PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Thread for Zippy-Kat's *MOM*

Cinder & Smoke
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Prayers for my Mom, please. It was confirmed today that she has cancer. :(

I'm taking the news harder than she is
and finding it easier to cope by ignoring/avoiding any conversation about it.

Her next doctor's appointment (to discuss a treatment plan) is May 6th.

Thank you in advance, for those of you who have the strength to Pray for us.

:(

Let's all gather around and send up some really strong Pet Talk Prayers
for Zippy-Kat's MOM,
her faithful Hubby, Zippy-Kat's Younger Sister, and our own Zippy-Kat (Tonya).
They all need to feel the strength and support of our PT Prayers.

May God be with you all.

/s/ Phred & the Prayer Pups

CountryWolf07
04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
You've got it.

Prayers and good things sent out to Zippy-kat and her mom and the rest of her family.

*hug*

K9karen
04-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Prayers from me, of course.

slick
04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
OMD, Zippy. I'm so sorry. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts.

I'm taking the news harder than she is and finding it easier to cope by ignoring/avoiding any conversation about it.
When I was first diagnosed with lung cancer I found that I spent most of the time doing the consoling. My family, coworkers and friends took it harder than I did. What I didn't like about it is that people would pat me on the arm and say "there, there now". Others simply said "I'm sorry you are sick." Excuse me, I'm not sick, I have cancer. Yet others were just like you. They would not acknowledge it and those people were the closest to me. I don't know the reason why, but I suspect that they viewed cancer as a death sentence, when in reality it's a life sentence and I mean that in a positive way.

Living with cancer is the best thing that could have happened to me. It changed my outlook on life and shifted my priorities around. Things that bothered me back then, don't mean a hill of beans now.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Be quiet for a time if you must, but eventually please think about opening up to your Mom. Tell her how you feel. She needs that. Talking about cancer should not be scary. When one family member is diagnosed with cancer, the whole family is diagnosed and all of you will go through treatment with her. Be there. Support her. She needs you and the rest of the family now more than ever.

{{{hugs and prayers}}} Zippy and you have my phone number. Call me if you need to talk. I'm here to be quiet and to just listen.

Love ya
Slick xoxoxoxo

Catty1
04-29-2008, 12:05 AM
PT Prayers again, Zippy. All that you need. :)

gini
04-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Many Many prayers will be offered for your Mom and for your whole family.

With much love for you,
Gini

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Your mom will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
04-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh boy, how frightening for you. It sometimes comes easily to us to pray for someone else, especially if that person is ill, until it hits close to home, then fear can paralyze us. You were wise to reach out to others for prayer until you can find some peace in your soul. Of course, we'll all pray for your mom and I will say a special prayer for you that you'll be able to find this peace. A diagnosis of cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence, sweetheart. Not in this day and age. But I know that right now you're in shock and that word looms large in your mind. Rest assured that God is aware of all that has occurred and will never leave you or your mom. My prayer for you is that you do not have to accept this as permanent, lasting, or even necessary in your lives. God is now dissolving and removing all illness from your mom. This situation does not frighten you, for God is w/you, upholding and sustaining you and making all things right. We will pray without ceasing. :)

Rachel
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Even though cancer is pervasive throughout my own family, I still don't know how to cope with its diagnosis. You'd think I would know by now after my mother, my sister, my great-nephew, several cousins and a close friend.

You just take one day at a time I guess, but you still end up feeling so unable to figure out what to say, how to think, how to feel. What you have to try to do, although I don't know that I ever achieved it, is not to let it rob you of today - the hours and minutes of our lives. Maybe that is what our Zippy has already discovered.

Pam
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Tonya, I am so sorry that you and your mom are going through this. I believe that God gives us temporary little cocoons to live in when we have something that is difficult to take in all at once. As you become stronger I know that you will become actively involved in your mom's fight with this awful disease and be a source of strength for her. Your friends here at PT will keep both you and your mom in our prayers. (((hugs)))

Pawsitive Thinking
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Will be thinking of you all

shais_mom
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
much love and prayers on the way!

pitc9
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
{{{{HUGS}}} and prayers sent.

slick
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I woke up this morning with you on my mind Tonya and as I go through a busy work day, you won't be far from my thoughts.

I want to encourage your Mom, you and the family to contact the American Cancer Society. If you log on to the main site and punch in your zip code, it will bring up the closest office to you. They have a wealth of information and I know that they can be a wonderful resource. You have not mentioned the cancer site and I know it's early in the game but it never hurts to get on the internet and find out as much information as you can and write down questions...no matter how dumb you think they are. When it comes time for the doctor's visit, you will are armed and organized. I was so thankful that I did that and I had someone come with me for my first visit with the surgeon.

I did get your email last night and will respond when I get home from work tonight. In the meantime just remember that God will not give you more than He knows you can handle. Do not be mad a Him. If you must, be angry at the cancer.

xoxoxo

lizbud
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
You & your family will be in my prayers. Cancer can be a very scary word,
but with early diagnosis & treatment,it doesn't have to be as hard to face.
I would urge you to learn as much as possible about your Mom's case &
the methods of treatment she will be facing.Knowledge can be a powerful
tool to help understand & make good choices to help her & the whole family.

Big (((Hugs))) to you both.

Daisy and Delilah
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
My thoughts and prayers are going out for the entire family. I wish all of you all the best. :(

gini
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I woke up this morning with you on my mind too. I think the word "cancer" is like having someone stick a knife in your stomach. And you stand there - looking at it - in total disbelief that this could happen - and then wonder what you are going to do about it. In the meantime your mind is a whirlwind of thoughts that you cannot seem to tame.

It will take a while for it to sink in - start a plan of action including the good advice that Slick is offering. There is so much support available for the whole family - you don't have to go through this alone.

Now - this thread will fill up with more and more prayers every day wrapped in love for you.

Karen
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
You are in our prayers.

Logan
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
You are all in our prayers, too, Tonya. Be strong for your mom. I know that having you near is going to help her.

lvpets2002
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
:( Oh I am so sad to hear this about your Mom.. Yes sending Many Many Prayers && Huggss..

momoffuzzyfaces
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
they viewed cancer as a death sentence
That's exactly the way I felt when Dad was diagnosed. He beat it and so did his sister. She beat it twice, and is still going strong at age 81.

I am so sorry my friend, that you and your family are going through this. Lots and lots and lots of prayers are on the way from me. I'm here for you too!!!

I know there are lots of prayers coming from a certain bunny and doggie, who are at the Rainbow bridge.

(((HUGS)))

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
;)

Thought we otta slip in da 4pm Prayer for New Mexico Mom.

Feel Better, please.

:)

jennielynn1970
04-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this... your family will be in my thoughts and prayers every day. Be strong, and know that we are all here for you! HUGS!

wolf_Q
04-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, Tonya. :( I'm keeping you, your mom, and your family in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers for your whole family.

