PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know.

ChrisH
05-01-2008, 06:41 AM
As many of you know I am a huge admire of this man and this report- typical of many from one of the many Public Enemies filming site meet and greets - can perhaps make you all understand a little of the reason why.

Mr. Depp, as he seems delighted to be called, is a wonderful man. He is beautiful on the outside, but he is even more amazing on the inside. He regularly makes time for meet and greets, even after gruelling hours of filming. He's done midnight meet and greets because fans were still waiting. He's done early morning meet and greets after long nights of filming. He's greeted fans in cold miserable weather. He is remarkable in his devotion to giving back to the fans who wait patiently for just a glimpse. And he gives them so much more than they ever expected.

Here's the thing I really want to share about my photo. Johnny Depp is a very private man. His body guard, Jerry, comes out to tell the crowd the rules about being respectful several times before Johnny actually appears. I was fortunate enough to be directly across from the driveway where he walked out to the crowd. What I saw when Johnny Depp appeared was a man who is shy, and even a little apprehensive of a large crowd. I also saw a man who was delighted to be loved by so many and seemed eager to allow some photo opportunities. The moment he appeared was magical, and the crowd was hushed. He is very low-key and quiet, but he is very gentle and kind.

Words really don't describe the once-in-a-lifetime thrill of seeing, up close, one of my all-time favourite actors. He is phenomenally good-looking. He is amazingly generous with his time. He is always amiable to standing crowds during filming; waving and smiling, nodding and tipping his 1930's style fedora. How incredible!

I have read many a heart-warming report which - don't worry, I won't bore you with them - which have affirmed my belief that he is one very special person.

Medusa
05-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Sometimes you can tell that about a person, even w/out having read anything about him. I've not read any bad reports about this man, when so much about Hollywood is bad news. He's one of my favorite actors, too, but I know how special he is to you and, I think, for good reason. :)

ChrisH
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumbsup3.gif Thanks Mary. :)

carole
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I am also a huge fan of Johnny, and it was very heart warming to read that about him, when ever i have seen him interviewed he alway's appears to be a very quiet, shy and humble man, that is why i adore him as well, although i have to say i was hugely disappointed in his role in sweeney Todd, i think it was degrading of him to take the part, I really hated this film, but he did act it well all the same. :) He is still my babe though lol. :D