PDA

View Full Version : I really think my dogs hate me!!! :(

yorkielover
05-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Okay, so i have previously put some threads on here about how i am worried my dogs are upset with me?! because my fiance and i moved in with his parents and they were acting weird! well now the will have absolutely NOTHING to do with me! i am so upset over this that i lay in bed and cry...i know that might sound dumb but those are like my kids and they hate me! i have tried doing the things that everyone has told me to do, such as spend one on one time with them when i get home from work and things, but it just doesn't help. they used to sleep in the bed with us all the time, then they slept with his mom on the couch, (and back and forth to our bed and the couch during the night), now they only come into the room if we are eating or the light is on, other than that they are in the room with his parents. our youngest one frankie ( 1 ) he will have nothing to do with me, he wont let me take him out the potty or anything...what do i need to do??? I NEED HELP!!

Moesha
05-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Didn't you say last month that you had gotten them their own dog and had found a house for you to move to with your dogs? Are you still with his parents or is this happening in your new home?

yorkielover
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Didn't you say last month that you had gotten them their own dog and had found a house for you to move to with your dogs? Are you still with his parents or is this happening in your new home?

I did get them a dog and everything was okay with our dogs, but now they hate me! or something is going on, and I found us a house but he didn't like it, so we didn't get to buy it.

Karen
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, did you do any of the things suggested in your old thread?

yorkielover
05-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, did you do any of the things suggested in your old thread?

yes i did pretty much everything everyone told me to do...and they pretty much just ignore me...( for example:: lastnight his parents went to bed and they shut the bedroom door, and MY dogs layed outside the bedroom whining until they opened the door and let them in.) i tried to call them onto my bed and they would come for just a few minutes and then leave...i dont understand... :(

Karen
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Did you make a habit of the suggestions? These things take time. How much time do you spend with your dogs, one-on-one every day? Do you take them for walks every day?

yorkielover
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Did you make a habit of the suggestions? These things take time. How much time do you spend with your dogs, one-on-one every day? Do you take them for walks every day?

i spend every minute i can after i get off work..that is at 7p.m and i usually go to bed around 10 depending on if i have to work the next day...i just hope that after we move out they will go back to how they used to be...do u think they will?

Karen
05-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I think they will adjust well, though it may take a little time. Just keep playing with and walking them as much as you can. Hey, worst case scenario is your dogs will have two sets of "parents" who love them!

yorkielover
05-03-2008, 07:38 AM
I think they will adjust well, though it may take a little time. Just keep playing with and walking them as much as you can. Hey, worst case scenario is your dogs will have two sets of "parents" who love them!

True about the worst case scenario but i would much rather them just have one set of parents, but as long as they are loved forever then i guess i can live with that. thank you!! :)