K9soul
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
You and your family are most definitely in my prayers.

zippy-kat
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Thank you, tremendously. Your words/prayers are a stronghold.

I'm trying not to let fear consume me, though I haven't been exactly victorious in that aspect. Mom is taking this stoically and here I am a sobbing, shaking mess. I need to be there for her yet can't do anything but cry... talk about feeling guilty.

I don't feel like writing much right now but needed to let you know how deeply appreciated your prayers are. Thank you, friends.

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2008, 10:34 PM
{{{BIG HUGS}}} to You AND Mom!!

You've got a lot of our phone numbers ... mine's good 24/7 - anytime you need a friendly voice.

And please show Mom these postings - let her know she's got a lotta Friends she hasn't met, yet.

We're ALL pullin for you guys ... and for Mom ~ Feel Better Soon, please!

More {{{Hugs}}}

/s Phred

RobiLee
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Tonya, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let your mom know how much we all care and that there are lots of people thinking about her and praying for her.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Bengalz
04-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Tonya,

I am so sorry to hear your Mom is having to deal with this. I'm sure she has the best of care and a family that is there to support her in every way. Don't feel guilty about being in shock - she is your mother and you love her - it's completely understandable. I know you will be a tower of strength for her whether you realize or not.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your Mom and your family. Take each day as it comes and treasure the moments.

Hugs, Betty

moosmom
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Big HUGS to you Zippy-Cat and loads of prayers for your Mom.

gini
05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Prayers are being said daily....................and love sent to you!

Cinder & Smoke
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Tyme for another New Mexico Mom Prayer!

*said*

Feel Better, NMM ;)

slick
05-02-2008, 12:21 AM
More prayers from KA-NA-DA.

♥♥♥

RICHARD
05-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Prayers needed?
Prayers sent.

Best wishes to Hobbs.

ramanth
05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Many more thoughts and prayers sent. *HUGS*

Catty1
05-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Your mom will be fine...look who's on the job: ;)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kitten-doc.jpg

cyber-sibes
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
(((hugs))) Tonya, my mom had cancer too, and I also felt very conflicted. Like Slick said, it also brings the opportunity to refocus priorities. My mom & I had some of our closest times as she went through treatments. Just take it a day at a time, and you will all get through it. And you've got about a thousand shoulders to cry on whenever you need to here on PT. ;) You'll be in my prayers.

Randi
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that your mom will recover.

(((((hugs)))))

Cinder & Smoke
05-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Wishing our MOST
** Favorite **
New Mexico MOM
a SUPER HAPPIE
Mom's Day!! :)

With LOTS of BIG
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
and Prayers for
Good Health in the
Years to Come!

;)

zippy-kat
05-10-2008, 08:41 PM
... and she's a mother all over again. Meet Grace:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/05-6.jpg
14oz(!!) orphan kitty - runt of the litter

Some family members are less than pleased. :D
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/pissykissy.jpg
Please excuse her Royal Scruffiness; she's a pain in the butt to brush but a breeze to bathe.... I've just been putting it off. :o

Thank you guys, for your thoughts and prayers. Mom goes for for more testing (PET scan, bone marrow-something) on the 14th and another biopsy sometime before the 22nd; the doc wants to know what grade of cancer it is before he administers chemo. I still can't talk about it much --just can't make peace with it-- but I sincerely appreciate your concern.

Vermontcat
05-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Tonya, I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to this thread until now.
Sending hugs and prayers for your Mom.

I love the photos you just posted.
Grace is a little cutie, I bet she's nice to snuggle up with.
K'Cee is so funny, she is definitely not amused.:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Seems like Pet Talk has another "Mother of Many" ...

Happie NEW Mom, New Mexico Mom!

Just remember ~ There's gonna be a whole BUNCHA us PTers with you
EVERY Step of the way ... God will have NMM Prayers commin out His ears!

Here's tonight *wish* that you Feel Better!
Grace otta help! :)

{{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
05-10-2008, 11:12 PM
So glad Gracie has been outed! :D
She was a secret hard to keep!:D

Karen
05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Gracie! I hear purr therapy is an important component of cancer treatments, so I am glad you are on board to help administer it!

slick
05-11-2008, 01:03 AM
As Karen said, PurrTherapy can do wonders. I know first hand.

Zippy, you, your family and your Mom have not been far from my thoughts. More prayers on the way.

Welcome Gracie!!!! You will love it here.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Prayers still flying here for you, your mom and the entire family.

Sometimes, all you can do is close your eyes and hang on to God's coattail. :love:

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
< dials God>

HI, God ~

Just a lil re-mynder Purrayer so's You don't furget Zippy's Mom ...
she needs sum Get Well Vibes frum You.
Anna {{{God'sHug}}} nebber hurtz.

And send wun to Zippy-Kat, pleeze.

OH, an THANKZ fur sendin the lil FurrBall ~ lil Grace Kitty ~ to give sum
kumfert
anna few < snikkerz > to NMM. She's a big hit wiff almost allua fambly ...
da Princess K'Cee bein da lone eggseption. Guess Ya can't make ebberbuddie Happie.

Thankz, God.
/s/ the Prayer Pups

Cinder & Smoke
05-22-2008, 11:32 PM
;)

Still Thinkin Good Thoughts AND sending up nitely Purrayers fur
our New Mexico Mom!!

Please Feel Better!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Catty1
05-22-2008, 11:38 PM
HUGS and hope all is going well! :love:

shais_mom
05-23-2008, 12:03 AM
she has had some procedures recently - a biopsy etc - and is in a lot of pain and has a not of nausea.
Keep the prayers coming.

Cinder & Smoke
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey There ~ New Mexico Mom ~~~

"Friday the 13th" seems like a good time to check up on ya
AND
Send some Purrayers and Good Wishes! :)

Don't let the superstitions of The Day get you down ...
The Pet Talker Army will help fight off the Evil Spirits!

Here's Hoping you're Feelin BETTER!

{{{Hugs}}} ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Prayers still on the way every day from me for all of you!!! :love:

Catty1
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Praying and hoping all is going well, and that your mom's spirits are good. Chemo can be really hard on a person...hopefully she can enjoy a lot of milkshakes! :)

HUGS

Medusa
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Lots of prayers here from Ohio still heading your way......

shais_mom
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Let's ramp up the prayers and healing thoughts folks,
today is the first day of many dr appts AND chemo.
Tonya and Dad are in tow and Tonya sent me a few txts.
The drs are saying 80% survival rate. Which I suppose sounds like a good number unless it is YOU that is being told that. :(

RobiLee
06-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Prayers are being sent!

Cinder & Smoke
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Let's ramp up the prayers and healing thoughts folks,
today is the first day of many dr appts AND chemo.
Tonya and Dad are in tow ...

