PDA

View Full Version : Cammie workin' on her tan

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Before the Weather Gods dumped 20 inches of snow on us yesterday (http://www.adn.com/626/story/388142.html), Cammie took the opportunity to soak up some rays. Do any of your cat's coats look like polar fleece? :confused: Her fur never lies down.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/April026.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/April029.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/April030.jpg

And check out that orange tail. Sometimes I wonder if the kitty assembly line put the wrong tail on her. :p

Moesha
04-27-2008, 02:54 PM
hehehe I noticed that tail and was going to comment on it even before reading your mention of it. That's so cute.

Killearn Kitties
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't listen to a word that your wicked meowmie says about you Cammie. I have always thought that your meowmie talked nonsense. You are perfect, including your tail. :D

Sorry you have to deal with 20 inches of snow though. :eek:

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Hee hee. I just love how cats sleep in the strangest positions. And no matter what your fur looks like Cammie, you are still adorable to me, orange tail and all. :D

catmandu
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
WE HAD A FEW WEEKS OF 75 DEGREE WETHAER ANDNOW THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SNOW HERE TOO. WHAT AM I GOING TO TEL MY CATS WHEN THEY WANT TO GO OUT ON THIER PORCH!!! :mad: :o :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :mad:

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Don't listen to a word that your wicked meowmie says about you Cammie. I have always thought that your meowmie talked nonsense. You are perfect, including your tail. :D

Sorry you have to deal with 20 inches of snow though. :eek:Why thank you! I pretty much ignore everything my meomie says anyway. Once she told me that someone had done a very bad dye job on my tail. I told her to look in the mirror 'cuz her roots were showing! :D

Purrs and Kisses,
Cammie

Killearn Kitties
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Why thank you! I pretty much ignore everything my meomie says anyway. Once she told me that someone had done a very bad dye job on my tail. I told her to look in the mirror 'cuz her roots were showing! :D

:D I love it! You have such cattitude, darling girl.

Laura's Babies
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Such a lovely girl who has that "punk" fur do. Tell your Mommie that at least your tail isn't that punkie PINK! The orange one makes you so unique!

Medusa
04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey, Cammie has her own distinct look. It makes her totally different and a cut above the rest. :)

Emeraldgreen
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Cammie is simply gorgeous! :)
I had a tortie named Jade that lived to 21 and she looked alot like your Cammie. How old is she? Jade used to get that separated look to her fur if she was dehydrated. Do you think that might be the case with her? Could just be the dryness of the air and static though.

jenluckenbach
04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd love to bury my face in that warm, plush fur of yours!

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Cammie is simply gorgeous! :)
I had a tortie named Jade that lived to 21 and she looked alot like your Cammie. How old is she? Jade used to get that separated look to her fur if she was dehydrated. Do you think that might be the case with her? Could just be the dryness of the air and static though.When Cammie adopted us the vet estimated she was between 10-12 years old. We've had her for 5 years, so she's definitely a senior girl.

The vet had to extract 7 teeth last month. She is eating well, but I think she has lost some weight. I'm taking her back to the vet this week.

I will ask about the dehydration. That may very well be the case. Cammie will not drink out of a bowl. She's scared of the water fountain motors (we've tried 2 different kinds, and she never would go near them). So, we leave water dripping in one of the sinks.

I have noticed that her poops are very dry. She seems to live on the edge of dehydration. But, before they did the extractions, they did a senior blood panel on her. All her #'s were excellent.

CultureJunky
04-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Cammie is a beautiful girl in the sun. Sunny's fur is the same and never quite lies down flat, I think it's a senior lady thing. And that Ginger tail, are you sure you haven't pinned it on and are fooling us! :p

jazzcat
04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
I love that tail!!! How pretty!

Cammie sure looks happy on her unique sun bed.

About the dehydration and look of the fur, I'm so glad you brought that up Emeraldgreen. I've always noticed it with Ripey's fur when he need sub-q fluids but thought maybe I was crazy. How interesting!

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
She sure is a gorgeous girl.:) My Starr's coat tends to do this and I thought it was because he has a thick coat. Now that he's much healthier I haven't noticed his fur wrinkling as much. Maybe it is due to dehydration.

Alfie's Mom
04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Cammie, can I come snuggle with you? You are just too cute.

cassiesmom
05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Cammie, I want to snuggle with you after Alfie's Mom does!!