weekend after Easter and I always go for the maple stirs!

A maple stir is real maple syrup that you get in a little bowl and a wooden "spoon". You stir and stir it until it gets thick then you eat it.
Sounds funny I know, you'd have to experiance one to understand it! ;)

Hope the rain holds off for you Barry!