Well, Zippy-Kat and Dad might be there in the flesh to *CHEER* New Mexoco Mom on ...

But she's never heard the PHUSS us Pet Talkers can raise!
Let's just see How Many Purrayers and Well Wishes we can round up and send to
our FAVORITE New Mexico Mom!

Gather 'round ... ready ... set ... PRAY!

As for the numbers ... we Pet Talkers have helped overcome worse odds ...
Pet Talk Prayers seem to get through to Heaven pretty well ... no point in stopping now ~
* Pray now ...
* Pray often ...
* Pray for New Mexico Mom
:D

Hey MOM ~

We're all here ~ *Rootin* our lil hearts out and *Wishin* you The BEST!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Prayers still flying daily here for Zippy-Kat and her Mom and the entire family!!! :love:

Medusa
06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
We pray w/out ceasing in this house! :)

shais_mom
06-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I was just going thru my txts and found one I missed this morning..
Diffuse large b cell lymphoma stage 2A, 6-8 chemo treatments, possible radiation afterward.
many prayers needed for chemo to get thru the nausea and hair loss :(

zippy-kat
06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. It's been a very emotionally charged day and I just want to curl up with my Kissie Kat (who hasn't left my side/lap since I returned home, save for the time I spent in the bubble bath).

I will definitely pass along your well wishes to Mom. It's going to be a rough few months and she can use all the encouragement she can get.

{{Thank you, friends, for taking over when I just don't have the words to pray.}}

Cinder & Smoke
06-18-2008, 11:30 PM
I will definitely pass along your well wishes to Mom.
It's going to be a rough few months and she can use all the encouragement she can get.

One day down ... a few more to go.

And New Mexico Mom's lil Pet Talk Army will be marchin along, every step of the way!

Sing along now ~
PRAY - 1 - 2 - 3, PRAY - 1 - 2 - 3, PRAY - 1 - 2 - 3 ...

I'll bet she's feelin just a lil bit better!

;)

krazyaboutkatz
06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care Tonya. (((HUGS)))

slick
06-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Zip: don't have the words to pray??? Don't worry. God knows about it and He's by your side whether or not you talk to Him.

Yes Phred.....pray 1,2 3. I'm in the marching band.
80% survival rate???? That's amazing and very good. She will win this battle!! Our prayers will make sure of that.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xoxoxo

M&M's Mommy
06-19-2008, 01:05 AM
We'll be praying for your mom.

anna_66
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Tonya, even though I haven't posted I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about your mom (and you of course;))
Lots of prayers headed her way.

(((HUGS)))
Anna

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Extra prayers for you all

AdoreMyDogs
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Tonya my prayers are with your mom and family. I'm so sorry that this is happening :( Hugs and lots of prayers to your mom during this difficult time.

Daisy and Delilah
06-19-2008, 11:50 AM
I have also been thinking of all of you. Thoughts and prayers still coming your way from Florida. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

gini
06-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Prayers R US!!

Tonya, just you take a step at a time - a minute at a time - leave the prayers to all of us.

God knows exactly what is in your heart right now. He doesn't need to hear from you.

Just know you are not alone - we are all right here and love you to pieces!

Logan
06-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Tonya, I have been including your mom in my prayers and will continue to do so. Keep your chin up. I know it is so hard, but your bright, smiling face will help sustain your mom and your family. :love:

ramanth
06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Prayers and Hugs

slick
06-19-2008, 09:28 PM
More prayers coming from KA-NA-DA. :love::love:

cyber-sibes
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Sibe vibes still coming from RI. Prayers and loving thoughts too.

Catty1
06-20-2008, 12:00 AM
PRAYERS, Tonya.

I was once in an Alpha course - the lady who ran it said, "When you don't know what to pray for - pray for blessings." :love:

{{{{hugs}}}}

Cinder & Smoke
06-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Tis Sunday Nite ...

Good Tyme for a Purrayer Fest for New Mexico Mom!

Let's all send our BEST *Best Wishes* down to New Mexico ...
NMM can always use some fresh ones!

Any exras?? Put Zippy-Kat's name on 'em.

Hope that progress is being made ~ and that you're Feelin BETTER!

{{{Hugs}}} from our Tribe

;)

Catty1
06-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Tonya - how are you? Big Hugs and prayers for you and your mom! I hope her body is adjusting to the treatment and she is doing ok.

wolf_Q
06-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Still keeping your mom in my thoughts. {{HUGS}} to you Tonya.

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Tonya, your mom still remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

zippy-kat
06-30-2008, 08:34 AM
:love: Thanks for your continued support, guys.

Mom had 3-4 days of extreme tiredness/weakness but otherwise is doing great. We went for the one week check up this past Wednesday and the doctor was extrememly pleased with the bloodwork (cell counts, etc.).

This Wednesday she has an appointment with our hairdresser; she's going to get her hair cut really short so that the hairloss (it's pretty much a given - 3 of the 5 chemo drugs cause it) won't be such a shock. It is "just hair" but it's also self image.

I don't recall exactly how this came about but we had an inside "joke" about envisioning the chemo as Kung Fu Panda, slipping in and kicking cancer butt. SomeANGELbunny sent us a KFP in the mail and he is AWESOME. :D I can't tell you how much that has lifted my mom's spirits. His phrases (and some of his moves :rolleyes: ) have become incorporated into our daily vocabulary. {THANK YOU!}

slick
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
What great news that the bloodwork looks good! It's the little victories that smooth out the journey. Yes, it's just hair and will grow back. Think of it this way. She has a chance to try on wigs of different colours and maybe become a stunning redhead, a blond bombshell, or a beautiful brunette. This was a thought that I entertained myself. :D

Continued prayers on this Monday morning and beyond.

:love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Prayers still flying from me for you and your mom!!!
(((HUGS))) to you both too!!! :love:

cassiesmom
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
"When you don't know what to pray for - pray for blessings." :love:

{{{{hugs}}}}

Dear God,
I would like to ask for blessings for Tonya and her mother today. Thank You for the blessings we receive.

Amen.

[[HUGS]] for Tonya and her mom,
elyse

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Good a Tyme as any ... Oooopsie ... It's now Saturday here, but still Friday for
New Mexico Mom! :)

So here's our Friday Night (Saturday Mornin) Prayer for NMM!

Hope you're both Feelin Better,
and Gettin Better!!

{{{Hugs}}}

Catty1
07-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Prayers for Zippy-cat and her MOM!

Hope all is going well.

{{{hugs}}}

Medusa
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Prayers to you and all my PT friends. You're never far from my thoughts. :)

jennielynn1970
07-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs from PA!

Cinder & Smoke
07-27-2008, 08:05 AM
A lil *note* from New Mexico Mom :) >>>

"I am doing well.

