PDA

View Full Version : Poor Braveheart

jenluckenbach
05-01-2008, 07:53 PM
His rear legs are getting weak. And since someone had him declawed, I get to watch him suffer as he tries to climb up on the sofa and can't do it because he is weak and has no claws. :( :(

He is eating less, and can't be tempted by much. Even what he enjoys he only eats a tiny amount of.

I practically have to beg him to eat every day. I follow him to place the food under his nose. And tonight I even lifted bites up to his nose on a spoon. (all while on hands and knees on the floor :rolleyes: )

I wish I could just LOVE him back to health......... :(

Anikaca77
05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh Jen...poor Braveheart, my heart is going out to you and him hoping he will eat more.

Poor guy.

Scooter's Mom
05-01-2008, 08:32 PM

If that were possible, he would be supercat! The love he's received in your home is so tremendous for him.

Please give him a hug and kiss on his head for me.

Medusa
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I do believe in that possibility, Jen, and if anyone can do it, our PT family can, especially you. We'll keep saying those prayers......

Freedom
05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh my, how difficult for you, Jen. Please remember that Braveheart has had a wonderful life since moving in with you, he couldn't have asked for better. That means SO much for the dear boy.

phesina
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh, dear sweet Braveheart, we love you so much! We are praying for you all the time.

kimlovescats
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry, Jen! I know how frustrating and sad it is to have a kitty who you just can't get to eat!

Hugs,
Kim

Catty1
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Major prayers for Braveheart and you. :(

Creator of Life - please restore Braveheart to health, where he can enjoy being loved for even longer...and because his health will bring peace and joy to those that so strenuously care for him. Let your love flow in through every living creature in that house, and may it heal all that is needed.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Laura's Babies
05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
AMEN Catty1!

Jen, he knows love now no matter what happens. He is no longer alone and he knows he has someone that cares about him. He knows you are putting your heart and soul into trying to help him.... so do we...

I hate hearing he is getting weaker but he hasn't given up yet! Prayers for that wonderful boy are on their way.

orangemm
05-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Dear sweet Braveheart, your name says it all. We are all praying and hoping that a miracle happens, that you will be restored to good health and well-being. Your meowmie loves you very much and is doing her best to see that it happens. All of us here love and care for you, too, so don't give up!

Hugs, scritches, and gentle pats to you, dear boy.

And, (((((hugs))))) to your meowmie...............

jenluckenbach
05-02-2008, 06:26 AM
I fear BraveHeart is giving up :(. Hasn't eaten very much and while it is tempting to force feed him with a syringe, I cannot......it would just postpone the inevitable.

He isn't walking too well, and seems less eager to do things.

With a heavy heart, I may need to START thinking about letting him go. (I am not rushing this decision, though) :(

Moesha
05-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Oh my. You're in my thoughts as well as Braveheart and your other kitties. As we all know, that is the hardest and yet sometimes the kindest decision we as a pet owner have to make. Hopefully you'll find some comfort in knowing that many others are feeling pain with you.

Medusa
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
I hope for your sake as well as Braveheart's that this isn't the case but, if so, we're w/you both every step of the way. You both have put up a brave fight and he has certainly earned his name.

Anikaca77
05-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Jen,

My prays and thoughts are with you, my vet has always told me you will know when they have given up and sad to my my dogs all proved her theroy right. They stopped eatting and the one passed away and the other was put to sleep. It was so hard.

I hope Braveheart turns around.

Melissa

I fear BraveHeart is giving up :(. Hasn't eaten very much and while it is tempting to force feed him with a syringe, I cannot......it would just postpone the inevitable.

He isn't walking too well, and seems less eager to do things.

With a heavy heart, I may need to START thinking about letting him go. (I am not rushing this decision, though) :(

columbine
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM
It sounds like he's living on pure love right now. All you can do is trust each other, and it sounds like you're both very good at that.

Love, Columbine

Laura's Babies
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Jen, that is the feeling I am getting about him. Bless his heart, he is just tired and wore out. He has been through so much and only God knows what he has been through before One By One got him. Like I said, he knows without a doubt that you have put your heart and soul into him and he knows he is loved.

ChrisH
05-02-2008, 09:26 AM
:( Extra prayers and good thoughts for you both are on the way.

Kirsten
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry to read this! :( Poor little boy!! And poor you as you really have to go through such a lot at the moment. It's just not fair!!

Lots of good thoughts for Braveheart!

Kirsten

Catty1
05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Dearest Braveheart...maybe he is just worn out. Hey, he got to eat PIZZA! :D He rallied so wonderfully.

I hope he will rally again. Jen - has he been like this since the phenobarb was started, or did he not start it yet?

HUGS and prayers. Does he appear to be pain-free, at least? Still enjoys cuddles and being loved?

Please give him a loving-over for me...

kb2yjx
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
If anyone could love him back to life, it would be YOU!!! However, because you love BraveHeart so much, you will make the right decision! Prayers go out to both of you!

GILL
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
The crew is still pulling for Braveheart and you Jen.

phesina
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Love and prayers for BraveHeart and Jen.

jennielynn1970
05-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh that sweet boy... I hope he will start to rebound and not give up. I know he has received nothing but love from you and Charlie... let's just hope he wants more of that and will fight more to stay with you. It breaks my heart thinking he's giving up, but he may have been through more than anyone will ever know, and he may just feel safe and finally through the storm with you, and knows it's ok for him to just rest now. :( :(

Big hugs to the sweet boy, and to you too.

jenluckenbach
05-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Please visit cat memorial.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2006747#post2006747