PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time...

catnapper
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Things are absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y around here. I sometimes feel as if I'm on a roller coaster and the ride forgets to let me off, I just keep going round and round and over hills with steep drops.

Here's a short synopsis of life here in the catnapper hotel:
Hubby is still out on disability. He's working hard on getting himself healthy. his BP has dropped, but he stills stops time to time to clutch his chest. That scares me like nothing else :( He has lost some weight - he goes to the Dr. tomorrow for a weigh-in and BP check. He's supposed to be working on telling the kids "no" and not doing such a fantastic job of it :rolleyes: (especially when it comes to telling Ashley she needs to be a mom)

Speaking of Ashley.... that girl can be a novel in her own right. At least a soap opera. she has her very own little stalker who does such wonderful things as slice her tires. I could spend all afternoon griping about her, but it'll only succeed in making me grumpy :p

Hubby's learning a LOT being home all the time. All the little things that drove me nuts.... they're taking him over the edge. Since he's now cleaning and picking up, I don't have to do it, so those little things don't bother me at all anymore LOL

He and I have been walking at least 3 miles a day. We're both doing well with weight loss. I'm doing better than he is!
Here I am in January -- AFTER about a 10 pound weight loss... yikes!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/January-before.jpg

Here I am two weeks ago.... so far I've lost 41 pounds :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/April-after.jpg

We go to parks for walks and take Cameron with us. He prefers to push his stroller instead of ride in it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/littleWalker.jpg

Cameron is a little sweetie. He's so smart and such a little ball of energy. I asked him to help me put groceries away and he put them all exactly where they belong!

His mom decided to give him another mohawk. Unfortunately, he is nothing more than a fashion accessory to her. She'll take him out only if its somewhere that will get HER lots of attention because she has HIM.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/2008mohawk.jpg

Hubby went and shaved it a few hours after he saw it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/CrewCut.jpg

And he LOVES his Nicki. She loves her little boy too. She has come alive again since he's come back. I just wish she would reverse time and become young again. She's so old. One day she's perky and puppy-like. The next she's a sad old girl who doesn't want to get out of bed. She's recently started to have potty accidents too.... I don't think she even realizes she's peed. She's been checked by the vet -- no infection. No problems with blood work. It all came back perfect. the vet just says its old age.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Nickihorse.jpg

Thats about it. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. Too much going on with work and my second job and watching Cam when I am actually home. I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow most nights.

Medusa
04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow, you're but a shadow of your former self! Keep up the good work of taking care of your health. That's wonderful! Now if we can just get that man of yours to follow suit (w/taking care of himself, that is).....

Grace
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
WOW - Congratulations on the weight loss. You look fantastic!!

About Nicki and the accidents. Glacier is giving Pirate, her newest old dog, DES and it works. I think she gives it every 5 days. You could check with your Vet and see what he thinks. Glacier said it has worked wonders for Pirate.

Catty1
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
You are looking great, girl! :D

I just love Cam and Nicky! PM Glacier about the DES - it really helped her older dog Pirate. And if Nicky is arthritic, Glacier raves about Metacam. :)

I really hope your hubby learns to be a DAD to Ashley. Also - although she is not sane, she might have little to do with that stalker. They are a breed apart. I would guess the cops have been notified?

I guess there is no legal way to force Ashley to get an assessment - even in hospital? I just hope you and hubby can get custody of Cam somehow in case she flies off the handle again. But I really believe - as I would guess you do - that firm words from Dad would totally shock her...and might lead to her changing.

At least you are getting some breaks from some household tasks. :)

HUGS and keep on walkin'!

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Kim, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sorry that your life is such a rollercoaster. You sure look great.:) Congrats on your weight loss!!!:D

kuhio98
04-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Kim ~ You look fantastic! Keep up the great work.
So glad to hear that hubby is working on his health too.

Kirsten
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Kim, you look great!!! Congrats on the weight loss! :rolleyes:

But apart from that... wow! Too bad that Ashley can't take her responsibilities as a mother seriously! She has such a cute little boy!!

Kirsten

Freedom
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
You look wonderful keep up the good work!

Hope the other aspects of your life take off in the right direction soon.

Daisy and Delilah
04-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Great job, Kim!! You look fabulous. I'm so happy to hear that hubby is on the healthy lifestyle too. I don't know how you guys do it. I have little or no patience in such situations. I would have lost control of myself a long time ago. I would be a looney bin resident. Best of luck that everything gets better and better. :)

moosmom
04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Holy S$#@ you look FABULOUS!!!!! I guess stress does that to people.

carole
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
So sorry to hear about your family problems, that in itself would be enough to make me pile on the pounds, i just wanted to say you look fantastic, and you are such a pretty woman too, i envey your arms, you have great arms, I only wish, my bat wings would go away forever.

Keep up the good work, you really do look awesome, i can only hope things improve in your home life, take care, HUGS.

pitc9
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
WOW you look GREAT!!!!

Keep up the good work!

jennielynn1970
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
You look fantastic!! I'm coming to walk with you guys!

I hope Grant will start to feel better. Sometimes you don't know if it's better at home or putting up with work. I hope he can get his health improves and he can get back in the swing of things.

Cam is still adorable! Glad the mohawk was shaved off, lol.

Big hugs going out to you guys, and the kitties and doggy too!

Rachel
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Whatever you are doing to lose the weight, please share your strategies. Excellent, excellent, excellent. I am in awe of your achievement. Keep up the good work. If your hubby keeps exercising by walking and follows your eating plan, I would think his health is sure to improve.