I am so blessed to have soooo many people in all corners of the country praying and wishing me well.
I really appreciate each and every one.
Thanks again for your prayers and well wishes."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pet Talk Prayers and greetings *DO* Help - please keep sending them.

;)

Karen
07-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Good to hear, she'll still be in our prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2008, 10:08 AM
More thoughts and prayers coming your way. Best wishes!!:)

Catty1
07-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Glad to hear you are doing well....

Hope your family and friends can goof around and make you laugh!

If you are up to it, how about some funny and sweet movies? I recommend Lars and the Real Girl - no huge acting names, but SO well done by every single member of the cast, and a great story...and laughs!

Hope this first 'round' is over soon and you get some time to recoup.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Catty1
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
More prayers for you, and hugs too. :love:

gini
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Just dropping by on this thread to let you know that I am thinking of your Mom and praying that all is going well for her.

Many hugs going out to you.:love:

Cinder & Smoke
08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Me Three!

ATTN: Zippy-Kat's MOM ... (aka New Mixico Mom :) )

Another Get Well Wish message for our Favorite New Mexico Mom!!

HOPE we're Feelin BETTER and Makin Progress!!

Prayers being sent!

{{{HUGS}}} to You and the Zippy-Kid!

;)

zippy-kat
08-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Mom had a scan (uh, PET scan, I think) week before last. She went for chemo this past Monday and got the results then. According to the doctor, "It could not be better." The tumor has shrunk significantly! Thank you, God!

So, two more rounds of chemo, then another scan and we'll go from there. Radiation is still a possibility; he said that the chemo will leave some scar tissue which is breeding grounds for these cancerous cells. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Grace got a belly-zipper installed on Monday so she's been extra cuddly for Mom. Purr-therapy is quite healing. :love:

Thanks for the continued well wishes!

shais_mom
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
as you know - thoughts prayers praises and love sent always.:love:

slick
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh Zippy, thats great news!!!

Please add me to the prayer circle and know that you have my good thoughts and well wishes flying over the border.

Much love
slick :love::love::love:

Catty1
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow - great news so far! Does she get a bit of a break from chemo?

That tumour is goin' back to NOWHERE! :D

Hugs, love and prayers to both of you.

Remember these? :D
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142442

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143160

How are the little zipper brat and the princess these days?;)

zippy-kat
08-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Does she get a bit of a break from chemo?

How are the little zipper brat and the princess these days?;)

No "real" break from chemo - treatments are/have been 3 wks apart.

K'Cee still reigns as the Pretty, Pretty Princess and Grace the zipper-bellied, well, temporarily, she's taken to bothering Sid.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/00-10.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Tonya, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing so well.:) She remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm also glad that Grace is giving her some purr therapy. She sure is a cutie pie.:)

Catty1
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Grace is providing purr therapy - and pure entertainment, it looks like, by pouncing on the bigger siblings! :D

Prayers that all continues to go really well! How is your mom's energy and appetite? HUGS to her and you.:love:

kimlovescats
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I haven't been very active on PT in a very long time! I am so sorry to just now be reading this thread! Thank GOD that your mom's treatments are so successful! I pray that things continue to go well for her and ((((hugs))) to you for extra support!;):love:

Kim

Randi
08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Tonya, I'm glad to hear it's going well for your mom, I know the treatment is a pain, but after it's over, it's forward from there! :) Stay strong! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to you mom, and (((hugs))) to you!

shais_mom
08-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Ramp up the prayers everyone, NM MOM is not bouncing back from Chemo like before, she is feeling like she was ran over by a MACK truck.:(

Catty1
08-25-2008, 11:29 PM
MORE PRAYERS for NM MOM! :love:

Gentle {{{hugs}}}

I hope you gain a bit of feeling better for the two more rounds!

Know that many many people are sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

wolf_Q
08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear your mom isn't feeling too well, Tonya. :( I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hoping she'll be feeling better soon!

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( She remains in my thoughts and prayers.

RICHARD
08-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Sending you some good vibes.

Hang tough!

Medusa
08-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Prayers going up from Ohio......

anna_66
08-26-2008, 07:00 AM
More prayers headed your way!

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
More thoughts and prayers going right out from me. :love:

gini
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Always praying that your Mom can beat this!:love:

shais_mom
08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I got a phone call about an hour ago that NM MOM has been admitted to the hospital for a couple days. She has an infection in her GI tract.
No wonder she was feeling so bad!
So they are going to keep a close eye on her for a couple days.
Keep those prayers coming!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Prayers still flying from me! Hopefully she'll feel lots better really soon! :love:

Cinder & Smoke
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey God ~~~

We thunk You were takin Care of this problemo??

I got a phone call about an hour ago that
NM MOM has been admitted to the hospital for a couple days.
She has an infection in her GI tract.

Hope You're keepin a close eye on New Mixico Mom now, God!
Maybe You could hop onna Silver Klowd Express an drop inna Hoppsbittle
to check her out ... kuppla {{{God'sHugs}}} mite feel purdy good to her.

And whilst You're so close, sum {{{Hugs}}} on Zippy-Kat would be nice, too.

Be sure to tell NM Mom that allua Pet Talkers anna FurKids are wishin fur a nice recovery
and are sendin Prayers ta be sure dat happens.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

zippy-kat
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Not much to report other than what Staci has already said.

Mom's in a very sterile room at the hospital. They're giving her an iv and "stuff" (getting specific info from dad is like pulling teeth). Some of the "stuff" is to combat the nausea, the other is some form of antibiotic. They also did an xray and more bloodwork to see if anything else was going on; results are not back in yet.

{{Thank you guys for your support.}}

Cinder & Smoke
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Mom's in a very sterile room at the hospital.

Awww, NUTZ! :(

I guess that rules out your *smugglin* Lil Miss Grace in
via baggy sweatshirt or backpack, huh?

Are ya sure she couldn't have a Stuffie? :(

BIG {{{HUGS}}} to New Mexico Mom!!!! ;)

slick
08-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh Zippy, I've got major LES here. :( I'm so sorry that your Mom is not doing well, but just know that with all these prayers going on she just has to get better and beat this disease.

Big {{{hugs}}} you :love::love:

shais_mom
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
NM mom is still in the hospital and really needs the prayers - she is having trouble breathing and they are suctioning her right now. Tonya is at work and I'm sure a nervous wreck so she doesn't know the details.
Last I heard she had c-diff in her stool which is HIGHLY contagious so that's probably why she's in isolation.

Catty1
08-29-2008, 12:44 PM
PRAYERS, PRAYERS and MORE PRAYERS.:love:

My sister used to get suctioned - and that is pretty nasty though necessary stuff.

I hope she gets over that infection and feels better soon!

Come on, MOM - tough this one out, and you'll be almost there!

