PDA

View Full Version : A tip to ensure youth and beauty for another year

Medusa
05-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Today being May 1, go outside and wash your face in the early morning dew. I just did and I'm sure my neighbors see me do it every year but they're afraid to approach me about it. Heh heh heh. Legend has it that it ensures youth and beauty for you for another year. I used to call my second mom, Helen, who lived to be 82, and one year I forgot and she called me and said "Hey! You'd better find something to improve your memory! You forgot to tell me to wash my face in the dew!" May 1 is bittersweet for me because I sure do miss her, my mentor and good friend, who taught me how to plant flowers and who said "You can't improve upon God's handiwork but you can be his helper". A stroke took her but the day before she was lifting heavy boxes and working at the food bank, so she lived a good, long life and the morning dew kept her beautiful inside and out.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I've never heard of that! Too bad it's Wisconsin and it's too cold to have dew in the grass right now, :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Aw, shucks....the dew's all burned off already...but maybe if I run outside & look in the shade? Gotta go........

pitc9
05-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks for sharing that, I've never heard of that!
Sounds like Helen was a wonderful person!

kittycats_delight
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I'll have to remember that for next year! Kinda late in the day here to find dew ...it is after 6:00pm. :eek: I am sure it must work cause you definately don't look your age and are a vibrant and beautiful woman. So I will definately be keeping it in mind for next year. I don't mind what the neighbors think...they all think I am the crazy foreign animal freak anyway. :p

Michelle

Laura's Babies
05-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Ah hem, will you remind us earlier next year? There is always a good morning dew in the deep south! (If I sleep late, does raking it off the car count?)

Medusa
05-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Ah hem, will you remind us earlier next year? There is always a good morning dew in the deep south! (If I sleep late, does raking it off the car count?)
Yep, I promise I will. Hey, dew is dew. Who cares whether you get it from the grass or your car. I spackle that stuff on this face!

Laura's Babies
05-01-2008, 04:43 PM
All the years I have missed doing that has caught up with me.. :rolleyes:

Medusa
05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
All the years I have missed doing that has caught up with me.. :rolleyes:
LOL ;)

gini
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, NOW she tells us!!:D

Jessika
05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
...really? Are there any articles on this or somethin'?

I can't imagine it would hurt, my only concern is that it would be full of pollen. I know my car is YELLOW at the end of the day, so I can't imagine what's on the grass!! Probably make my allergies go haywire... no pun intended ;)

chocolatepuppy
05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Darn, I wish I'd have know that in time! Please make sure and remind us before May 1 next year Mary! :D

Medusa
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, NOW she tells us!!:D
LOL, I'm sorry, everyone. I almost forgot about it myself but I'll be sure to be on top of it next year.

Medusa
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jessika]...really? Are there any articles on this or somethin'[QUOTE]

You can probably find something on the Internet about it. It's just a legend but one I've followed for years and it gives me somethin' to yak about. :p It's just one of many May Day traditions, such as dancing around the Maypole, etc.

phesina
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I am just reading this now, so it's way too late to get some morning dew from today.

If I got some of tomorrow morning's, would that be close enough to slip by?

Medusa
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I am just reading this now, so it's way too late to get some morning dew from today.

If I got some of tomorrow morning's, would that be close enough to slip by?
I'm sure that the goddess of youth and beauty would give you a special dispensation. LOL ;)

kimlovescats
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
What a beautiful story about your dear friend! She sure left a place on your heart and now the morning dew will forever bring you lovely memories! :)