Medusa
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
This sounds pretty rough so we're pumping up the volume on the prayers here in Ohio.

gini
08-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Dear God,

Please hear all of our prayers for Tonya's Mom................
cradle her in Your arms and give her peace and
restore her back to good health. Amen

My heart goes out to you Tonya and your whole family.

With much love,
Gini:love:

slick
08-29-2008, 01:22 PM
LES :(:(
Gini said it all.
I'm drumming up lots and lots of prayers. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Dear God,

Please hear all of our prayers for Tonya's Mom................
cradle her in Your arms and give her peace and
restore her back to good health. Amen

My heart goes out to you Tonya and your whole family.

With much love,
Gini:love:

AMEN!!!!

shais_mom
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I talked with ZIPPY and have come to the conclusion that she must have an NG (nasogastric) tube down her nose/throat to remove bile/stomach contents that is causing her stomach to bloat and therefore causing difficulty breathing.

slick
08-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh no. :( Poor Zippy....she must be going nutz.
Thanks for the update Stace.

RICHARD
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
We had the same kind of precautions when mom went in......Sending prayers to you and yours.....:)

zippy-kat
08-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Things aren't going so great right now. If you don't mind, we could really use some prayers - "extra strength" ones, at that.

Dad left for the hospital just a few minutes ago. If we could've found someone to do the morning feed/medicine of the animals for us, I'd have gone, too. I guess the "upside" to not being able to go is the fact it lets me get caught up on some of the "things left undone" (dishes, laundry, etc). The downside is, I want my mom -- moreover, I want her to be healthy. :( Anyway, I'll be leaving early in the morning.

If some improvement isn't seen in the next day or two, we might see about moving her to another hospital.

Daisy and Delilah
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm just reading this. I wanted to say that I'm still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry this is happening.:(

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
08-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Extra prayers, more prayers, PT prayers...if it takes another hospital to help her, then so be it.

God, wrap all this family in your love and healing. :love:

Vela
08-30-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm so sorry Tonya. Lots of prayers for your mom, and for you and your family. I hope she can feel all of our prayers like a warm blanket and that God offers her peace and comfort to get through this. Lots of hugs for you too.

Medusa
08-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Prayers, prayers and more prayers for your mom......

Randi
08-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that your mom will get better again.

Remember, we're all here for you. :)

Big (((hugs))) and purrs from Fister.

gini
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Even more prayers said in earnest for your Mom and your family today.

With much love, Gini

Catty1
08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
More prayers and energy today. :love::love::love:

slick
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Zip - you know that I have not stopped praying for you and your Mom. Tonight I have a candle burning for her here
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=6643905
as well as a candle burning in my living room.

Much love and prayers
Slick :love::love::love:

zippy-kat
08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
After a couple of very VERY bad days, mom seems to have reached a turning point. The NG tube is out, her lab work/xray is better than it was, she's breathing easier, her eyes are brighter, and she's more chipper. Still not out of the woods yet by any means but it's looking better. She's finally allowed to have small sips of water. They hope to move her on to broth/clear liquids in a couple of days. (It officially makes one week since she's eaten; she said she's been dreaming of food...chicken and dumplings, cheese and crackers, mac 'n cheese, applebutter, apple pie.)

The pain medicine that they give her (she's down to once or twice a day) causes her to hallucinate. It was alarming at first (especially since she was seeing people who had passed) but now that we know to expect it, it's somewhat amusing. While "under the influence" she's scrapbooked, stirred cake batter, dug in the filing cabinet, searched through a purse, and yelled at me to "Get K'Cee off the couch!!" lol (Technically, the critters aren't allowed on the living room furniture but nevermind the fact that that's where they spend a majority of their time. lol)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They really, really mean the world to us.

Catty1
08-31-2008, 09:36 PM
THANK YOU, GOD - keep getting Mom better! THANK YOU.

Zippy - I am sure she'll get a kick out of how 'domestic' and 'busy' she was during this time. ;)

This is very hopeful news...maybe in a couple of days, she'll be over the worst. Will it be a while before she is out of isolation?

HUGS to you all. :love::love::love:

zippy-kat
08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
In between pain meds, she's quite "with it" and, yes, we've all gotten a bit of a chuckle.

I'm sure they won't remove her from this unit until she's ready to go home and that will probably be this weekend at the earliest. I'm guessing they will keep her into next week.

:love: In the previous post, I forgot to mention that tomorrow is their 34th anniversary! :love:

jazzcat
08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm so glad to hear she is making some improvement and the tube is out.

Prayers on the way.

zippy-kat
09-01-2008, 10:45 PM
She was able to walk up and down the hallway 3x, today. They gave her a popsicle (and something else -forgot what) and she was able to keep that down. Still on oxygen but breathing better. HOWEVER, her lungs are collapsing and she's now trying to ward off pneumonia.

Will this ever end? :( Times like this, it seems like it won't. One of the scariest things is, how will we now determine what is normal chemo effects and what is the start of an infection? (The cancer center is sending home some test kits that we can drop off at our local hospital in case we are in doubt.)

I'm ready for the "no set back" days. I'm ready for her to be home. I may be twenty-eight years old but I still want/need my mommy.

Catty1
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM
{{{hugs}}} Good improvements...prayers that all will be fixed up.

slick
09-02-2008, 12:34 AM
That's wonderful news that she was able to walk today. I'm happy about that but saddened to hear about her lungs. I'm sorry but I had to chuckle a bit about her hallucinating. It brings to mind many years ago when a "then friend" had her husband in the hospital and they had him drugs for whatever reason and when we went to visit him and the nurses had to restrain him. Unbeknownst to them, he was allergic and he kept trying to get out of bed to "clean up the house" and "take the dog for a walk" and "set up the checker board for a game." He was seeing all kinds of people who had already passed. When we were there we both chuckled, even though it wasn't really funny.

34th anniversary???? Happy anniversary to Zippy's Parents. :love:

More {{{hugs}}} and prayers coming your way.:love::love:

As a footnote, you are never to old to want/need your Mommy. My Mom and I are very close and can't even imagine what state I would be in if she were in your Mom's shoes. Don't ever be ashamed to let the little child inside of you come out and want to be held.

RICHARD
09-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Hang tough and slow down a little.

I know what it feels like to go 150 miles an hour, when you are standing still.

more prayers sent.:)

Medusa
09-02-2008, 07:23 AM
We'll keep the prayers going that all will keep getting better and better......

cassiesmom
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
{{{{HUGS}}} and prayers sent.

From me, too!

K9karen
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I may be twenty-eight years old but I still want/need my mommy.

I know exactly how you feel at age 57

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
HEY - we got a >dial tone< <DIAL tone>... it's >Ringin< <RINGIN>!!

HI God ~

Hadda hard tyme gettin thru ... our 'puter's *busted*. :(

Glad ta hear You're makin progress wiff New Mexico Mom feelin better;
but kuld Ya try a lil Harder, God?
We'z all kind wurried 'bout her lungs anna breathin - dat's kinda *important* ta
have werkin rite ... we'll Pray Extra fur dat ta get better. ;)

When Ya get a minnitt, kuld You pass out sum {{{God'sHugs}}} to
New Mexico Mom and Zippy-Kat? That'll Help a lot!

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

Catty1
09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I checked a couple of sites, and it seems there are some treatments for collapsed lungs...NMM, I hope you don't need any of these and that your lungs are all better soon!:love:

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/collapsed_lung/treatments.htm

Treatment list for Collapsed lung:

The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Collapsed lung includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.

* Hospitalization
* Oxygen
* Chest tube - to release trapped air.
* Pain medications
* Watchful waiting - for very mild cases of partial lung collapse.
* Surgery

NoahsMommy
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
My Dear, Sweet Friend,

I've been thinking about you and your family like crazy this past few weeks. ((((((hugs)))))) Prayers are continually sent up for Mom and you...and the rest of the family.

Your mom's hunger and thoughts of food is a GOOD sign. When I'm at the "hotel", I can always tell if/when I'm getting better by if I even noticed my last meal or sip of water was a week prior. I would get hungry as my insides healed.

I know she's dealing with more than 'just' tummy stuff, but GOOD NEWS is always helpful and hopeful. Glad the NG tube is out - those nasty little things, and that's she's up and walking...and getting her reward popcicles.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Love, Kelly :)

Daisy and Delilah
09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
More prayers from Florida. This has to be so hard for all of you. Bless you all. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

zippy-kat
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Thank you all, reply-ers and lurkers alike, for following this thread.

I went to visit Mom today but got a late start because I FOUND a HORSE! :eek:

When I went to feed my horse (I board her), there he was schmoozing with the resident mustang. Had never laid eyes on this guy before and really had no clue what to do with him. (Oh how I wish you could just check tags and call an owner!) After a small game of "catch me if you can," I got a halter on him and stuck him in a roundpen. Anyways...

Today was a good day. Mom had a "bag o' blood" because she had a "borderline low" RBC count. We walked the hallways quite a bit, talked quite a bit, and (towards the end) cried quite a bit. (I didn't want to say goodbye -wanted to stay- and started crying. She cried because I cried and also because she's homesick.)

Lab reports came back and she is showing NEGATIVE for the c-diff bacteria. *yay*

Her oxygen levels are up, too. She no longer has to wear her oxygen thinger 24/7 - now it's just as needed (bedtime and occasionally after walks).

She had a milkshake and kept it down.

All in all, a very good day.

Oh yes, and a good day for the "stray," too. The barn owners found his owner. Three horses total got out last night; two went one way and he went the other.

shais_mom
09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
woot! so glad to hear this! :D

Catty1
09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
YAY - the horse found his owner, and your mom is improving in many areas.

Does not having to wear the oxygen mean her lungs are not collapsing any more?

Great news that there is no more c-difficile! YIKES - that is a REALLY nasty bug, one of the "Super" bugs I think. THANK GOD it's gone.

I hope your mom is home soon...if she keeps improving like this, it won't be long.

{{{{hugs}}}}

shais_mom
09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I checked a couple of sites, and it seems there are some treatments for collapsed lungs...NMM, I hope you don't need any of these and that your lungs are all better soon!

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/coll...treatments.htm

Treatment list for Collapsed lung:

The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Collapsed lung includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.

* Hospitalization
* Oxygen
* Chest tube - to release trapped air.
* Pain medications
* Watchful waiting - for very mild cases of partial lung collapse.
* Surgery
Actually a collapsed lung in my medical opinion (which is to say how Its explained to me in the medical setting) is considered this
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/collapsed_lung/article_em.htm

a PNEUMOTHORAX which is actually a hole in the lung. Can be caused by some people taking a deep breath, (also called spontaneous) or a traumatic puncture.
I'm sure Mom's lungs were getting heavy with fluids, (her legs were swelling as well), her inactivity and inability to stand up and walk around. Laying in one spot for a long amount of time. Therefore that was the predisposition of the pneumonia they were afraid of. They may have used the term collapsing but actually Pneumonia and a Collapsed lung are vastly different things.

Catty1
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Even the other site I was on described it...I just posted the treatments that were usually tried.

Zippy had said it was both, I think - but that's understandable. It's better that it was "just" pneumonia, as that can be more easily treated.

I just hope she is home with her daughter and husband soon! (And little Grace, the kitten nurse!;) )

krazyaboutkatz
09-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Tonya, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing much better.:) She and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

You're never too old to want/need your mother.;)

zippy-kat
09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Collapsed lung, pneumothorax, pneumonia.... I don't know. Collapsed lung and pneumonia were what the doctors/nurses said, so that's what I repeated.

Today, the doctors allowed her to have small amounts of food and she was able to keep it down. We walked and walked and walked and she was good. Still have to do the o2 at night. But they said that it looks as if she will be able to GO HOME Sunday or Monday!!

The oncologist came in today (surprised us because he was suppose to be leaving for vacation) and said that they may not do any more chemo, just plow ahead to radiation. I forget exactly how he phrased it but, essentially, the first 3 chemo treatments are the most important in terms of timing. After the third treatment you begin to have one week to "play around" (ie instead of having a treatment every 3wks, you may go to every 4wks).

Mom has had 4 treatments to date; her 5th (if keeping on the 3wk schedule) should've been this past Wednesday. So, I guess we just started our "grace" period. Though radiation doesn't sound "fun" by any means, surely it has to be easier than straight out poison? (I've heard both: chemo was easier, radiation was easier.) The plan will be found out next week.

One day at a time...

{Thank you all, again.}

Karen
09-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Still in our prayers! Keep up the good work, T's mom!

gini
09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Tonya, you know you can always count on my prayers and love for your family.

Cinder & Smoke
09-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Today, the doctors allowed her to have small amounts of food and she was able to keep it down. We walked and walked and walked and she was good. Still have to do the o2 at night.
But they said that it looks as if
she will be able to GO HOME Sunday or Monday!!

One day at a time...

Way to GO, New Mexico Mom!! :)

Walkin IS good --- helps build up your strength over your whole body.
Walkin wiffa Dawter is even PHUNN! :)

I took my hospital hikes with Mr. Bear tucked under one arm,
pushin the ole IV Pole with the other. Whadda sight we were!

Keep on Feelin BETTER, NMM!!
We're all *ROOTIN* for ya!!

{{{HUGS}}} ;)

Catty1
09-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Better news all the time!

I'm sure being home will help Mom feel a lot better.

I hope the radiation is easier on her than the chemo was.

Gentle {{{hugs}}} to NMM and PRAYERS. :love::love::love::love:
(for you too, Miss Zippy!)

Medusa
09-05-2008, 06:58 AM
That's very encouraging news! You must be elated! We'll keep the prayers going up from Ohio.....

zippy-kat
09-06-2008, 03:00 PM
She's home! :love:

Thank you guys for all the support!!!

slick
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you God!!!!!:love:
Gentle hugs for all of you...jk,d,.;'????????????????????????? (that was from Max) :love::love:

Karen
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
She's home! :love:

Thank you guys for all the support!!!

Oh, yay! As I always made perfectly (annoyingly, I am sure) clear to the physicians when I was hospitalized for my asthma - "I'll get better and feel better faster at home!"

Home, with the fur critters and skin family - is definitely the place to be.

Cinder & Smoke
09-06-2008, 03:57 PM
HOME, Sweet Home!!! :D

"I'll get better and feel better faster at home!"

Home, with the fur critters and skin family - is definitely the place to be.

Here's hoping the Feelin BETTER continues!

{{{HUGS}}}

RICHARD
09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I went to visit Mom today but got a late start because I FOUND a HORSE! :eek:

She had a milkshake and kept it down.

All in all, a very good day.

Um, Ma? The ani-mules got on the furniture and we have a horse now!

This is going to sound very disrespectful to some people, but, you may want to keep an eye on your mom.....

My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard,
and they're like
it's better than yours,
damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
but I have to charge.

:eek::rolleyes::o

I think it should be a great day!

Bengalz
09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
It is a GOOD DAY! Your Mom is sure to feel better at home surrounded by all that she loves :)

Give her lots of hugs - that always helps :D

Catty1
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
WELCOME HOME MOM!

I bet you are SO RELIEVED to be home. I bet you'll feel even better after a night's sleep in your own bed. :)

Hope Gracie gives you some smiles with her antics, and your fur nurses I know are ready to resume activiti - er, DUTIES! :D

Zippy, great news for you and your dad...hopefully you're on the treatment homestretch now. :love:

shais_mom
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I was OVER the MOOOOOON when I read this!! woooohoooo!!!:love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
AWESOME NEWS!!!! That's great. More thoughts and prayers coming your way for continued good uppydates.:)

Medusa
09-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Now that's what I call a good report! We'll keep the positive prayers going for even better results.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, Tonya, I'm so sorry I'm just reading about this now, after you've all been through soooo much!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and your entire family, and they will continue until we hear that mom is in complete remission!

Woo-hoo, mom's home, let the purr-therapy begin!

Oh, and don't worry, I'm 46 and I still need my mom too! I'm not sure, but I don't think that need ever goes away. At least I hope it doesn't. ;)

wolf_Q
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I know I haven't been posting but I've been following this thread. I'm very glad to hear your mom is home. :love: I'm always thinking of you and your family, I hope your mom continues to feel better. :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-20-2008, 11:13 PM
We need a Prayer Alert for New Mexico Mom!

Zippy-Kat has reported that NM Mom is in the ER :eek: with a Fever.
They're doing blood test to try to determine the cause.

Please send some PT Prayers for NM Mom,
as well as Zippy-Kat, sister Alyssa, and Dad - they will all appreciate your
thoughts in this difficult time.

Dear Mom ~

So sorry you're feelin poorly ... We'll keep sendin Pet Talk Prayers
till you're feelin BETTER and headed Home!

/s/ Phred & the Prayer Pups + One

slick
09-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Phred, thanks so much for posting this.
Certainly I will light a candle tonight and send out some healing vibes and lots of prayers to the family.

Come one now NM Mom.....you can pull through this. You've got all of us PTers pulling for you and we will help you through this. PT prayers work miracles.....we've seen it time and time again here, and with the prayers pups on the direct line with God, we can't lose.

Much love and prayers
slick xoxoxo :love::love:

shais_mom
09-20-2008, 11:34 PM
as of 12:30AM OHIO time
"looks like Infection. Possible didn't get over C-diff. (but haven't tested stool yet) Calling Dr. in Lubbock to decide what to do. :("

jennielynn1970
09-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Will be keeping Tonya, her mom and family, in my thoughts.

shais_mom
09-21-2008, 12:18 AM
another txt around 1am OHIO time states that the Oncologist disagrees and says to send her home and monitor her fever.
keep em coming! :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2008, 12:21 AM
NUTZ to the ole Fever!

Hopefully we can 'fix' a Fever.

HANG IN THERE, New Mexico Mom!!

The Prayer Cavalry are mounted up and on the way!

shais_mom
09-21-2008, 12:23 AM
NUTZ!

Well, we 'fixed' that C-diff once before;
we'll just have to 'fixzit better' this time!

HANG IN THERE, New Mexico Mom!!

The Prayer Cavalry are mounted up and on the way!

ppsssssst read the update I posted 3 minutes before you posted this. ;):love:

Catty1
09-21-2008, 12:25 AM
OK, Mom....big prayers atcha!

HUGS!:love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2008, 12:43 AM
ppsssssst read the update I posted 3 minutes before you posted this. ;):love:

Psssssst:

I type slow!
I changed mine.

;)

gini
09-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, big hugs for Tonya, her Dad and Alyssa - and prayers galore for her Mom.

You have so much love coming your way - I just pray that God is listening.

Medusa
09-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey now, no fair back sliding. You were doing so well so ya gotta keep it up. We'll send up many prayers that you will continue to improve, Zippy-Kat's Mom, just in case you need a little help. :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Been kinda *quiet* here ...

How's our FAVORITE New Mexico Mom doing?

Hope that nasty fever went away, and that your Feelin lots BETTER!!

Best Wishes for Continued Feelin GOOD!!

{{{HUGS}}} :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2008, 07:05 PM
*bump* ~ *prod* ~ *nudge* :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2008, 09:41 AM
How's our Favorite New Mexico Mom feelin now?

LOTS Better, we hope!!

{{{Hugs}}} :love:

Catty1
09-27-2008, 10:40 AM
HALLO, Zippy and NMM.

Hope all is well!:love:

zippy-kat
09-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks, guys. Mom's doing pretty good. She had a test that came back negative for the Cdiff bacteria - excellent news. Still feels a bit run down but doing well.

Chemo scheduled for next Thursday (I think) and, cross your fingers, it might be the last one. She'll have a something-rather scan a wk or two after the chemo to determine if any more is needed then it's on to radiation.

Onward and upward...

{Thanks again for thinking of us!}

Medusa
09-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I haven't been posting much the last couple of days but please know that your mom and all my PT friends are always in my prayers day and night. I'm glad she's seeing good progress.

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Mom's doing pretty good. ...
Still feels a bit run down, but doing well.

... then it's on to radiation.

Onward and upward ... ;)

Sooo, New Mexico Mom's Feelin BETTER, huh? {THANKS, God!!}

Radiation?
Is dat when she starts Glowin inna Dark?? :cool:

Hope da *GLOW* duzzint keep her awake at nite!

Hey Mom!!

Keep on Feelin BETTER each day!!

{{{HUGS}}} :love:

Karen
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Ooh, the last Chemo is always an occasion to celebrate! Here's hoping it IS the last one forever!

Catty1
09-27-2008, 11:35 PM
What Karen said! :D

I hope it is the last one!

Prayers for more good news on the scans.:love:

zippy-kat
10-03-2008, 07:53 AM
We're crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that yesterday was the last chemo. We will find out for sure in approx 2 wks when mom has the pet/ct scan(s) done.

:love:

Bengalz
10-03-2008, 09:10 AM
All paws and claws are crossed here for a good result for your Mom. Hope she's feeling better too:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-03-2008, 03:01 PM
We're crossing our fingers and saying our prayers
that yesterday was the last chemo.

"Last Chemo" is a good theme for Prayers ~ We'll work on that! ;)

FEEL BETTER, New Mexico Mom!! :love:

{{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
paws and hands/fingers etc crossed!!
much :love::love::love: sent!

Catty1
10-18-2008, 08:52 PM
How's our favourite New Mexico Mom?:)

zippy-kat
10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for asking...

A week ago, she was in the hospital for the day -- dehydrated, tummy pain, fever. They never did figure it out. But her oncologist wasn't too concerned with the results of the test(s) they did in the ER, so they released her.

Since then, the tummy pain has been an off and on ordeal. She had the scan this past Friday and goes this Thursday (?) for the results.

ramanth
10-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Many more prayers for her!!! :love:

Catty1
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Looking forward to good news on the scan. *PRAYERS*

I hope the tummy thing is minor...maybe from stress, or from what she hasn't been able to eat?

Gosh, she could likely use a nice relaxing vacation about now! You ALL could!

{{{{hugs}}}}

shais_mom
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I just got a call from Tonya who is in another part of the state (New Mexico) on a business trip and her dad called her to tell her the doc said

**"NO MORE CHEMO!"**
**the pain she's having in her belly is from a kidney stone which they aren't even going to touch until she's stronger and they decide if they are going to do radiation**
**She's getting an appt with another oncologist to see if she needs radiation**

Keep the prayers coming that the kidney stone passes on its own so she can be without pain. And that they decide whatever is best for the rest of her treatment.

Medusa
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh gosh, kidney stones are painful. We definitely will pump up the volume on prayer that she'll pass the stone quickly and easily. :)

gini
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
What beautiful three little words - NO MORE CHEMO!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Whooo hooo!!! No more chemo!!!

Zippy, I've been thinking about you a lot these past few weeks since we've been so close to Hobbs. I thought about contacting you to get together, but I knew what you, your mom and your family have been going through, and I decided it would be best not to interfere at this time - now I'm glad I didn't if your mom was hospitalized again and all....

However, I'm SO glad to hear she's doing better except for the kidney stone, of course, and there will be no more chemo - whooo hoooo!!!!

Give her all our best and next time we're through this area I'll look forward to meeting her. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
What great news!!! :) No more chemo!!!!

Prayers still flying from me for the easy passing of the kidney stone though. :love:

zippy-kat
12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
We are done.

Chemo? Done.
Radiation? Done.

Mom's last radiation was Monday. She was back to work by Wednesday. :rolleyes::D

She will still have to go for routine visits for awhile. I think they'll leave her port in for one year, so that will have to be flushed every so often, too. But we are DONE!

:love: Thank you all so so so much for your prayers. :love:

wolf_Q
12-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Good to hear!! I hope everything continues to go well for her!:love:

Bengalz
12-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Awesome news :D Your Mom is amazing:D Please give her my best and huge hugs for everybody (including the cute lil fuzzy ones:))

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
We are done.

Chemo? Done.
Radiation? Done.

Mom's last radiation was Monday.
She was back to work by Wednesday. :rolleyes::D

Back to :eek: WORK, Already???

There shudda been a ParTEE of Celebration before *werk*!!

Now we really otta Gathur the Klan and send some really BIG *Thank-Yewz*
up to GOD! He prolly had a lot to do with Mom's recovery. ;)

THANKS, GOD!! :)

And some :love: {{{HUGS}}} :love: to New Mexico Mom!! :love: :D

ramanth
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Yay!!! Great news Tonya! :love:

slick
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Praise the Lord!!!! :):)
I'm just as thrilled as you all must be. Wow, back at work so early??? I hope it's only half time for a bit until she gets back into the swing of things. NM Mom still needs to conserve her strength.

The routine visits will be a snap! Does she know how many people around the world have been praying for her?? :love::love:

Catty1
12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
GREAT news!!!!!!

You guys must be so relieved!

Is she on 'lighter' duties at work for a while? I wonder if she still might get tired easily.

HUGS!

Karen
12-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Such good news! Methinks she deserves a big cake with just

Done!

written on it!

AdoreMyDogs
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm so glad! Yay! Yes prayers are so very powerful, they do work miracles. I added your mom to my prayer list and I know everyone here has been praying for her as well. Thank you God for answering all the prayers!!!

gini
12-12-2008, 12:07 AM
And now it seems appropriate that we reverse our prayers to prayers of gratitude!!

Oh boy, what absolutely wonderful news - just in time for Christmas!

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that she continues to remain happy and healthy from now on.:)

jennielynn1970
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
So glad to read this!!

Medusa
12-12-2008, 06:58 AM
What absolutely wonderful news about your mom, Zippy-Kat! Another Christmas miracle. :)

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Such good news! Methinks she deserves a big cake with just

Done!

written on it!

LOL, I should have grabbed a patent on that saying!:D

GREAT NEWS!

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
HEY PTers ~

We need some good ole Pet Talk Prayers for Zippy-Kat's MOM >>>
aka New Mexico Mom ...

The MOM is visiting the Oncologist tomorrow/today/ Wednesday for
a follw-up test to verify remission.
Please Pray for GOOD test results -That will mean she's passed the one-year mark. :)

Zippy-Kat is gonna ride along for moral support - wish 'em both a Good Trip!

We're with ya ALL the WAY, New Mexico Mom!! :)

{{{HUGS}}}

Karen
03-23-2010, 11:08 PM
We're thinking of you and your mom, Tonya! Best wishes for good results!

slick
03-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh Tonya.........
Prayers, prayers and more prayers coming from me. "Remission" is the best R word I know.

{{{hugs}}} :love::love::love:

Medusa
03-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Prayers going up right now in Ohio......Keep the faythe. :love:

Cinder & Smoke
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
It's never too late to add a Prayer.

Anikaca77
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
My prays are going out to ya'll.